Will God forgive me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OKC_Thunder

Will God forgive me for lying

K

kenisyes

If you repent, of course. [Repent means be sorry and not want to do it any more.]

Sep 8, 2012
Yes.
But you must be sorry for it.
God will give you a heart to hate evil, (which lying is).
Just ask Him. Through Jesus.

I

Indubitably

God will forgive anything, including lying. Repent.. tell God you are sorry for sinning (lying) and ask for forgiveness. He is faithful to forgive!

I John 1:9 says: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012
Psalm 145:8
The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.

God loves you and desires that you go to him, sometimes its hard to look up when we mess up, but we have to go to the Lord and ask for forgiveness.

Psalm 40:12
12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.

Another thing brother, God's word is the truth, if it says he will forgive or he loves you then it means exactly that, God does not lie, God is truth and light.

God loves you even as he loved Jesus!

D

dru

Personally i know i will never understand God's love toward us like everyone sins bt the difference beween believers and non believers is that the conviction of the Holy Spirit gets us dont it?like the way you are feeling now i think its conviction-you will sin in the future but you are not looking foward to it right?,it'll just happen like bhamm!! but if you weren't christian, you would not even notice you lied or even worse you would have felt goodremember how Peter had given up on his fath after denying Jesus and he went back to fishing because he had 'failed'and Jesus went for him after resurrecting peter had gone at it alone-fishing which is symbolic but he caught nothing the whole night but in the morning Jesus appered and told him to cast his nets alone and they could not lift the net into the boat Jesus let them waste their energy the whole night-well,He wanted to show Peter that alone he could not make it but withJesus's simple command he became a winner,meaning that when we sin we do feel bad which makes us hate sinning because you cant like something that makes you feel bad but sometimes we start to self pitty ourself when all we need is say we are sorry and God restores us even more,just like peter.(john21)

T

TIM0999

yep.god can do those things kenisyes. he will forgive you for lien

god bless

P

PaigeyStorm

Will God forgive me for lying
im sure you know Jesus? that guy who died on the cross for you. well, he died to show you God has ALREADY forgiven you for all your sins. You there is nothing you can do that he will turn away from you. He lavishes his grace upon you everyday, just be open to recieve it. :)

H

Halo

although pretty much every commitable sin is common for one to undulge in, lying is certainly one of the most commonly commited sin and GOD will gladly forgive you as long as you are sincere with your request for HIS forgiveness.

Dec 23, 2012
God will forgive you, but you got to admit that you lied and that you are sorry then ask god to forgive you and he will:)

K

kittycat7

God will always forgive you. God Love you. I lie most of the time, but I never beat myself about it: " I know, Im weak: I know im unwhorthy to call upon you name, but because of Grace, because of you mercy, I stand here unshamed" Think about that: