Will you go outside and look up when Ezekiel 39:6 happens?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the LORD. Ezekiel 39:6.

The word "Coastland" could mean a "Country".....America? If you see Russia and Iran attacking Israel, will you go outside and look up for the fire?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Well i believe the war detailed in that scripture will not happen until the end of the 1000 year reign of the LORD Jesus on earth.. But yeah i will be an eternal Saint at the time so i will know all about it..

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Well i believe the war detailed in that scripture will not happen until the end of the 1000 year reign of the LORD Jesus on earth.. But yeah i will be an eternal Saint at the time so i will know all about it..
The war at the end of the 1000 years involves every country attacking Israel. Ezekiel 38 and 39 are just a few nations.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The war at the end of the 1000 years involves every country attacking Israel. Ezekiel 38 and 39 are just a few nations.
Many peoples will take part in this Gog Magog war..

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: 4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

Note the nations mentioned Persia, Etheopia, and Lybia.. Do you ever wonder where is Egypt or Iraq ( Sinar ) and Syria and Lebanon are ???? One thing we learn about the Millennial kingdom is that it will include Egypt, Sinar and placed like Syria and Lebanon and the Arabian peninsular.. This is why these nations are not mentioned,, Because when this prophecy is fulfilled they will no longer exist..

And of course as you mentioned the state of peace and tranquility The Kingdom will be in when this was starts..

(Ezekiel 38:8-11) "¶ After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. {9} Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. {10} Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: {11} And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,"

They will attack an Israel without Walls without security bars over their windows.. With no gates even?? Si there any society on earth at the moment who lives in a society so safe that they need no walls or even gates?? But will such a society exists during the 1000 year reign of the LORD Jesus? Yes indeed there will be.. Also who is going to visit them ( gog / magog ) lets read Revelation 20..

(Revelation 20:7-8) "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, {8} And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

So after the 1000 years have expired Satan will visit them and deceive them and gather them to go and fight against the Kingdom..

So how will the LORD destroy the army of Gog ?

(Ezekiel 38:22-23) "And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. {23} Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD."

And how will the LORD destroy the army of God in Revelation 20?

(Revelation 20:9) "And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

Yes a lot of well known prophecy preachers online and elsewhere think Ezekiel 38 war will happen Before the return of Jesus.. But for the above reasons i see it as at the end of the 1000 year kingdom..

selahsays

May 31, 2023
"And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the LORD. "So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not let them profane My holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. "Surely it is coming, and it shall be done," says the Lord GOD. "This is the day of which I have spoken.

- Ezekiel 39:6-8

I believe the battle of Hamon-gog (Ezekiel 39) happens when Jesus returns at the 7th trump, right before or simultaneous to the Millennium.

(The battle of Gog and Magog (Revelation 20:7-9) takes place after the Millennium.)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I really don't think so, Holy Spirit is confirming this is it.
blessings

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

This may be the cloud
He's coming back on
For we all know
That it's not long