Words to an Athiest

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godschild03

What words would you suggest to an athiest to lead him to the LORD?

U

Ugly

There are no set pat phrases, concepts or words to lead anyone to God. Each person has their own requirements and needs. Live out your faith, because in the long run your witness is not going to be shooting down all his questions and misconceptions, its going to be much deeper than that.
Also, this is the section for new users to introduce themselves, you may be better off asking questions like this under another section of the forum more suited to the types of questions.

G

Godschild03

I don't know how to use this site just yet...I wanted to post this through my profile but can't figure out how to do it so I went to the chat members cause I just signed up yesterday....Sorry

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
It's no problem, Chris (I hope that I'm remembering your name correctly) :). If you post the question in the misc. section, you may get more answers, though. I'll try to post something later myself. Also, you can type the word "atheist" into the "search" box at the top of the page, and some of the threads will be about witnessing to atheists.

Last edited:
G

Godschild03

Thanks again Jill....You are awesome

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Well, I KNOW Someone Who's awesome.......I'll give all the credit to Jesus :).

P

Psalm_97

The best way to NOT start off is, "Hello, you're going to hell if you don't repent." While that sounds silly, I've seen a lot of christians start off with that attitude, if not those particular words.

In other words, remember first that Jesus built this church on love, not getting right. Getting right comes from a love for God, and as a response to God's love to you.

In other, other words, the best way to argue with an atheist is to not argue with him. If you start out by trying to persuade him, you have already lost.

T

Thomas

The best (usually only way) to get to an athiest is to present facts to them; if you want to win them over you must make them realize there is more proof for a divine being than there is for the periodic table for example.

B

Brandon777

The gospel. It consists of telling the person the story of Jesus life without offence to God, death and awakening from death to life. The rest is up to God and that person if they want to hear more. The Bible also says to be kind and gentle when giving the gospel--hospitible and friendly.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hello welcome to Christian Chat
God Bless,