World Population: 8 BN. Christians 2.5 BN. "Most imp. decade in history of Great Commission".

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2021
India
Dear Friends, recently, the world population touched 8 BN. Of these, about 2.5 BN are Christians. That means, some 5.5 BN people are outside the Kingdom, and in desperate need of Salvation. What's the best way Christians can work together to reach them before it's too late? Thoughts? Sources/links below:

"The world population on Nov. 15, 2022—an estimated 8 billion people—included 2.5 billion Christians. The remaining 5.48 billion people, sadly, have either never heard the gospel or they’ve rejected Jesus as Savior and Lord.

Equally tragic, every three seconds only two of the six people who die are saved by trusting in Jesus.

Can anybody reach lost souls before it’s too late?

Motivated by a passionate relationship with Jesus that’s grown over four decades, one evangelist is laboring to bring in the harvest one soul at a time, and he believes everybody can and should share the Good News of Jesus with lost people.

A street preacher from the time he was saved, Bob Gabelman has shared the good news of Jesus 20,000 times and taught at 70 conferences on soul-winning since 1996. A full-time missionary and teacher intent on raising up fellow laborers in the harvest, Gabelman trains students in evangelism and leads mission trips with a ministry that reached 1 million souls and distributed the same number of Bibles between 1992 and 2016.

Over a 10-year period, Gabelman alone distributed 12,000 of his “I.O.U. Love” ministry cards in Colorado, his home for many years. Inspiration for his cards comes from Romans 13:8: “Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.” ..." https://charismamag.com/spriritled-living/street-preacher-tends-to-the-harvest-one-soul-at-a-time/

2033, which is the 2000th Anniversary of Our Lord Jesus Christ's Crucifixion and Glorious Resurrection, is set as a Great Commission Target for reaching a Billion Souls by then - so 3.5 BN - by many Churches. Example below.

"
Dr. Billy Wilson and Dr. Rick Warren hold ‘2033 Leaders Consultation’

NEW YORK — More than two dozen ministry leaders of significant global networks convened Dec. 5-6 in New York City to combine their experience and insights toward the goal of Great Commission fulfillment within the next decade.

Hosted by Dr. Billy Wilson, Oral Roberts University President, Pentecostal World Fellowship Chair and Empowered21 Global Chair, and Dr. Rick Warren, Executive Director of Finishing the Task and Founding Pastor of Saddleback Church, the event brought the leaders representing significant denominations, para-church networks and evangelistic ministries from around the world together for prayer, connection and collaboration.

“I believe we are entering the most important decade of Great Commission effort in the history of the church,” shared Dr. Wilson. “Numerous 2033 initiatives were represented in this consultation and it was a joy to witness our shared passion and unity across the diversity of the body of Christ. The next decade is going to be amazing as we push together toward providing everyone on planet earth the opportunity to know Jesus as their savior.”

The two-day meeting ended with the development of a commitment document agreeing to significant efforts over the next decade, including collaborating with one another, praying for the salvation of others, mobilizing followers of Jesus to join in the efforts, investing increased resources for evangelism and going with the good news to the ends of the earth.

“In our polarized world, it’s easy to erect walls and go it alone with just your own tribe,” noted Warren. “It takes courage to build bridges to others who love Jesus but don’t believe or practice the faith in the same way you do. On Dec. 5, as I listened and watched a small group of 24 influential Christian leaders, representing a wide spectrum of the Body of Christ, step out of their comfort zones in order to begin collaborating to complete the Great Commission, I sensed that God was smiling from Heaven. He had found a group of people willing to be an answer to Jesus’ prayer for the unity of His church that He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before He was crucified.”

The group plans to convene again at , a three-day conference and one-day stadium event hosted by Empowered21 on June 21-24, 2023 at Amsterdam RAI & Olympic Stadium. The international event will feature influential leaders and powerful speakers to launch a decade of unprecedented evangelism to get the gospel to every person on earth by 2033. For more information, visit amsterdam2023.com.

