Windies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Who here has watched Gone with the Wind??

My absolute favourite movie (3 hours, 53 minute and 13 seconds) of all time, next to The Sound of Music

Windies only please...!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I, also, prefer the sound of music. :cool:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sound of music is better for children.
GWTW if you like drama and costume. But its better if you read the book first. All 1036 pages.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im am in a GWTW kind of mood.

sorry folks. Tomorrow is another day!

Mum watched with me and I asked her how she thought Scarlett was going to get Rhett back.
Im sure Scarlett came up with Plan B by wearing another set of fabulous curtains.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I hear there was a sequel to Gone with the Wind. I hear it really stunk though, and many fans of GwtW prefer to pretend the sequel does not exist.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in real life the Rhett character was one of Margaret Mitchell's beaus known as 'Red' who was a bit of a rebel. But he became drunk and violent so she left him.

the rape scene in the movie was of course sanitised a bit but the book had more detail on why Rhett was so taken up with .scarlett, even while she was oblivious and in love with Ashley.

MM was actually killed by a drunk driver crossing the street in Atlanta.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Scarletts original name was going to be 'Pansy'

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well... she was a bit of a pansy.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I cried when Melanie died, she was such a shining example of a true christian in GWTW.
Scarlett was irish catholic.
Mammy was one of my favourite characters. When Scarlett went back to Tara, not only did she get her strength from the red earth, but also comfort in the arms of her mammy, who would often scold her when she was doing things wrong. I can imagine she would receive counsel there and wisdom.

the most hrrobly shocking thing in the movie was when Scarlett fell down the stair and lost her baby. In the book, she had three children to each of her husbands but they were cut out of the film.

if she had turned to God I can imagine she made true her promise and looked after Wade.