Why so many divorce threads?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
I realize that there are many problems with family, but aren't there some good things too? Like goofy family mishaps or silly things that your kids have said. Or What about things that family has said or done that make you re look at how you as a christian treat God and others?

A praise, for crying out loud!

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
Really? So many views and not one comment! Fine! I will share some!

An older, Christian couple survived an explosion in their house and a fire and now they are back home safe.

My husband really likes them "homemade carrots", when I asked if I could grow some carrots.

B

BarlyGurl

Shrimp,
There are many divorce threads because TOO many people over the age of 25 who claim to be long-time Christians do not have a clue what the word of God really says... so they have not bothered to live their lives according to God's principals... failure to do so will eventually get close enough to home that the crisis occurs. Then someone comes running to God to fix it for them when MANY of these problems could have been avoided with due diligence in learning the bible.

I Think it is great that you want to bring praise... you keep doing that. Marriage is a HOLY institution created by God so you continue to rejoice in your marriage and rejoice for your husband...you will be blessed for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Songbird_7

A bit harsh, I think. People should never be ashamed to ask for help or prayer for their marriages.

B

BarlyGurl

A bit harsh, I think. People should never be ashamed to ask for help or prayer for their marriages.
This thread isn't... "why so many asking for help or prayer for marriages threads".

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tdrew777

We've only been married 5 years, but it keeps getting better and better. I feel like we didn't even know each other (by comparison with the present time) when we were on our honeymoon.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
That's a very good point :).

People mainly come here for support, encouragement, and advice. When their relationships are going fine then there isn't that need.

Human nature does tend to emphasize the negative over the positive. Just look at what happened when Adam and Eve saw the negative as more important...."God is keeping something good from us".

God ordained marriage, so it must be a good thing. But because of our fallen natures living in a fallen world, things get complex and confusing. But be encouraged...many marriages are going very well. Not PERFECTLY, but when man and wife make that commitment to each other and to God, they make their wills willing to love and obey. Never easy, but very very worthwhile :).

O

olajide

This happens bcos the family are ungodly, they got married without acknowledging God and now that d problems showface they now want God to solve what actually he knows nothing about......we tend to b christians but we don't follow and do the what d word says..... The bible says we should not b equally yoked with unbelievers and yet we marry unbelievers havnt you act against d word? Hebrew 12:2 says jesus is the aurthor and finisher of our faith but mind u christ cant finish what he did not author, did u acknowledge God bfor u got married? Or u did that out of ur own emotions, did u waits to hear from him? Acknowledge God in all your ways and he will direct ur path proverbs6:3... Divorce rate is higher now because couples fails to hear and acknowledge God, simply put many are ungodly..........

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
When I started this thread I was not saying that it isn't ok to seek out advice, but that I had noticed threads like that were more popular than say, a praise thread. I know why people get divorced and I know why people wait until things get really bad before seeking out advice. I come from a divorced family, heck I've got grandparents that got divorced, so I've been around it a long time.
My thing is that Christians and other people would rather spend all of there time on here just giving advice and forget that sometimes the best testimony is a praise, sometimes the best advice comes from a goofy story, or sharing what we are thankful to God for.

I have one: I am thankful to God that He is going to get my father in law back to his home, so I can stop pretending that I do house work all day

P

Precious_Sunflower

Perhaps make a new thread where we can share goofy(funny)and praiseworthy things about our families? :)

Just a suggestion. Good Idea, btw... -God Bless-

R

_Ragdoll_

i'm happy my 3 year old son came to me to have his hair cut rather than trying to do it himself, again. When we were done he says " Yay, now baby girl (his 4 mo old sister) can't pull my hair no more!" lol

S

Songbird_7

It's quite true that we should encourage and uplift each other. I wasn't responding to your thread, but the comment above that came off very harsh towards those in difficult marriages who are considering divorce. It's a terrible place to be and many people come here for support and advice (not judgement), just as I have. I think it's great to start threads about funny things...I have 3 boys and an endless supply of potty training stories....not that anyone wants to hear that. haha. How about, what are some of the craziest things your kids have ever done?? My middle son, who is a handful, tipped over the kitchen stove on himself when he was around 2 years old. I about died!! He came away from it with a cut in his mouth. I was so thankful he was ok!! No one believes me when I tell this story.