Represented Organizations

The following organizations and ministries were represented at the Dec. 5-6 event:

• Brian Alarid, America Prays & World Prays
  • Doug Beacham, International Pentecostal Holiness Church
  • Keith Boyette, Global Methodist Church
  • Henry Cappello, Global 2033
  • Samuel Chiang, World Evangelical Alliance
  • Doug Clay, Assemblies of God
  • Dick Eastman, Every Home for Christ
  • Oliver Fleury, Jesus Celebration 2033
  • Mart Green, Hobby Lobby
  • Bobby Gruenewald, YouVersion
  • Tim Harlow, National Association of Christian Churches
  • Alan Hawkins, Anglican Church in North America
  • Rob Hoskins, OneHope
  • James Hwang, Billion Soul Harvest
  • Young Cho, Billion Soul Harvest
  • Everton Jackson, Baptist World Alliance
  • Werner Nachtigal, GO Movement
  • Michael Oh, Lausanne Movement
  • Nick Perryman, Alpha
  • Thomas Schirrmacher, World Evangelical Alliance
  • Rick Warren, Finishing the Task
  • David Wells, Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
  • Michael White, Rebuilt Parish / Church of the Nativity
  • Billy Wilson, ORU and Empowered21
  • Caleb Wehrli, Empowered21
  • Ashley Wilson, Empowered21
Participating Leader Quotes

“After our meeting, the World Evangelical Alliance is even more committed to ‘2033.’ It was a great meeting of collaboration, planning and global leaders becoming friends for the gospel’s sake.” — Thomas Schirrmacher, Secretary General, World Evangelical Alliance

“The rising global generation is perhaps the most cause-oriented generation in the history of the world. This call and clear statement from the leadership of the global Church to reach everyone in the world with the love, truth and power of Jesus is going to be incredibly appealing for a decade of unprecedented evangelism.” — Rob Hoskins, President, OneHope

“It’s inspiring and exciting to be part of a coalition across global Christianity focusing on global evangelism by the year 2033. The spirit of prayer and unity is palpable.” — Doug Beacham, Superintendent, International Pentecostal Holiness Church

“I was inspired and envisioned by the unity amongst all Christian leaders and the commitment to engage and collaborate to finish the task of the Great Commission. This is the beginning of a new era, with an incredible momentum, through which every person can be reached with the Gospel message.” — Henry Cappello, International Director, Global 2033

“Imagine that we live in a time when it is possible to reach the whole world with the Gospel. We’re excited to call the Church to join us for this incredible decade of evangelism.” — Werner Nachtigal, Founder, GO Movement

“What an amazing privilege to meet with global leaders passionate about accelerating the fulfillment of the Great Commission. We have a unique opportunity to unite across the Christian church to ensure that every person hears and has an opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel of Jesus Christ” — Keith Boyette, Connectional Officer, Global Methodist Church

“What a historic meeting of like-minded Global leaders gathered around Jesus for the biggest push ever for the Great Commission. The Ecclesia has the best Good News ever told. And this broken world desperately needs hope at a geo-politic level and transformation at a personal level. A powerful united Global Momentum has begun.”
— Olivier Fleury, Founder and President, JC2033

“The call towards collaboration of the body of Christ to reach 8 billion is an exciting and encouraging opportunity for the Global Church. This is a crucial, historic, unprecedented work of God.” — Bishop Alan Hawkins, Chief Operating Officer, The Anglican Church in North America.

About Empowered21
Empowered21 is a global Spirit-filled movement working to connect the generations for blessing, impartation and a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the 21st century. Its U.S. office is on the campus of Oral Roberts University, of which Empowered21 Global Chair Dr. Billy Wilson is president. To learn more, visit empowered21.com.

###

Media Contact:
Heidi McDow,
A. Larry Ross Communications
[email protected]
972-267-1111"

https://religionnews.com/2022/12/08...e-on-fulfilling-the-great-commission-by-2033/

Thoughts?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Dear Friends, recently, the world population touched 8 BN. Of these, about 2.5 BN are Christians. That means, some 5.5 BN people are outside the Kingdom, and in desperate need of Salvation. What's the best way Christians can work together to reach them before it's too late? Thoughts?
About 21 months ago I started my blog, I did it to dive into the word of God and I thought there might be another ten people who would also read it. When I had ten others I thought if every Christian did this we could reach 8 billion. But then I got to 100 and I figured 90% was "preaching to the choir" but still that meant I was possibly reaching 10 unbelievers as well. When I got to 1,000 I figured that to be more realistic you would not expect all Christians to be speaking but even if half did we could reach the whole world. I am now at 144,000 on my blog with about 400 new people a day. My point is if we can all just be witnesses it will be incredibly powerful, whether it is to 10, or 100, or 1,000 or even 100,000.

