Why should I come back to God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CEF

I'm so mad at god he does not deserve me. I've been nothing but a bad kid. He's tore the hearts of me and my family. I just don't understand. What good is God?

Nov 30, 2012
Your signature answers your questions. If you need to rant at God that's okay...He will take every step with you and go through torment with you.

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
I'm so mad at god he does not deserve me. I've been nothing but a bad kid. He's tore the hearts of me and my family. I just don't understand. What good is God?
Are you being serious? Trying to provoke thought? Playing the devils' advocate?

I can't tell if there is a real issue or if you are trying to get a conversation going.

But if you are really asking a question, tell us more and we will talk with you about it.

God loves you more than you can imagine, even when it doesn't seem like it.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
It amazes me how many people misplace the blame. God is not the one who torments you. Re-target your anger at the real villain - satan. It's his goal to seperate you from God, and it sounds like his plan is working!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Has your case become as serious as Job's?

R

Raine

God does not deserve you?

I think ink you should rethink that statement... It is really us who do not deserve God.

And I encourage you to go ask God as well. If you allow yourself to be vulnerable before him and hand everything completely over, I'm sure he will answer your above questions.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
I know that you and your family have been through some very trying times lately but, blaming God is not the answer. You have been blessed in more ways than you will ever know. These thing may not be obvious to you right now but, time will show you the many blessings that God has in store for you and your family.

Take this to Him in prayer, He is always with you. I have to agree with Raine, we are the ones that do not deserve God, not the other way around. Don't only think of what is going on today, think about your past and your future. Think about the blessings God has bestowed on you in the past. Think about life without Him in the future. Do you really want to turn your back on our Heavenly Father?

Hugs to you, sweetie. I know you are going through a very hard time in your life right now.

A

Ariel82

You may be mad at God and He doesn't deserve your anger or your disobedience. You have stated you are a bad kid and may not feel like you deserve God's love, but He still loves you.

If He tore your hearts, its because they were filled with poison and lies. If you don't understand, then pray and ask God for understanding then you will see the Good God has in store for those who love Him and His ways.

God mends hearts, He lifts up and heals. He teaches with love, patience and wisdom from Above that is not like the worlds wisdom. May God bless you with His wisdom and chastens you with His rod so that you may be made clean, seek forgiveness and repentance and washed clean by the blood of Jesus then be taught to grow upright.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Apr 22, 2014

What God are you mad at??. Not the heavenly Father, Because He only does good things for us.
God has given us the authority to deal with any adverse circumstances.
Jesus said we can move our mountain's by telling them to go.
The devil is the god of this world, and sometimes he uses people to attack us. the devil is the one who brings adverse circumstances, We are the one's who should bind the devil.
God said we are more than conquerors, Rom 8: 37. He always causes us to triumph, 2 Cor 2: 14, And OUR FAITH gives us the victory that overcomes the world, 1 Jn 5: 4--5.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Actually God says I alone am God there is no one else besides me , I alone save . CEF KEEP faith dont let circumstances principalities no man rob you of your vision , keep faith pray and endure Jesus said , think I am here to bring peace ? I am not here to bring peace but a sword motheragainst daughtter etc but He says for as many lost family and left houses and family for my sake , believe me I will give to them ten folds in return , nothing you lose for His sake is for nothing When you receive the inner joy notging will affect you believe me when i give you this advice.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
No one should ever be mad at God. I'm scared just going over the idea in my head. Although, I have been there before. Chances are it's sin that lead to where you and your family are, not God.

James 1:13-14
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

Jul 27, 2011
Because He is our only hope. Getting mad at God isn't right, thats what spoiled children do when things aren't going the way they want, or getting what they want when they want it. When we start throwing tantrums, and telling others that God is bad, i don't think much good will come for that. Gods feeling can't be hurt, but talking like that will make satan happy. i'm sure atleast a thousand people have told God today how mean He is. It's been going on for thousands of years, and a lot of them have come back to Him falling on their knees weeping, and The Father is waiting with a smile and open arms.

Sep 3, 2012
Hello, you care to share how God tore the hearts of you and your family? I would love to listen to what you have to say.

Dec 9, 2013
What God are you mad at??. Not the heavenly Father, Because He only does good things for us.
God has given us the authority to deal with any adverse circumstances.
Jesus said we can move our mountain's by telling them to go.
The devil is the god of this world, and sometimes he uses people to attack us. the devil is the one who brings adverse circumstances, We are the one's who should bind the devil.
God said we are more than conquerors, Rom 8: 37. He always causes us to triumph, 2 Cor 2: 14, And OUR FAITH gives us the victory that overcomes the world, 1 Jn 5: 4--5.
How convenient that only "good" things are attributed to the Father while "bad" things are brought by the devil for us to deal with.

I say again, who allows the devil to be god of this world? Is the heavenly Father powerless to stop the devil or does He choose not to, thus making Him the cause of out adversities??

I see you take the moving mountains as a metaphor, though the text seems to literally speaking about moving a mountain if you only have the faith of a mustard seed. Which implies to me that nobody really has much faith then or Jesus lied or Jesus never actually said it...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
he does not deserve me.

amen,
God is good, and He doesn't deserve a lukewarm, wishy-washy, inconsiderate and ungrateful sinner like me.

i should try to be better pleasing to Him. :)

on topic however, i hope you and God are able to work it out!

O

Osiyo

CEF, be blessed, and know this: He loves you just the way you are, and all the problems and worries He knows, for He lived through them all, there is nothing new to Him. He sent His Son to die for us all, and He says this to you: Come, let us reason together (Isaiah 1), just think about it, the creator of all things seen and unseen takes the time to say, come let us reason together.

Your life is a miracle, and the Creator of the universe knows you by name. He's big enough to breathe out stars, yet intricate enough to fashion together the trillions of cells that make up every facet of who you are. The God who spoke the universe into existence made you, too, and knows everything about you. From the smallest molecule to the situation you find yourself in right now, He's aware of your circumstances and intimately acquainted with everything you do. And He cares about you and promises to carry you through.

That's where we find hope in the midst of the darkest places in life. The journey is often complicated and painful, filled with confusion and chaos. Yet, the cross of Christ reveals God's promise to preserve and restore you no matter what the circumstance. He will hold onto you and hold you together, giving strength to those who hope in His unfailing love.

He is the everlasting God!

follow the link and see God as He really is and at how much He loves you.

How Great is Our God: with Louie Giglio How Great is Our God: with Louie Giglio (full video) - YouTube

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I was thinking of a half a dozen different scriptures to help you change your perspective.

But they won't make any sense until you get through what you have to get through.

And then you will already know them and they will be yours.

It sure would be a waste of a broken heart if you didn't bring it before the Lord and ask Him to fix it.

Dec 19, 2009
The Lord shows the way to happiness. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Do what Jesus tells you to do. You will find happiness.