Woman Officer Leads Guard of Honour for Obama

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
The US President Obama is the first president of the USA to be invited to India's Republic Day celebrations as Chief Guest.

NEW DELHI: "I am an officer first and then a woman," said a proud Wing Commander Pooja Thakur after she became the first lady officer to lead the Inter-Service Guard of Honour which was inspected by US President Barack Obama at Rashtrapati Bhavan here today.

"It is a proud moment to be representing the Indian Air Force commanding the Inter-Services Guard of Honour and that too to Mr Barack Obama," Thakur said.

Asked how difficult it was for a woman officer in the Services, she said there is no differentiation.

"I would say that we are first officers, be it male or female. We are just the same. We are given the same kind of training. We are equals," she told PTI here.

Thakur, who joined the Indian Air Force in 2000, belongs to the administrative branch and is currently posted at 'Disha', the publicity cell under the Directorate of Personnel Officers at the Air Force Headquarters.

'Nari shakti' (woman power) is the theme for Republic Day parade this year where Obama is the chief guest.

For the first time, all women officer contingents of the army, air force and navy will walk down the Rajpath tomorrow.

Read more :
Woman officer leads guard of honour for Obama - The Times of India

Dec 18, 2013
I had seen yesterday in the news about Obama being invited to India for this parade. I am glad he accepted the invitation and it is very cordial of the Indian people to allow him such an honorable position in their parade, thus showing they think highly of America.

I like the idea of the women appreciation theme for this event. From my understanding Obama is to be meeting with Modi. I am hoping Obama will speak with Modi about the Christian persecutions from last month and try to get him to warm up to protecting religious minorities. I am wary of Modi, but I am hoping in light of Modi's efforts to improve quality of life for women, and also to strengthen ties to America, that he is at least open to the possibility.

V

Viligant_Warrior

It is all for show. Political correctness for the sake of a man who takes form and fashion for substance. He won't say a word to Modi about Christian persecution, and Christians will continue to die in northern India and our idiot White House occupant won't ever hear about it, given his priorities are interviews with women who wear green lipstick, photo ops with college basketball teams, and "climate change."

Dec 18, 2013
It is all for show. Political correctness for the sake of a man who takes form and fashion for substance. He won't say a word to Modi about Christian persecution, and Christians will continue to die in northern India and our idiot White House occupant won't ever hear about it, given his priorities are interviews with women who wear green lipstick, photo ops with college basketball teams, and "climate change."

Obama is the servant to three hundred million masters. As it is India has given an invitation of high honor to Obama, our servant, India thus honors we the kings of America. Not without good reason either, for Modi is business minded and wishes to do business with America.

Even Modi is but a servant, and moreso to a billion masters. Therefore we cannot expect Modi to be able to control India anymore than we can expect Obama to control America. As it is that trade, diplomacy, and even climate change are legitimate issues it is sensible for our servants to attend to such matters.

However, due to Modi's past and due to current affairs in India, we must insist that Modi take greater lengths to protect the Christians of India, and not just the Christians, but indeed all those in India that are his kings. For how can we, being kings of America, do business with a nation that does not protect its own kings?

Seeing as the issue of how India deals with its women, its princesses and queens, has been a big issue the past few years, I am glad to see the theme of this parade. Seemingly it appears India wishes to make improvements upon this issue. Therefore I do think we have an opportunity here to have positive change in India in regards towards Christians, whom are some of the greatest Christians in all history.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Obama is the servant to three hundred million masters.
Yes, he is. Problem is, he thinks he's the master of three hundred million slaves.

As it is India has given an invitation of high honor to Obama, our servant, India thus honors we the kings of America. Not without good reason either, for Modi is business minded and wishes to do business with America.
India has given no thought of honor to Obama. It is a game of political expediency. "Be nice to the guy with the biggest guns." Knowing all along Obama is clueless as to how to use them.

