Willing participant...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
The event after service, nailed home the content of the service so well. Let me explain...

Ok, so the service was amazing. It was all about being a willing, not reluctant, participant in fellowship with Him.

I love that because it ties in with what has been kinda a theme in my life a lot, lately.

I mean we all need Him to do the heavy lifting, but that doesn't mean we sit back and wait for His divine intervention, that we don't have a role. We are called to participate in the cause of God, to choose Him everyday, all day. To walk in service and love. It all starts in our thoughts, and follows through to our actions, and sometimes, our actions to our thoughts.

Ok so it sounds good right, until...

I tried to dash out before they got me, as that is how I roll. Get there right as they are starting and poof be gone, right after. I sit in the back row, right next to the exit, making sure no obstacle keeps me from getting outta there, lol.

Anyhooo, not today, two lovely ladies caught me and said..

Will you be here next week for the potluck and what can we count on you to bring?

Oh man, in my thoughts…no one wants my health dishes. I offered instead to help clean up after. I am good at that, lol. I said, with a real big smile, cooking is not my strength. They looked at me and said, ``No worries that will be great but maybe you could just grab something from the store. You don't have to cook anything".

Oh mannnn, dog gone it, I thought in my head...ugh. However, I just grabbed their clipboard and said, great idea, you are right. I signed up, a relish tray it is, lol. If I do stay and fellowship, you know, participate, lol, I still plan on helping with the clean up.

Clearly, I still need to work on my reluctant participation. Help me Lord, to walk in action, not just in word and notion. I guess it's time to ensure I help myself, serve others, as well!!

I am so honored to have a part in the Kingdom of God, to make Him and those who belong to Him a priority greater than my desire to please the flesh, which includes my, selfishly, doing as little as possible, (so guilty as charged,lol).

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
The event after service, nailed home the content of the service so well. Let me explain...

Ok, so the service was amazing. It was all about being a willing, not reluctant, participant in fellowship with Him.

I love that because it ties in with what has been kinda a theme in my life a lot, lately.

I mean we all need Him to do the heavy lifting, but that doesn't mean we sit back and wait for His divine intervention, that we don't have a role. We are called to participate in the cause of God, to choose Him everyday, all day. To walk in service and love. It all starts in our thoughts, and follows through to our actions, and sometimes, our actions to our thoughts.

Ok so it sounds good right, until...

I tried to dash out before they got me, as that is how I roll. Get there right as they are starting and poof be gone, right after. I sit in the back row, right next to the exit, making sure no obstacle keeps me from getting outta there, lol.

Anyhooo, not today, two lovely ladies caught me and said..

Will you be here next week for the potluck and what can we count on you to bring?

Oh man, in my thoughts…no one wants my health dishes. I offered instead to help clean up after. I am good at that, lol. I said, with a real big smile, cooking is not my strength. They looked at me and said, ``No worries that will be great but maybe you could just grab something from the store. You don't have to cook anything".

Oh mannnn, dog gone it, I thought in my head...ugh. However, I just grabbed their clipboard and said, great idea, you are right. I signed up, a relish tray it is, lol. If I do stay and fellowship, you know, participate, lol, I still plan on helping with the clean up.

Clearly, I still need to work on my reluctant participation. Help me Lord, to walk in action, not just in word and notion. I guess it's time to ensure I help myself, serve others, as well!!

I am so honored to have a part in the Kingdom of God, to make Him and those who belong to Him a priority greater than my desire to please the flesh, which includes my, selfishly, doing as little as possible, (so guilty as charged,lol).

Yes! Yes! And Yes!
Lets love Him every minute possible, worship Him every minute possible, talk to Him all the time, especially out of gratitude. Humble ourselves as children. Remember we dont have to worry, life is short, we will be with Him in a short time.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
No i am not a Catholic, but i recognize Godly men. That way can accept the things that Godly have said. I am unafraid to being corrupted by anyone for two reasons, because i Trust He will protect me and His words are written on my heart.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what is wrong with bringing popcorn?

Easily transportable, can be done in a microwave oven in under 2 minutes and its hot and fresh.

I dont understand why people feel they have to bust a gut to bring a baked dish that took HOURS. Its not a contest of churches hottest baker. The ones who love cooking will willingly do it and make more for everyone else the ones that dont will appreciate it.

also, if you do bring something nobody else eats you just have to take it home again and will be wasted. Its is fine to clean up afterward or bring drinks or savoury nibbles that didnt require cooking. Or cut up pieces of fruit.

I think people have to get over this top chef mentality where everyone is judging everyone elses dish like they do on tv. Cos thats what it can feel like. Besides if they want everyone particpating the. make the kitchen open, provide the ingredients and food and you all pitch in and cook TOGETHER.

I find that people seem to think everyone has their own kitchen with a loaded pantry all the time..that is not the case.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
CharliRenee you would be an excellent greeter, you may have to push yourself a little but I'm thinking you'd put a smile on anyone's face. You know what I bring to 'gathering tables' is ice cold watermelon strips, it's always a hit and full of 'good nutrition stuff' lol.
Oh yes, a greeter would be so fun, just quick fly bys, loving on ppl. Yes, that is a good idea. Thanks for the watermelon tip.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
No i am not a Catholic, but i recognize Godly men. That way can accept the things that Godly have said. I am unafraid to being corrupted by anyone for two reasons, because i Trust He will protect me and His words are written on my heart.
I wondered if you were catholic. I am not but I don't think being one is nec against Christ. I believe if you genuinely love and follow Him, then denominations just doesn't matter. I never understood why there are so many different denominations when there is only One word.

I don't agree calling a priest, Father, as He is clear on that in the word. I always wondered how others reconciled with His clear direction on this matter. I believe the pope gets too much credit. We need to go to Christ for mercy, no one else, though all of us should demonstrate His mercy in our hearts by paying it forward. I also love and respect Mary and God's allowing her the huge honor of carrying Christ in her belly, but would NEVER want to worship her. With all that said, I again have no place to determine ones heart with Christ.

Brother, I also appreciate these words of yours...

I am unafraid to being corrupted by anyone for two reasons, because i Trust He will protect me and His words are written on my heart.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I still want some of that salmon salad...