Women, From One Man's Perspective

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2013
Eve gave the fruit to Adam and said 'Eat'.

There are some universal truths about men and women that I've come across throughout the years. And some of them might be controversial, but they're just my learnings. Not necessarily true. But they're true to me, and I just feel like letting everyone in on my psyche a little bit.

Men generally ask very little, and women generally ask very much. Us men don't really desire a lot of things. I want a woman who's loyal and whose eyes I find beautiful. Someone that takes care of her body. That's it really. The rest can come. Women want all these other things. And a lot of men have been programmed to think that we desire all these 'extras' too. But honestly, most guys that I know now just want a women they'd be proud to take home to the folks for her values rather than the amount of makeup she wears and how good her bum looks in those jeans.

But women are very good at being emotionally manipulative and pushing on our buttons, and it's acceptable in our society because men act like they are 'hard', but really we hide the inner depth of our emotions from women, because deep down we just don't trust women to know the real person underneath because her expectations are far too high, her desires are far too unpredictable and her ability to manipulate us because of our love for her is far too great for us to begin to think about even taking a tiny part of that risk.

So we hide our emotions.

I've come across guys who are always saying 'I don't understand women', and I think it's quite simply really; women want what they want and it's foremost in their minds. I don't know what that is exactly, it's different for every woman, but all I know is, in our society, a woman will get what she wants one way or another. I tend to believe women generally only think of themselves in this respect. Before you take that as a horrible insult, read on, I'll explain. I'm not saying there's no such thing as a selfless women, but rather I'm saying that a selfless woman is a selfless woman because selflessness is what she wants. She sacrifices for her man, or she does something for someone, because that's what she wants. Men do things for very different reasons to women in this respect.

And I think, once a woman no longer has that emotional desire for something, that 'want' then it might as well be gone, very soon she'll stop doing it. And that's why a man's love and a woman's love are two very different things. A woman 'wants' and 'desires' (or, as they always say, is IN LOVE with, not just LOVES) her strong, bold man. But a man takes loving compassion toward his gentle, downtrodden, afflicted and fragile little woman.

In his eyes, she'll always be his little woman.

But 99% of the time, our first little woman breaks our heart in a million bits and we never quite get the buoyancy of mind back that we once had, so we just don't bother to open up to that potential for grief again. And most of us men end up going through life misunderstood emotionally.

That's my two cents for now. I'm sure there's more. I'll maybe post a series of these. They kinda vent me out a bit.

D

dashadow

Sounds like you've been hurt pretty bad. That's unfortunate. But this perspective you have is bound to compound your despair as opposed to providing healing. Praying God guides you to the righteous path with love and wisdom.

H

hattiebod

Eve gave the fruit to Adam and said 'Eat'.

There are some universal truths about men and women that I've come across throughout the years. And some of them might be controversial, but they're just my learnings. Not necessarily true. But they're true to me, and I just feel like letting everyone in on my psyche a little bit.

Men generally ask very little, and women generally ask very much. Us men don't really desire a lot of things. I want a woman who's loyal and whose eyes I find beautiful. Someone that takes care of her body. That's it really. The rest can come. Women want all these other things. And a lot of men have been programmed to think that we desire all these 'extras' too. But honestly, most guys that I know now just want a women they'd be proud to take home to the folks for her values rather than the amount of makeup she wears and how good her bum looks in those jeans.

But women are very good at being emotionally manipulative and pushing on our buttons, and it's acceptable in our society because men act like they are 'hard', but really we hide the inner depth of our emotions from women, because deep down we just don't trust women to know the real person underneath because her expectations are far too high, her desires are far too unpredictable and her ability to manipulate us because of our love for her is far too great for us to begin to think about even taking a tiny part of that risk.

So we hide our emotions.

I've come across guys who are always saying 'I don't understand women', and I think it's quite simply really; women want what they want and it's foremost in their minds. I don't know what that is exactly, it's different for every woman, but all I know is, in our society, a woman will get what she wants one way or another. I tend to believe women generally only think of themselves in this respect. Before you take that as a horrible insult, read on, I'll explain. I'm not saying there's no such thing as a selfless women, but rather I'm saying that a selfless woman is a selfless woman because selflessness is what she wants. She sacrifices for her man, or she does something for someone, because that's what she wants. Men do things for very different reasons to women in this respect.