Even Modi is but a servant, and moreso to a billion masters. Therefore we cannot expect Modi to be able to control India anymore than we can expect Obama to control America.
A very noble and high-minded view of who our world leaders are. Also, totally baseless and without merit. These men (and women) are egomaniacs who think the world turns on their every word, and that their country should snap to and listen when they speak.

As it is that trade, diplomacy, and even climate change are legitimate issues it is sensible for our servants to attend to such matters.
To quote Inego Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Obama and Modi see themselves as "servants" about as often as I see myself as a snail.

However, due to Modi's past and due to current affairs in India, we must insist that Modi take greater lengths to protect the Christians of India, and not just the Christians, but indeed all those in India that are his kings. For how can we, being kings of America, do business with a nation that does not protect its own kings?
You keep talking like this about these egotistical morons, I'm gonna puke. And again, Obama isn't going to say diddly-squat about Indians torturing and killing Christians.

Seeing as the issue of how India deals with its women, its princesses and queens, has been a big issue the past few years, I am glad to see the theme of this parade.
It is a freakin' parade! It means nothing to Obama or Modi. Get over it, and them. They're just human beings, like us, just far more corrupt and much more visible.

Seemingly it appears India wishes to make improvements upon this issue.
"Seemingly" it appears India wants to look good for the Western media. I'm sure those fools Rachel Madow and Chris Matthews will be gushing clueless platitudes about it today just as you have here.

Therefore I do think we have an opportunity here to have positive change in India in regards towards Christians, whom are some of the greatest Christians in all history.
Too bad it won't get discussed, or even thought of, by Obama and his henchmen as they lie to Modi as certainly as he will lie to them.

Dec 18, 2013
Yes, he is. Problem is, he thinks he's the master of three hundred million slaves..

So stop treating him as a king, for he is not.

India has given no thought of honor to Obama. It is a game of political expediency. "Be nice to the guy with the biggest guns." Knowing all along Obama is clueless as to how to use them.
The people of India have given honor to America via giving honor to our servant Obama. Therefore the people of India at least deserves our ear. Modi is known to be a shrewd businessman. I do believe he wishes to make India prosper economically. Opening more trade with America would further this goal. However, any trade will be done between kings, not between the governments. Therefore it only makes sense that for both India and America to prosper that India must give greater protection to its kings.

A very noble and high-minded view of who our world leaders are. Also, totally baseless and without merit. These men (and women) are egomaniacs who think the world turns on their every word, and that their country should snap to and listen when they speak.
I am not speaking of the leaders of the world, for no man is. If the other kings and princes of the nations wish to shout the world into turning then their cries are in vain and they will be always disappointed.

To quote Inego Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Obama and Modi see themselves as "servants" about as often as I see myself as a snail.
To paraphrase Jeremiah; "Can the leopard change his spots?"

You keep talking like this about these egotistical morons, I'm gonna puke. And again, Obama isn't going to say diddly-squat about Indians torturing and killing Christians.
If Obama will not speak, then we must needs speak. Let us say Obama and Modi come to an economic agreement. Do you think it will be Modi and Obama whom open up businesses and trade with eachother? Nay, it will be between the kings of America and the kings of India.

It is a freakin' parade! It means nothing to Obama or Modi. Get over it, and them. They're just human beings, like us, just far more corrupt and much more visible.
If it is nothing to Modi then he would not invite Obama. If it were nothing to Obama then he would not accept the invitation. As it stands this parade and holiday in India means a great deal to the Indian people at the least. Therefore as the honorees it should mean at least to us that India does esteem us highly as friends.

"Seemingly" it appears India wants to look good for the Western media. I'm sure those fools Rachel Madow and Chris Matthews will be gushing clueless platitudes about it today just as you have here.
I don't watch NBC so I wouldn't know.

Too bad it won't get discussed, or even thought of, by Obama and his henchmen as they lie to Modi as certainly as he will lie to them.
If the servants will not discuss it then we the kings shall. If the servants do lie to eachother, then their plans will come to nothing anyways. Come, let us wait and watch to see what comes of this.