WHY VIDEO GAMES?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
A friend asked me why a 69 year old man would play video games.

There are two answers...

1] Because I enjoy them.

2] More importantly, video games are an excellent way to exercise the brain, and enhance hand-eye coordination.

For older people, playing them helps deter memory loss and similar problems. They require the player to retain a lot of data, and enhance concentration. Hand-eye coordination helps with balance as well. I know this because my VA Neurologist, Primary Care Dr. and Physical Therapists said so.

Now, I agree with them, and playing the games may well help deter "old timers", but Answer No. 1 is my main reason.

😁

Hey! I'm 69! I'll play 'em iffin..I want to!!! 😄uh

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Yup! I’m still at the age where u care about people’s perception of “being too old” for certain things, while at the same time not being young enough to be a closet fan. Nah man if I’m 30 and I wanna play Pokémon I’m playing Pokémon.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
A friend asked me why a 69 year old man would play video games.

There are two answers...

1] Because I enjoy them.

2] More importantly, video games are an excellent way to exercise the brain, and enhance hand-eye coordination.

For older people, playing them helps deter memory loss and similar problems. They require the player to retain a lot of data, and enhance concentration. Hand-eye coordination helps with balance as well. I know this because my VA Neurologist, Primary Care Dr. and Physical Therapists said so.

Now, I agree with them, and playing the games may well help deter "old timers", but Answer No. 1 is my main reason.

😁

Hey! I'm 69! I'll play 'em iffin..I want to!!! 😄uh
I am a 54 year old gamer :) never lose the inner child :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I play games for the story. A good game is like a good book and a good movie combined, but better! You can walk around the world the story is set in and talk to the people in the story's world.

Did somebody say escapism? Anybody who uses that word must first renounce all fiction movies and books. :cool:

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
That's why I like 1602AD. Building a Island Nation, and it grows as you work....