Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

answers

Why, when I read on here, I hear so many people mention or complain about people sharing their troubles more than praises?

I think it is great that we have a place to share, reflect, gain insight, and get prayers in the numbers.

I think it is great that people feel comfortable to address things they may or may not have courage to address elsewhere.

Sure, who does not enjoy the sharing of the good that is present. Unfortunately, we are sinners and fortunately we are believers, but that too comes with a price here on earth. Just these two things can bring more paths of learning than stress free, negative free glory.

To me, the shared problems is praise.
If there was not anything to learn from, what did Jesus die for? What was his resurrection for? What is God's will verses our own? What would be the difference between earth and Heaven? And so on...

God is great and he is present is All and Everywhere and in All situations bad or good! That does not mean everything is going to be flawless. We are not God, just fighting to be.

Excuse my rant. I love God so much and all my brothers and sisters.

L

letti

Praise is wonderful,but those hurting needing advice do need to be heard ,Christ cares shouldn't we also care for those hurting and in pain.

B

Bryancampbell

Hi sister :)

The real question really is, what does praise actually mean to you? If a brother or sister stumble, and the family of God prays and encourages, have you found the praise? Praise isn't always jumping around excited and feeling good, and saying things. God considers a contrite heart that comes to Him praise, He considers confession praise, He considers asking for a hand, with the help of believers as praise. Praise takes on many forms, sometimes it takes on a disguise. :)

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God,
You will not dispise." - Psalms 51:17 NASB

The real question sister is, what do you consider praise?

But I understand your point of view if I did. That's why all of us should try to encourage and build up, that too is giving praise. Living as an example through Christ is a praise offering saying, "God thank you for making me for your purpose, and thank you for redeeming me."

Last edited:
L

letti

I guess dear brother my heart is kind of heavy at the moment,you are right,but lately some of the posts I see sadden my heart.Arguments are so common.

Oct 31, 2011
Most of us on cc are a family together, brothers and sisters in the Lord. We pull each other up. If someone sees a sibling ask for help and only say don't bother me, it is shameful of them.

What does pain me is seeing the devil's ways expressed on this Christian Chat, the ways of accusing and hate.

Christ would not be the grim faced preacher going into a beer parlor scolding. He would be sitting next to people in the beer parlor having fun with them and telling them of a better way. We have lots of grim faced preachers on here, and people who put down others.

C

cmarieh

I am not sure why we as humans do that. I guess it just our pride wanting others to feel sorry for us, however that is how we become relatable to other Christians and we are able to fellowship with each other. But I think for every prayer request post we make, we need to say a praise report even if it is the smallest of value

G

guideme

I agree, theres nothing wrong with posting your propblems or struggles in life. Thats the reason that we are here, to console and to be with each other. Love one another

S

Share55

Wherever people stand for God there will always be arguments and disagreements. We are told to test the spirits and one must understand that when we use God's word to help others not all are going to agree.
We all walk our own paths and have been where others have not. We may have similar experiences but our destiny is not the same nor is our learning from God. We are all on different levels and if someone were to disagree with me in a post I would not and should not be offended by it because they are not me and I am not them.
If we answer a question it is to uplift, console, or guide another into the light not for pride, recognition or a reward from each other for our reward is Jesus Christ.
Keep your eye on Jesus and He will guide you through the stormy waters so they will not overflow you.
Be strong and of good cheer.