Second, I used to attend a large church with about 1,000 attendees on average. They would have a big Christmas play designed to preach the gospel. Probably 100 people were involved. The choir alone was over 50 people when you include the band and the dance ministry. They would have many rehearsals so they must have put in about 20 hours per person to prepare for this. Then after the play they would have an altar call. Also during the play they would ask first time attendees to stand up. Over 20 years I would estimate a total of 200 first time visitors. I do not know of anyone who actually came into the church through those plays. Now compare that with the other day when I and one other brother went to a food giveaway and for three hours passed out 400 english bibles and 9 spanish. We talked to many more people in addition to that concerning the Lord. I'm not saying the play was a complete waste of time, but if you want to look at effective witnessing I would put it at the bottom and simply talking to people one on one is by far the most effective.

The goal should not be numbers, but rather connections. When I was in college I was in a group of about three or four brothers and we talked to people everyday especially at lunch. After three years everyone on that campus knew who we were and the gospel was the focus of the entire campus.

I read that when Watchman Nee was in high school there were several brothers and they prayed over every kid in their high school and ultimately every single one received the Lord though the last few did so after graduating high school.

It is amazing how many people you can reach if you faithfully take your responsibility to witness every day. These big meetings to a thousand people do not have the same impact as talking to people one on one.

On the other hand there is Mister Roger's neighborhood. This brother decided his ministry would be to kids using TV. His show focused on "loving your neighbor as yourself". That was the focus of every episode. Eventually his ministry touched millions and it had nothing to do with CGI, or expensive production or expensive actors or any of that. The production was as low budget as any church could afford.

Nov 26, 2021
India
About 21 months ago I started my blog, I did it to dive into the word of God and I thought there might be another ten people who would also read it. When I had ten others I thought if every Christian did this we could reach 8 billion. But then I got to 100 and I figured 90% was "preaching to the choir" but still that meant I was possibly reaching 10 unbelievers as well. When I got to 1,000 I figured that to be more realistic you would not expect all Christians to be speaking but even if half did we could reach the whole world. I am now at 144,000 on my blog with about 400 new people a day. My point is if we can all just be witnesses it will be incredibly powerful, whether it is to 10, or 100, or 1,000 or even 100,000.

Second, I used to attend a large church with about 1,000 attendees on average. They would have a big Christmas play designed to preach the gospel. Probably 100 people were involved. The choir alone was over 50 people when you include the band and the dance ministry. They would have many rehearsals so they must have put in about 20 hours per person to prepare for this. Then after the play they would have an altar call. Also during the play they would ask first time attendees to stand up. Over 20 years I would estimate a total of 200 first time visitors. I do not know of anyone who actually came into the church through those plays. Now compare that with the other day when I and one other brother went to a food giveaway and for three hours passed out 400 english bibles and 9 spanish. We talked to many more people in addition to that concerning the Lord. I'm not saying the play was a complete waste of time, but if you want to look at effective witnessing I would put it at the bottom and simply talking to people one on one is by far the most effective.

The goal should not be numbers, but rather connections. When I was in college I was in a group of about three or four brothers and we talked to people everyday especially at lunch. After three years everyone on that campus knew who we were and the gospel was the focus of the entire campus.

I read that when Watchman Nee was in high school there were several brothers and they prayed over every kid in their high school and ultimately every single one received the Lord though the last few did so after graduating high school.

It is amazing how many people you can reach if you faithfully take your responsibility to witness every day. These big meetings to a thousand people do not have the same impact as talking to people one on one.

On the other hand there is Mister Roger's neighborhood. This brother decided his ministry would be to kids using TV. His show focused on "loving your neighbor as yourself". That was the focus of every episode. Eventually his ministry touched millions and it had nothing to do with CGI, or expensive production or expensive actors or any of that. The production was as low budget as any church could afford.
Hi ZNP. Agreed. Let's say of the world's 2.5 BN Christians only 10% i.e. 250 MN are interested in Evangelism. If each of us, then, reached just about 33 people, in the next 10 years even, 8 BN would be reached by 2033. There are so many people on Earth now that it is not possible for one Pastor or one person or even one ministry to reach them all. Some do great work, and that is to be appreciated and commended. Happy to know about your blog, your outreach and your ministry. Well done. I also do outreach, mostly to Hindus and Muslims here in India, and sometimes to ex-Christians/Atheists.

