Would you date a non-christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

WomanofGod

I have a friend who I have known for a few years and work in the same hotel as me but different dept.He had always told me that he like me but I ignore him or always smile and tell him I don't like him especially the fact that I am saved and he is not. For the last year we have had to work together on a few things every other day and he still tells me he like me. Now recently I have been having feelings for him. He always makes me laugh and smile. I have been wanting to give him a short kiss. What are your thoughts on this?

C

Coach

Be straight forward with him. Let him know you are a child of God, if he runs well...... there you go. But if he stays God can use you to bring the young man to him. :)

W

WomanofGod

Be straight forward with him. Let him know you are a child of God, if he runs well...... there you go. But if he stays God can use you to bring the young man to him. :)
Hey coach yeah i did that and I always tell him I love God and spoke to him about heaven and hell and so forth. He is always interested in hearing about that kinda stuffs but hasn't given his life over yet...I told him to come visit my church jokingly but he hasnt done that yet either. He goes to anglican church while I am a protestant. Thanks

R

rauleetoe

I would seriously pray, and wait...and if anything confide in a female christian friend. One who may be stronger in God than you are..they will keep you accountable. Myself, i do feel that my dating non christians, while they were fun..while they were less stuffy than many of their church going bible believing counterparts..caused me more heartache than it was worth. I too was smitten, I too wanted to make it ok, or say..hey she's cooler than most christian girls i have met. While that was all true and very evident, she didn't have Jesus. So no matter how fun, how pretty..how exciting and awesome of a person she was, she didn't have jesus..didn't want Jesus..and ended up breaking up with me. And I was furious for a short while..now i am glad she did. I wish she would have honestly ignored me from the get go. But i learned a lot from the situation. As a neighbor in Christ, i will not spare you the truth..dating a non christian will be nothing but a distraction and a heartache. I say this with love and with very recent experience in this department. I'd rather be alone for a little while longer, or even a longer while longer if it takes that..than comprimise again. Even those who say they follow Jesus, you don't know where they're at. So many don't even have a biblical worldview! Trust me, i met a gal recently who i thought was all about Jesus, and she's like, "I know that the bible speaks against homosexuality, but how could God turn his back on me for simply loving someone'?
Mind you I had thought i met the most amazing christian gal. She is still a great person, but very confused and with a very unbiblical worldview. I say this in a non judgemental manner. But being honest...She's not the person she marketed herself to be. And neither is anyone who goes to church,works at a church..has a wwjd bracelet or Jesus shirt on. These things take time to find out, and one truly needs discernment on the matter. Because these times are evil.

J

Jullianna

Missionary dating is not a good idea.

W

WomanofGod

I would seriously pray, and wait...and if anything confide in a female christian friend. One who may be stronger in God than you are..they will keep you accountable. Myself, i do feel that my dating non christians, while they were fun..while they were less stuffy than many of their church going bible believing counterparts..caused me more heartache than it was worth. I too was smitten, I too wanted to make it ok, or say..hey she's cooler than most christian girls i have met. While that was all true and very evident, she didn't have Jesus. So no matter how fun, how pretty..how exciting and awesome of a person she was, she didn't have jesus..didn't want Jesus..and ended up breaking up with me. And I was furious for a short while..now i am glad she did. I wish she would have honestly ignored me from the get go. But i learned a lot from the situation. As a neighbor in Christ, i will not spare you the truth..dating a non christian will be nothing but a distraction and a heartache. I say this with love and with very recent experience in this department. I'd rather be alone for a little while longer, or even a longer while longer if it takes that..than comprimise again. Even those who say they follow Jesus, you don't know where they're at. So many don't even have a biblical worldview! Trust me, i met a gal recently who i thought was all about Jesus, and she's like, "I know that the bible speaks against homosexuality, but how could God turn his back on me for simply loving someone'?
Mind you I had thought i met the most amazing christian gal. She is still a great person, but very confused and with a very unbiblical worldview. I say this in a non judgemental manner. But being honest...She's not the person she marketed herself to be. And neither is anyone who goes to church,works at a church..has a wwjd bracelet or Jesus shirt on. These things take time to find out, and one truly needs discernment on the matter. Because these times are evil.

Thanks for sharing

W

WomanofGod

Thanks I got your on this

G

GuyforChrist85

I'd HIGHLY recommend to not persue a romantic relationship with this guy. If you can be friends with him first and get him into Church then who knows?

If you get your emotions involved, then you might end up getting hurt if he never changes. You cannot change a person, only God and that person themself can.

W

WomanofGod

I'd HIGHLY recommend to not persue a romantic relationship with this guy. If you can be friends with him first and get him into Church then who knows?

If you get your emotions involved, then you might end up getting hurt if he never changes. You cannot change a person, only God and that person themself can.
Thanks for the advice. I won't persue. Iwill continue to be strong and not let my feelings take over.

S

surrender2God

I would not give my heart to a man who has not given his heart to Jesus first.

C

chatnoir

If I were you, I definitely won't do that.
Been there, done that, got hurt tremendously. In fact, even if he's a Christian, if he doesn't love Jesus, you'll get hurt too. I know it's hard when you've feelings for someone. Only the one who loves Jesus deserves your love, don't you think? Pray for you.

W

WomanofGod

If I were you, I definitely won't do that.
Been there, done that, got hurt tremendously. In fact, even if he's a Christian, if he doesn't love Jesus, you'll get hurt too. I know it's hard when you've feelings for someone. Only the one who loves Jesus deserves your love, don't you think? Pray for you.
Thanks yes I agree.