Would you date yourself?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dont get the question then
This is where I would usually take a crack at explaining... But I can't explain it any better than Sub already has.

Shoot, I'll try anyway.

Imagine a gender-swapped version of you. Would you date that person? Is that somebody you could recommend as a date for a good friend? Why or why not?

If the answer is "No, that person would be undateable" then what would you recommend to fix that person's flaws? If the answer is "Yeah that person would make a good date" then how do you effectively advertise that person's sterling attributes to potential dates?

Apr 13, 2024
Kansas
It might sound silly, but really think about it.

You know all your strengths, weaknesses and you know what really goes on in your own mind. It's you but another person, if that makes sense...
Knowing all that would you date yourself?
Would you enjoy spending time with yourself? (if it was another being of course)
Would you trust this other you?

Let's have a discussion about this topic, what is everyone's thoughts?
Absolutely not! She's crazy! And another thing...she's a hot mess!

Apr 11, 2024
Given all I know about my truly messed-up history, I'd be pretty skeptical if I was a woman, approached by another like me. That's why I'm truly grateful, for the basic idea that "opposites attract". I want a wife who loves, trusts, and places her ultimate faith in God and Jesus Christ, just like I do. Beyond that, we don't have to agree on everything - that's what learning grace is all about.

Aug 13, 2017
It might sound silly, but really think about it.

You know all your strengths, weaknesses and you know what really goes on in your own mind. It's you but another person, if that makes sense...
Knowing all that would you date yourself?
Would you enjoy spending time with yourself? (if it was another being of course)
Would you trust this other you?

Let's have a discussion about this topic, what is everyone's thoughts?
WOW that is profound. I really have to think about that one.