Why would a child not be saved

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GM777

I do too much reading on the internet. I read or heard about a testimony where a 12-year old (I believe it was this age) did not make it to Heaven and that the child, brother, and mother were in hell and they were yelling at the mother angry that she never brought them to Sunday school. If this is true, why would a 12-year old not make it? Would God know their heart and that even though they're 12, they would have never produced good fruit anyway even if they lived to 100? Do you think a lot of people, thinking they will bring people to faith, make a lot of these stories up to scare people...which, I believe, is bearing false witness.

And why can children be possessed (which they can be, I believe)? Is it because the parents opened a doorway and it goes after the child? Even though parents can have an influence on the child, I guess it is up to every person to find the truth for themselves, even though some grow up with a lesser advantage due to the mistakes of their parents.

Is it bad that I question as much as I do? I wish I could be content like everyone else and have peace in salvation. Thank you all for putting up with me. Please don't dislike me lol

F

FORHISGLORY

Children are sinners ! David said: He was conceived in sinned sin(Ps.51). "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"(Romans 3). Jesus said:" You must be born again to enter the kingdom of God(John 3:3). Children need salvation in Jesus Christ as much as adults do. Have you ever considered the requirements for salvation for adults are the same as for children ? Many people believe children are without sin. This just isn't true. Then, people get their children baptized thinking that will satisfy God. Children are only justified before a holy God the same way adults are: by faith in Jesus Christ.

K

kenisyes

Who could have given such testimony? Once a person dies, he does not come back to give a census count. More likely, this is a counterfeit vision or story, just to upset inoocent mothers, and young people. Just because a child gets possessed does not mean a parent opened the door. This is a very complex issue, depending on family history, genetics, theological training, and many other factors.

You ask questions because you want to know Jesus better. That's a good thing. Here's the secret: if it's not peaceful, if it doesn't increase loving conviction, and desire for repentence, and especially if it creates confusion and fear, it's not Him talking. Keep questioning, keep studying, keep challenging God to show you more. He will always outdo your wildest expectations.

U

Ugly

How do you know that this 12 year old died and went to hell? And his family? If they're all dead and in hell, then who's passing along the story? This whole concept has no logic to it. I'd be very leery of these 'died and went to heaven/hell and came back' stories.

S

spacefreak

as far as the 12 yr old kid and salvation, the kid would have reached the age of accountability and any body that has reached the age of accountability has the free will to choose weather or not to accept Christ as their lord and savior. if they choose not too then they accept going to hell, only way they can get to heaven is to accept Jesus as their savior. now if their real young to where they have not reached the age of accountability then they would get to heaven because they would not have got to the age to make the choice.