Women, Work, and Phones

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

FenceMan

Hello!

I could use some prayer for a situation at my job that I am not sure how to deal with exactly.

I have a co-worker with whom I share a room who is 100% a party-er and womanizer. Almost every day he's telling about his latest "adventures" and my Christian boss has overheard some of those conversations and has said nothing to him...

This co-worker knowingly breaks company rules regarding phone use in order to stay in touch with multiple women during the day and once so far has showed me a photo of some woman almost exposing herself by pulling down the top of her shirt. I haven't yet said anything about those things.

This guy is new and I've been at the company a year now. So technically I should certainly be in the position to report this, however I get the impression everyone thinks he's more responsible than I am because he is loud and very confident in himself. And he hides his rule-breaking carefully. On the other hand, I am quiet and prone to second-guessing myself. Plus, since it is just me and him in our department it will be very hard to report him because he will immediately know who it was that "tattled", thus ruining our work relationship... :\ I've already told my co-worker that I reported someone at a previous job and I could technically report him, too. But that did absolutely nothing.

To make matters worse, there is a delivery man who comes to pick up our packages in the evening and he usually takes his "lunch break" in our room while we finish up. Lately he has been bringing his phone with him to show photos of women to my co-worker. Today he tricked me into looking at a photo on his phone which was of a naked person laying on a bed... I laughed, but felt sick inside... :( I really only laughed because I didn't know how to respond.

I think my co-worker and this delivery man are intentionally trying to draw me into their lifestyle even though they know I am a Christian (or at least more moral than they are...). They more or less said as much. Meanwhile, my boss is either oblivious (which I doubt) or has decided to leave me alone in this battle (which is more likely).

So I'm not sure what to do. If my Christian boss doesn't help me out and address this (at the very least enforce the company rule) then reporting my co-worker or complaining about the delivery man seems pointless. Maybe he'd respond, but even if he did I might as well look for a new job because of the anger it would cause...

Please pray that God will act in this situation and remove me from these temptations and/or bring these things to my boss' attention if he isn't actually aware of what's going on. I don't want to see any more photos of naked people or sexual selfies! But I'm trapped in this room with this guy for 10 hours a day five days a week... :(

Thanks

Feb 28, 2016
Meanwhile, my boss is either oblivious (which I doubt) or has decided to leave me alone in this battle (which is more likely).

=====================================================

best worry about what your Saviour thinks and what He would expect of you,
and act accordingly...

plus, at your age, you should know better than to 'blame' anyone for your own voluntary actions...

heart-felt 'prayer' ALWAYS' will bring about some kind of change...

Last edited:

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God bless fenceman in this matter, let fenceman shine and glorify among co-workers. Lord please bless in Jesus loving name, Amen!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
What kind of job do you do, Fence?

F

FenceMan

Meanwhile, my boss is either oblivious (which I doubt) or has decided to leave me alone in this battle (which is more likely).

=====================================================

best worry about what your Saviour thinks and what He would expect of you,
and act accordingly...

plus, at your age, you should know better than to 'blame' anyone for your own voluntary actions...

heart-felt 'prayer' ALWAYS' will bring about some kind of change...
Um... I was more looking to a brother in Christ to give me a little support. Not blaming anyone!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Oldthennew IS a brother. When wifey isn't behind the keyboard. :cool: LOL

Um... I was more looking to a brother in Christ to give me a little support. Not blaming anyone!

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Look for another job.

F

FenceMan

Oldthennew IS a brother. When wifey isn't behind the keyboard. :cool: LOL
No, I mean I'm disappointed not to have gotten some support from my Christian boss who does seem to be at least partially aware of what's going on. Probably not all the details, but still...

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
An easy answer, but not necessarily the right one...
Do you expect them to change? The boss isn't interested in being the by boss. Maybe you should move on.

F

FenceMan

Do you expect them to change? The boss isn't interested in being the by boss. Maybe you should move on.
Well, I was asking for others here to pray with me that God might intercede and either cause my boss to address it without my having to report it, or that God will somehow keep the delivery man and my co-worker from engaging in this behavior at my workplace. It would be a miracle, but God does do miracles, so...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well, I was asking for others here to pray with me that God might intercede and either cause my boss to address it without my having to report it, or that God will somehow keep the delivery man and my co-worker from engaging in this behavior at my workplace. It would be a miracle, but God does do miracles, so...
Perhaps your boss isn't aware of his co-workers antics, especially on company time. I would report this person to your boss. I'm sure that he would keep your conversation confidential. Your co-worker's behavior is unacceptable and I would not be the least bit hesitant to report him.

Feb 28, 2016
yes Fence,

but 'we always' have to do what Christ expects of us, and apparently, somebody,
including your 'boss' isn't doing 'their part'...also, wouldn't be so quick to call your
'boss a christian', according to what you have stated his actions have been...
GBY, and may your heart hear and comprehend what the 'right' thing to do is...

F

FenceMan

Perhaps your boss isn't aware of his co-workers antics, especially on company time. I would report this person to your boss. I'm sure that he would keep your conversation confidential. Your co-worker's behavior is unacceptable and I would not be the least bit hesitant to report him.
And I wouldn't hesitate to do so, except I'm the only one who works in the same room with this guy. And having already told this guy about how I reported someone at a previous job, it will be easier than 2+2 to figure out it was me...

Maybe I shouldn't worry about that, though.

Feb 28, 2016
========================================================

F

FenceMan

yes Fence,

but 'we always' have to do what Christ expects of us, and apparently, somebody,
including your 'boss' isn't doing 'their part'...also, wouldn't be so quick to call your
'boss a christian', according to what you have stated his actions have been...
GBY, and may your heart hear and comprehend what the 'right' thing to do is...
Thanks, OTN!

I'm a little confused by the first part of your post, though. Do you mean I am also not doing what Christ expects of me and not doing my part? Looking at those two pictures wasn't at all intentional. The first time I had no warning at all and just had a phone shoved in my face and the second time the delivery man thought something was funny and asked if I wanted to see it and it turned out to just be a naked person...

As far as my boss, you're right I can't truly know his heart. We've talked about our shared faith a little and sometimes it seems like everything points to it being true of him, but other times I wonder...

F

FenceMan

As an update to this prayer request, today I believe the same general things went on between my coworker and the delivery man, but I found a task to do which kept me blissfully just out of earshot of their conversations and their iconolagny.

So today was an answer to prayer. We'll see how it goes on Monday, but thanks everyone!