Worldwide idol statues mocking God.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Galahad

But painted items commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we paint, are we the better; neither, if we paint not, are we the worse.

It's not a matter of personal taste, but what is painted, created. Some of the painted bulls are certainly gross. Should be ground into dust, the gold bull being paraded being one of them.

Others are just fine.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
But painted items commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we paint, are we the better; neither, if we paint not, are we the worse.

It's not a matter of personal taste, but what is painted, created. Some of the painted bulls are certainly gross. Should be ground into dust, the gold bull being paraded being one of them.

Others are just fine.
I think you misperceived my message, brother. I kinda knew many would misunderstand me, and didnt even want to publish this message, but God was striving with me and the Spirit weighed heavy on my conscience until I did. I'm not cut out to explain things - it usually takes me a while to explain what I'm trying to say. I'll give a try once more.

I am not saying at all that anyone just making some figure and painting it artistically, no matter what on the figure, is necessarily commiting idolatry. Nor that a Christian who has taken part in this manifestation is an idolater. If their heart was in proper place, they certainly are not. Sin proceeds from the heart, and my message is not contrary to the Scripture you posted. I have just been given a discernment regarding this manifestation for some reason, that there is spirit of idolatry involved with the manifestation and some other statues out there (which might come from the rebellion of the people who set up or originated these works), and that the Spirit is being provoked to anger.

Furthermore, I've been led to post, and discuss with brothers and sisters, rather than on this particular issue, the issue it really led me to, and that is proper spiritual warfare against manifestation of demonic in localities and objects, and understanding this manifestation better from Biblical and Christian viewpoint so we could be used by the Holy Spirit in this area. Any of the Brethren interested to engage in conversation and share their insights, please read this post, the purple text below. I know it's a little longer post, but just couldnt cut it shorter...

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
For kedge and other non-believing members, you are kindly asked and encouraged to make your own threads in Bible Discussion forum if you have questions and want to discuss side issues. This message is obviously directed to the body of Christ as it engages people in prayer, so if you are not a believer, it really does not engage you. Although you're welcome to inform yourselves. But I would really like this thread to stay on topic. You may post a link here to the new thread that this thread inspired you to discuss about, if you open it, so people can go there. Thank you.
I will try to move this thread into Miscellaneous, I believe it will suit better there. God bless.

G

Galahad

I think you misperceived my message, brother. I kinda knew many would misunderstand me, and didnt even want to publish this message, but God was striving with me and the Spirit weighed heavy on my conscience until I did. I'm not cut out to explain things - it usually takes me a while to explain what I'm trying to say. I'll give a try once more.

I am not saying at all that anyone just making some figure and painting it artistically, no matter what on the figure, is necessarily commiting idolatry. Nor that a Christian who has taken part in this manifestation is an idolater. If their heart was in proper place, they certainly are not. Sin proceeds from the heart, and my message is not contrary to the Scripture you posted. I have just been given a discernment regarding this manifestation for some reason, that there is spirit of idolatry involved with the manifestation and some other statues out there (which might come from the rebellion of the people who set up or originated these works), and that the Spirit is being provoked to anger.

Furthermore, I've been led to post, and discuss with brothers and sisters, rather than on this particular issue, the issue it really led me to, and that is proper spiritual warfare against manifestation of demonic in localities and objects, and understanding this manifestation better from Biblical and Christian viewpoint so we could be used by the Holy Spirit in this area. Any of the Brethren interested to engage in conversation and share their insights, please read this post, the purple text below. I know it's a little longer post, but just couldnt cut it shorter...
SoulWeaver,
I agreed with some of your conclusions on the video. In particular, I believe that golden bull was a backhanded slap against God.

And of course a number of the works were formed from hearts full of corruption.

But I also found some of the works to be simple, presentable works.

As for your sensing of idolatry wrapped up in and around the bulls from their creators, perhaps you are getting that from the amount of attention, money, time, popularity, praise, and so on that is given and spent on those man made objects. I don't know.

Not everyone who paints or decorates an image of a bull is engaging in idolatry. As you know, the heart of the creator determines that.

Well, I thank you for your reply. It takes me a long time as well to express my thoughts. I admire your strength in your belief.