And I think, once a woman no longer has that emotional desire for something, that 'want' then it might as well be gone, very soon she'll stop doing it. And that's why a man's love and a woman's love are two very different things. A woman 'wants' and 'desires' (or, as they always say, is IN LOVE with, not just LOVES) her strong, bold man. But a man takes loving compassion toward his gentle, downtrodden, afflicted and fragile little woman.

In his eyes, she'll always be his little woman.

But 99% of the time, our first little woman breaks our heart in a million bits and we never quite get the buoyancy of mind back that we once had, so we just don't bother to open up to that potential for grief again. And most of us men end up going through life misunderstood emotionally.

That's my two cents for now. I'm sure there's more. I'll maybe post a series of these. They kinda vent me out a bit.
You are 23. WOW!! so much ahead....i have news for you... you do not know it all. I am 30 years older than you (a mere woman) and I do not know it all either :) Its great you are trying to understand how relationships work, God Bless you, please read the responses your post will generate with an open heart. Please...a good start would be to not call women ''our little women''. In Christ, we are equal. I am, and never can be what you describe...I am 6 foot!! but i am a little put off by the way you want to put me in a box, limit me, I am a woman so I should be a certain way? not something I read in the Bible at all. I am interested to where do you get your views from? We have different roles yes, but we are equal. Equally valuable, intelligent and able. if you are looking to have a relationship, look to how you can succeed? Do not dwell on ''women's failings' maybe this is the culturally an issue here?...but it was not an issue for Christ. God Bless you. <><

Apr 15, 2013
Sounds like you've been hurt pretty bad. That's unfortunate. But this perspective you have is bound to compound your despair as opposed to providing healing. Praying God guides you to the righteous path with love and wisdom.
It doesn't actually. It's just really the way most of the world works, not inherently bad or depressing, that's just life. Feels good to write it though.

Apr 15, 2013
You are 23. WOW!! so much ahead....i have news for you... you do not know it all. I am 30 years older than you (a mere woman) and I do not know it all either :) Its great you are trying to understand how relationships work, God Bless you, please read the responses your post will generate with an open heart. Please...a good start would be to not call women ''our little women''. In Christ, we are equal. I am, and never can be what you describe...I am 6 foot!! but i am a little put off by the way you want to put me in a box, limit me, I am a woman so I should be a certain way? not something I read in the Bible at all. I am interested to where do you get your views from? We have different roles yes, but we are equal. Equally valuable, intelligent and able. if you are looking to have a relationship, look to how you can succeed? Do not dwell on ''women's failings' maybe this is the culturally an issue here?...but it was not an issue for Christ. God Bless you. <><
To think of a woman as 'little woman' is a term of endearment where I come from.

And you can be put off as much as you like, that's your right, but don't think I need to change my views on life off the back of your expression of that right lol, as just it's mine to see you in whichever way I choose to.

Obviously you've misunderstood some of my intentions writing that, but there's no point me going in circles with it.

Thanks for the response.

Apr 15, 2013
Obviously my reasons for writing that go beyond me simply having a limiting view of women as you put across. It's rather an opening up; me taking the time to vent my frustrations out on a page, because I am somewhat a writer and it always helps to be read in writing. That was the real purpose, a cry of frustration, as the man above recognized, being a man and all ;)

The real issue for me isn't 'women's failings', it's man's inability to live up to most (whom I have met) womens' expectations, because they are simply ridiculous. It is a moment of temporary annoyance; when sitting and being politically correct simply would have felt impotent.

Last edited:
H

hattiebod

Here are some universal truths about men and women that I've come across throughout the years.
Really?? throughout the years??? you are 23!!!! God Bless you :)
And some of them might be controversial,
Yes...they are. Potentially viewed as unfounded actually....just a thought...
but they're just my learnings. Not necessarily true. But they're true to me, and I just feel like letting everyone in on my psyche a little bit.
No, not necessarily true...so if you are letting us into your 'psyche' and sharing, expect some feedback?

