Why Must Saul Suffer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Sounds like another distinction without a difference.
That's interesting, because it sounds like a distinction with all of the difference in the world (and then some) to me ;)

It's like saying that there is no difference between 1. having a fire hose and soaking a bride and her bridesmaids from head to toe right before they walk down the aisle (just because you think that it's funny to do so) and 2. hosing them down from head to toe because all of their dresses are on fire (I know, that's a terrible analogy, but sadly, it's also the one that came to mind first :rolleyes:).

Unlike most of us most of the time, the Lord's principal focus is NOT on the here and now of our lives (on this little blip in eternity that our lives on this Earth represent) as much as it is on the balance of the eternity that is still before us instead. He's all about that part of our lives, about the place that each of us chooses to end up living in after we die, the place where we will still be a trillion quadrillion years from now (and beyond).

The Bible tells us that EVERYONE will have a physical and conscious existence in the eternity to come (whether they became an adopted child of God during their lives here or they did not). It also tells us that each person will live out the balance of eternity in one of two VERY different places (one which is exceedingly wondrous/wonderful and filled with joy, and one which is anything but).

If you've never taken a truly serious look into all of this, I'd (obviously) recommend that you do so forthwith (as this life is the only chance that you will have).

It also seems to me that this would be as good of a place as any to start as there are certainly a lot of people here to talk to, listen to, run things by, to ask for help when/if needed, etc., a lot of people who would love to help you come to know and understand what we do about the Savior, and to have, then, what we have because of Him :)

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy (David)
John 17
3 This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Off123123123

Apr 3, 2006
USA
That's interesting, because it sounds like a distinction with all of the difference in the world (and then some) to me ;)

It's like saying that there is no difference between 1. having a fire hose and soaking a bride and her bridesmaids from head to toe right before they walk down the aisle (just because you think that it's funny to do so) and 2. hosing them down from head to toe because all of their dresses are on fire (I know, that's a terrible analogy, but sadly, it's also the one that came to mind first :rolleyes:).

Unlike most of us most of the time, the Lord's principal focus is NOT on the here and now of our lives (on this little blip in eternity that our lives on this Earth represent) as much as it is on the balance of the eternity that is still before us instead. He's all about that part of our lives, about the place that each of us chooses to end up living in after we die, the place where we will still be a trillion quadrillion years from now (and beyond).

The Bible tells us that EVERYONE will have a physical and conscious existence in the eternity to come (whether they became an adopted child of God during their lives here or they did not). It also tells us that each person will live out the balance of eternity in one of two VERY different places (one which is exceedingly wondrous/wonderful and filled with joy, and one which is anything but).

If you've never taken a truly serious look into all of this, I'd (obviously) recommend that you do so forthwith (as this life is the only chance that you will have).

It also seems to me that this would be as good of a place as any to start as there are certainly a lot of people here to talk to, listen to, run things by, to ask for help when/if needed, etc., a lot of people who would love to help you come to know and understand what we do about the Savior, and to have, then, what we have because of Him :)

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy (David)
John 17
3 This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
He literally says he finds many of the previously mentioned things pleasurable. Your analogy is an apple to my orange.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There seems to be a sadomasochist-ish side to the God of the bible that finds delight in people proving their love for him by suffering or being tortured. His ways apparently aren’t our ways, so if that’s a pleasure of his, then i guess so be it?
you obviously haven’t read the Bible your judgements of the true God written in the Bible shows it clearly.

If you had children and you spent your life teaching them the right and safe ways to live telling them plainly “ if you live this way you’ll be blessed , but if you do these evil things you’ll be cursed “ warning then of the dangers and consequences

and then your kids go out and do the things you told them not to do because they’d be harmed ……does that somehow mean you are a sadist and like seeing your kids suffer ?OR we’re you telling the. The truth all along because you didn’t want them to suffer ?

Im assuming your an atheist come here to troll

Off123123123

Apr 3, 2006
USA
you obviously haven’t read the Bible your judgements of the true God written in the Bible shows it clearly.

If you had children and you spent your life teaching them the right and safe ways to live telling them plainly “ if you live this way you’ll be blessed , but if you do these evil things you’ll be cursed “ warning then of the dangers and consequences

and then your kids go out and do the things you told them not to do because they’d be harmed ……does that somehow mean you are a sadist and like seeing your kids suffer ?OR we’re you telling the. The truth all along because you didn’t want them to suffer ?

Im assuming your an atheist come here to troll
No I’ve read the bible a lot. I think you have not read it, and are imposing your ideas of what you want God to be, onto the actual bible.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
No I’ve read the bible a lot. I think you have not read it, and are imposing your ideas of what you want God to be, onto the actual bible.
Lol I see alright then we’ll I hope you take care of yourself

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Psalm 115:4 Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.

Psalm 135:6 Whatever the Lord pleases, he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps.

Phil 1:29 29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

1 Peter 3 . 17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.

Romans 8:36 As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

Is 53: 10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
Yet God also subjected Himself to immense pain and suffering.

When He took on the human form.

Everyone in life suffers anyway, just get old and then you will know what suffering is.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yet God also subjected Himself to immense pain and suffering.

When He took on the human form.

Everyone in life suffers anyway, just get old and then you will know what suffering is.
“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:18‬ ‭

Some humans suffer whether they believe or not it’s not because God wanted it however it’s because they keep rejecting what he’s saying that if they keep sinning they are definately going to end up following this guy home

“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:41, 46‬ ‭KJV‬‬

instead of this guy

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to this place

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1, 3-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

God is informing people of two paths and destinations satan is going to end up in torment forever but we humans don’t have to follow him there if we will open our ears to Gods word he will lead us home to him

people should realize Gods informing us of what’s coming he isnt forcing us either way if we dont listen to him what he’s warning us will happen will happen

He has been telling mankind that since the beginning of we listen to what he’s telling us we’ll live , if we reject it and follow the devils lies in the world we will perish

God doesn’t condemn people unjustly he’s given all of us the same chance in this life all we have to do is believe Jesus it’s been that way since Eden God said the truth he didn’t make them eat it he warned them not to

Satan suggested it and they followed his lies and died

it was the same with cain God told him to repent and do what’s right and he would be accepted like abel . Instead he killed abel and was cast away.

God is telling us what he tells us to keep us safe some of us won’t hear and believe him

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7, 9-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

see what I mean ? gods pleading with us foretelling what’s going to happen calling us to repent and believe so we can be saved he’s employing mankind to come home quickly before it’s too late not to joyfully throw random folks in hell and save other random folks Godbhas no pleasure in man’s suffering but for the suffering of Christ which is his suffering and redeems mankind

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
He literally says he finds many of the previously mentioned things pleasurable.
Hi Off, does He 'truly' say that, ever :unsure: If it's true that He does, that God "literally says" that He "takes pleasure in pain/suffering/death ~ITSELF~" and not in what ~RESULTS~ from it instead, please point that/those verse(s)/passage(s) out for us so that we can see them too (as I have yet to see anything like that posted in this thread).

You missed the most important parts of my last thread (the most important parts for you, that is), or you failed to comment on them. No worries though, I'll take us back there later.

~Deuteronomy (David)
p.s. - BTW, God does say a number of things to us that are the very opposite of the claims that you are making about Him. For instance,

Ezekiel 33
11 “'As I live!’ declares the Lord GOD, ‘I take ~no pleasure~ in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live.”