I like CFAN ministry of Bonnke and Kolenda. They are reaching a lot in Africa, I believe, which once was considered so difficult for Missionaries. Today, probably ex-Christian Europe would be considered one of the hardest places, though there still are some Good Christians and ministries there. I like the idea of collaborating and working together to reach Maximum Souls over the Next Decade. With technology, youtube, mass media, blogs, websites etc, there are many ways to reach souls in this 21st Century. We have to get Christ's Message out there and give many people a chance to be Saved.

God Bless.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thats interesting about the dance ministry...
I know performing arts schools that do that but thing is its a show and people arent converted by shows or showing off...they need the gospel

Soemtimes its literally handing out Bibles..or current,y, the Christmas story which is all about Jesus birth. We have a huge day dedicated to Him that anyone who wants to can join in and celebrate. Why not use this as outreach.

City mission free meals, those samaritan purse christmas shoe boxes, etc..lets get into the spirit, and pray pray pray. Everyone loves receiving gifts....how bout the greatest gift of all? ...Salvation

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
thats interesting about the dance ministry...
I know performing arts schools that do that but thing is its a show and people arent converted by shows or showing off...they need the gospel

Soemtimes its literally handing out Bibles..or current,y, the Christmas story which is all about Jesus birth. We have a huge day dedicated to Him that anyone who wants to can join in and celebrate. Why not use this as outreach.

City mission free meals, those samaritan purse christmas shoe boxes, etc..lets get into the spirit, and pray pray pray. Everyone loves receiving gifts....how bout the greatest gift of all? ...Salvation
Yes, I think the benefit is not in evangelism but in worship. It is a ministry and the saints are all edified by it. My wife was in the dance ministry and it was a very positive experience, just as the choir, the band and all the other services in the church.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world

Nov 26, 2021
India
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world
But not the Largest Religion, which is still Christianity at 2.5 BN. Islam is less than 2 BN. Source: "According to an estimation in 2022, Islam has 1.97 billion adherents, making up about 25% of the world population." Wiki.

But yes, Islam is Christianity's main challenge worldwide, and of the 360 MN Christians worldwide who suffer persecution, about 70% of the top 50 worst persecuting countries are Muslim/Islamic, which is pathetic.

Sources: "360+ million Christians share our faith—but not our freedom

Around the world, more than 360 million Christians like Mina, Joseph and Malihe share our faith in Christ—with no freedom to worship Him." https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/stories/360-million-christians-faith-not-freedom/

"The 50 Countries Where It’s Most Dangerous to Follow Jesus in 2021
Latest report on Christian persecution finds 3 in 4 martyrs are in Nigeria, ranked among 10 worst persecutors for first time.

"34 have Islam as a main religion"

https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...ion-2021-countries-open-doors-watch-list.html

I believe this Next Decade will see over a 100 MN Muslims come to Christ as part of the aimed for Billion Soul Harvest.

We will see how things stand in 2033. For now, here is a report from some year, 6 MN Muslims turn to Christ in Africa every year.

"In December 2001, Sheikh Ahmad al Qataani, a leading Saudi cleric, appeared on a live interview on Al-Jazeera satellite television to confirm that, sure enough, Muslims were turning to Jesus in alarming numbers. “In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity,” Al Qataani warned. “Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.”

Stunned, the interviewer interrupted the cleric. “Hold on! Let me clarify. Do we have six million converting from Islam to Christianity?” Al Qataani repeated his assertion. “Every year,” the cleric confirmed, adding, “a tragedy has happened.”

https://www.newageislam.com/interfa...-christianity-africa-alone-each-year/d/107965

All Christian Denominations should stand united to end this Persecution of 360 MN Christians, roughly 70% of which Islamism is responsible for. And the best way to do that is by Evangelism. If we do not Evangelize, we will be Terrorized.

God Bless.