Men generally ask very little, and women generally ask very much. Us men don't really desire a lot of things. Really? this is an incredible statement. You have maybe not met many women? I want a woman who's loyal and whose eyes I find beautiful. Someone that takes care of her body. That's it really. The rest can come. What??? are you for real??
Women want all these other things. (a brain?) And a lot of men have been programmed to think that we desire all these 'extras' too. But honestly, most guys that I know now just want a women they'd be proud to take home to the folks for her values rather than the amount of makeup she wears and how good her bum looks in those jeans. ( but she has to take care of her body right?...you just said that?well, maybe there is something to be said here
about expectations on both sides??

But women are very good at being emotionally manipulative and pushing on our buttons, and men are not?
and it's acceptable in our society because men act like they are 'hard', but really we hide the inner depth I have to say, so far I am not getting any inner depth...of our emotions from women, because deep down we just don't trust women to know the real person underneath because her expectations are far too high, her desires are far too unpredictable and her ability to manipulate us because of our love for her is far too great for us to begin to think about even taking a tiny part of that risk. Well..sweeping assumptions
aside, why not try talking?? not all women are the same ( although from what you write I think you maybe think there is some sort of conveyor belt of 'women' being churned out...?

So we hide our emotions. Here's a shock...so do women!!!

I've come across guys who are always saying 'I don't understand women', and I have come across women who say they don't understand men!! go figure? and I think it's quite simply really; women want what they want and it's foremost in their minds. I don't know what that is exactly, it's different for every woman, but all I know is, in our society, a woman will get what she wants one way or another. You need to address this hurt you have because these sweeping staements do not help. I tend to believe women generally only think of themselves in this respect. Before you take that as a horrible insult, read on, I'll explain. I'm not saying there's no such thing as a selfless women, but rather I'm saying that a selfless woman is a selfless woman because selflessness is what she wants. OK, we could take that as an insult....because that is what it is!! but, i think most reading this will see you as someone who has been slighted, hurt and is now very angry and confused. She sacrifices for her man, or she does something for someone, because that's what she wants. Men do things for very different reasons to women in this respect.Wrong :) men and women make mistakes and hurt one another .

And I think, once a woman no longer has that emotional desire for something, that 'want' then it might as well be gone, very soon she'll stop doing it. Just like a man would too! And that's why a man's love and a woman's love are two very different things. No, just as potentially destructive. Just as a woman 'wants' and 'desires' (or, as they always say, is IN LOVE with, not just LOVES) her strong, bold man. But a man takes loving compassion toward his gentle, downtrodden, afflicted and fragile little woman. What??

In his eyes, she'll always be his little woman.Maybe that is part of the problem? in his eyes?
But 99% of the time, our first little woman breaks our heart in a million bits and we never quite get the buoyancy of mind back that we once had, so we just don't bother to open up to that potential for grief again . So, it is right to hold the women that come after this disastrous relationship to task, to lay cause and fault for your emotional instability? Perhaps you need to get your emotions in order! And most of us men end up going through life misunderstood emotionally I wonder why?
That's my two cents for now. I'm sure there's more. I'll maybe post a series of these. Must you?
They kinda vent me out a for a bit For that we must all be glad? God Bless you...Christs dear one...I assume you are in a redemptive, saved & redeemed relationship with Christ? I pray you are and will listen, meditate on what reponses you get. God Bless you. <><

Apr 15, 2013
Here are some universal truths about men and women that I've come across throughout the years.
Really?? throughout the years??? you are 23!!!! God Bless you :)
And some of them might be controversial,
Yes...they are. Potentially viewed as unfounded actually....just a thought...
but they're just my learnings. Not necessarily true. But they're true to me, and I just feel like letting everyone in on my psyche a little bit.
No, not necessarily true...so if you are letting us into your 'psyche' and sharing, expect some feedback?

Men generally ask very little, and women generally ask very much. Us men don't really desire a lot of things. Really? this is an incredible statement. You have maybe not met many women? I want a woman who's loyal and whose eyes I find beautiful. Someone that takes care of her body. That's it really. The rest can come. What??? are you for real??
Women want all these other things. (a brain?) And a lot of men have been programmed to think that we desire all these 'extras' too. But honestly, most guys that I know now just want a women they'd be proud to take home to the folks for her values rather than the amount of makeup she wears and how good her bum looks in those jeans. ( but she has to take care of her body right?...you just said that?well, maybe there is something to be said here
about expectations on both sides??

