Wisdom vs Intelligence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

I think I broke my hubris once. It was very painful. :D

S

SeatBelt

went to one of them there ferin resturmerants and got the hubris & kablooey?

D

dyingeveryday

hubris kawhat?

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Intelligence is knowing 1 + 1 = 2

Wisdom is knowing how to use your mathematical skills to impress women

(so did it work ladies???)

J

Jullianna

ummm...ermmm...uh

May 24, 2013
I believe intelligence is a state of 'knowing': that goes beyond the mere acquisition of 'knowledge'; but the ability to 'apply knowledge gained' to its maximum benefit, seeing with discernment the greatest pathway to this end, and then applying it. This in turn is 'wisdom'. A person with intelligence understands the depth and value of wisdom and the two go hand in hand. Intelligence is to 'see, discern and understand and process with the purest clarity'..., which is also wisdom...
Pure intelligence is a state of inner knowing in the Spirit of God - which is the Source of Intelligence; which in turn is and brings Wisdom. In their purest and most ideal sense they are inseparable...

...The 'intelligence' and 'wisdom' of the world is another matter..., and in that regard, there are levels of 'intelligence' identified with some, some of which may lack wisdom in context of an incompleteness...

Last edited:
S

SeatBelt

Intelligence is knowing 1 + 1 = 2
this is a false definition, according to the most commonly accepted definitions given in this thread...
sorry, Descyple, here on Survivor Nerd Edition, you have been voted off the liberary ;) :p :rolleyes:

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
I like my hubris with sun-dried tomatoes, a spinach salad, garlic bread and a glass of lambrusco.