But women are very good at being emotionally manipulative and pushing on our buttons, and men are not?
and it's acceptable in our society because men act like they are 'hard', but really we hide the inner depth I have to say, so far I am not getting any inner depth...of our emotions from women, because deep down we just don't trust women to know the real person underneath because her expectations are far too high, her desires are far too unpredictable and her ability to manipulate us because of our love for her is far too great for us to begin to think about even taking a tiny part of that risk. Well..sweeping assumptions
aside, why not try talking?? not all women are the same ( although from what you write I think you maybe think there is some sort of conveyor belt of 'women' being churned out...?

So we hide our emotions. Here's a shock...so do women!!!

I've come across guys who are always saying 'I don't understand women', and I have come across women who say they don't understand men!! go figure? and I think it's quite simply really; women want what they want and it's foremost in their minds. I don't know what that is exactly, it's different for every woman, but all I know is, in our society, a woman will get what she wants one way or another. You need to address this hurt you have because these sweeping staements do not help. I tend to believe women generally only think of themselves in this respect. Before you take that as a horrible insult, read on, I'll explain. I'm not saying there's no such thing as a selfless women, but rather I'm saying that a selfless woman is a selfless woman because selflessness is what she wants. OK, we could take that as an insult....because that is what it is!! but, i think most reading this will see you as someone who has been slighted, hurt and is now very angry and confused. She sacrifices for her man, or she does something for someone, because that's what she wants. Men do things for very different reasons to women in this respect.Wrong :) men and women make mistakes and hurt one another .

And I think, once a woman no longer has that emotional desire for something, that 'want' then it might as well be gone, very soon she'll stop doing it. Just like a man would too! And that's why a man's love and a woman's love are two very different things. No, just as potentially destructive. Just as a woman 'wants' and 'desires' (or, as they always say, is IN LOVE with, not just LOVES) her strong, bold man. But a man takes loving compassion toward his gentle, downtrodden, afflicted and fragile little woman. What??

In his eyes, she'll always be his little woman.Maybe that is part of the problem? in his eyes?
But 99% of the time, our first little woman breaks our heart in a million bits and we never quite get the buoyancy of mind back that we once had, so we just don't bother to open up to that potential for grief again . So, it is right to hold the women that come after this disastrous relationship to task, to lay cause and fault for your emotional instability? Perhaps you need to get your emotions in order! And most of us men end up going through life misunderstood emotionally I wonder why?
That's my two cents for now. I'm sure there's more. I'll maybe post a series of these. Must you?
They kinda vent me out a for a bit For that we must all be glad? God Bless you...Christs dear one...I assume you are in a redemptive, saved & redeemed relationship with Christ? I pray you are and will listen, meditate on what reponses you get. God Bless you. <><
Oh dear oh dear ...

P

Professor

The Adam and Eve story does provide insight into human nature: Adam blames Eve, and Eve blames the serpent (it seems we've all played the "blame game" instead of owning up to our sins, faults, etc). And we have a propensity to exaggerate: God tells Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or "you shall die." Eve tells the serpent that God said "you shall not eat the fruit...nor touch it​ or you shall die."

Apr 15, 2013
I find myself wanting to be wary of any person that attends a moment to pick apart a person's emotional overspill as some form of universal truth that has to be declared, analysed and defeated with a sassy little song and dance.

Bit of a time waster, really wasn't it? Hasn't changed much really. Be more beneficial to understand the motive behind that rather than proceed to invalidate any form of searching or generalizing on part of a member of the human population.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I find myself wanting to be wary of any person that attends a moment to pick apart a person's emotional overspill as some form of universal truth that has to be declared, analysed and defeated with a sassy little song and dance.

Bit of a time waster, really wasn't it? Hasn't changed much really. Be more beneficial to understand the motive behind that rather than proceed to invalidate any form of searching or generalizing on part of a member of the human population.
You should have known this would open up a can of worms.

You generalized women, and depicted us in a rather negative way. Some women won't take too kindly to that. I will say that real women would not act in such a way. If this is the type of women you are around then they haven't grown up. How I acted when I was 23 it totally different than how I act now.
Hopefully you will find a good one in the future.

Apr 15, 2013
You should have known this would open up a can of worms.

You generalized women, and depicted us in a rather negative way. Some women won't take too kindly to that. I will say that real women would not act in such a way. If this is the type of women you are around then they haven't grown up. How I acted when I was 23 it totally different than how I act now.
Hopefully you will find a good one in the future.
Not unlike men get generalized, and in fact, many human groups get generalized every day of the week but it isn't supposed to annoy men, is it?

I'll be honest, a large proportion of today's women ARE like that, albeit so are a large number of men. Because society doesn't teach many people what respectable moral standards are concerning the opposite sex. But if that was me on the end of that, and it had been a woman talking about men, I'd not have got offended as if she was attacking me, because she's never met me so how could she be? And neither would I defend someone who picked apart what she was saying and reduced her outcry to a dialogue of disdain. I'd have told her what my personal behavior toward women was generally like so that she could see that every man isn't someone who'll treat her in a wayside-manner.

Why does it annoy women so much? Are we not allowed to do the same song and dance as 'all men are pigs'?

P

Professor

Actually, we can save this thread by turning it into something positive and educational. I suggested a direction it could go in post #9, and we'd be looking at scripture (since this is the bible forum). I tried to dissect the Adam and Eve story a little bit by suggesting how it speaks to our human nature. Are there other biblical stories that speak to our human nature?
:)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Not unlike men get generalized, and in fact, many human groups get generalized every day of the week but it isn't supposed to annoy men, is it?

I'll be honest, a large proportion of today's women ARE like that, albeit so are a large number of men. Because society doesn't teach many people what respectable moral standards are concerning the opposite sex. But if that was me on the end of that, and it had been a woman talking about men, I'd not have got offended as if she was attacking me, because she's never met me so how could she be? And neither would I defend someone who picked apart what she was saying and reduced her outcry to a dialogue of disdain. I'd have told her what my personal behavior toward women was generally like so that she could see that every man isn't someone who'll treat her in a wayside-manner.

Why does it annoy women so much? Are we not allowed to do the same song and dance as 'all men are pigs'?
I don't know why it annoys women so much. I find this all rather amusing to be honest.
I don't know if you just want people to agree with you or what. It seems to don't appreciate if people disagree. This is your point of view, and that's fine. I won't argue.

All I can do is speak for myself. I have been seeing a guy since November. He treats me great. I treat him great. We argue at times, but talk through it. We don't hold grudges, and we don't put the other one down. He is there for me. I am there for him. So, pardon me if I do find humor in your posts. I know where you are coming from. I used to think men were worthless. Then I realized I was looking for the wrong thing. I find something great, and plan on holding on to it.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Actually, we can save this thread by turning it into something positive and educational. I suggested a direction it could go in post #9, and we'd be looking at scripture (since this is the bible forum). I tried to dissect the Adam and Eve story a little bit by suggesting how it speaks to our human nature. Are there other biblical stories that speak to our human nature?
:)
I like Proverbs 31. Gives a good description of how a Godly woman should be.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I hope someday you meet the right person for you. God bless.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I've been married for 32 years. Not all of it happy, but always based on our mutual knowledge that God had brought together. We have worked things out in an amazing way. We have 4 wonderful children and 2 grandchildren. I am blessed to have a husband who although we sometimes do not agree on the place of women, respects me and loves me for who God made me.

I think you have to view people as individuals created in the image of God. Men and women both sin. That is why Jesus died for us on the cross. When we draw close to Christ, there is neither male nor female. (Gal. 3:28). That means that God looks at our heart.

You do sound like you have been hurt by someone and I pray you will realize that this woman was not God's choice for you. So learn and move forward, and serve God with all your heart.

And don't blame Adam and Eve for getting hurt. They certainly brought sin, evil and death into this world. But we are responsible for our own actions and our relationship with God and others. Bitterness is something that God does not want to happen in our lives.

"See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;" Hebrews 12:15

And I pray you will learn, that God is a God of peace, and love. Really, he is the giver of everything, and focusing on the fruits of the Spirit, might be a better direction to go in, than bashing women, (or men!). Grow in God's truth.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,self-control; against such things there is no law." Gal.5:22-23