Would you have passed? Australia forces Christian asylum seeker to undergo bible quiz

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Australian tribunal forces Christian asylum seeker to undergo 'unusually difficult' Bible quiz - Telegraph

Im not sure what is the most disturbing about this.

the comments that it was suppose to be a hard test - I didn't think it was but
try it yourself and see;

or the fact that wrong answers were suppose to mean the woman wasn't
genuine, while correct answers were suppose to show they had been
rehearsed

or the fact that they thought they could test genuine Christianity with
a series of bible questions.

Wow I don't know whose idea it was to give the woman a bible quiz but presumably
that person themselves wasn't a Christian either.

Jan 25, 2015
Re: Would you have passed? Australia forces Christian asylum seeker to undergo bible

Maybe they tried to test her English comprehension?

V

Viligant_Warrior

It's good the high court ruled against the use of that test. If a Zulu tribeman sought asylum for religious reasons, would they give him an extensive test on his ancestors? Or if the woman had been Nestorian, would they have expected her to explain the equal division of the human and Divine spirits in Christ in which she would espouse belief?

This is nothing more than religious persecution of a different type, and it proves the point of the American founders who forbade government declaration of a "state church." The last think the Gospel needs is a bureaucratic gnome overseeing its content.

M

Miri

It's good the high court ruled against the use of that test. If a Zulu tribeman sought asylum for religious reasons, would they give him an extensive test on his ancestors? Or if the woman had been Nestorian, would they have expected her to explain the equal division of the human and Divine spirits in Christ in which she would espouse belief?

This is nothing more than religious persecution of a different type, and it proves the point of the American founders who forbade government declaration of a "state church." The last think the Gospel needs is a bureaucratic gnome overseeing its content.
I agree absolutely.

It did make me think though that times are coming when it really will be necessary for
true Christians to nail their colours to the mast, also that head knowledge does not equate to
heart knowledge.

Ps I haven't a clue what Nestorian is, it sounds like something old!

V

Viligant_Warrior

Ps I haven't a clue what Nestorian is, it sounds like something old!
Good guess, Miri.

Nestorianism is a form of Christianity, but espouses a Christological doctrine that emphasizes the disunion between the human and Divine natures of Jesus. It was advanced by Nestorius (386–450), who was Patriarch of Constantinople from 428–431. It isn't actually his original concept, either, but he was influenced by the studies he undertook from Theodore of Mopsuestia at the School of Antioch.

We don't believe there is disunion in the human and Divine natures of Christ. We believe He is fully God and fully man, in hypostatic union, the union of Christ's humanity and Divinity in one hypostasis, or individual existence.

M

Miri

Good guess, Miri.

Nestorianism is a form of Christianity, but espouses a Christological doctrine that emphasizes the disunion between the human and Divine natures of Jesus. It was advanced by Nestorius (386–450), who was Patriarch of Constantinople from 428–431. It isn't actually his original concept, either, but he was influenced by the studies he undertook from Theodore of Mopsuestia at the School of Antioch.

We don't believe there is disunion in the human and Divine natures of Christ. We believe He is fully God and fully man, in hypostatic union, the union of Christ's humanity and Divinity in one hypostasis, or individual existence.

Aw well sounds like you would have passed the test - I'm afraid my divinity doctorate is
non existant.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Aw well sounds like you would have passed the test - I'm afraid my divinity doctorate is
non existant.
I'm sure you know exactly what you have to know, and as you have to know more, you will discover it. That's the great thing about Jesus -- He gives us what we need, and not before we need it.

Dec 18, 2013
Re: Would you have passed? Australia forces Christian asylum seeker to undergo bible

The thing with this story that leaves me wondering is what has happened to the woman? Is she still in Australia?

May Jesus help her and be her refuge wherever she may presently be.

V

Viligant_Warrior

The thing with this story that leaves me wondering is what has happened to the woman? Is she still in Australia?

May Jesus help her and be her refuge wherever she may presently be.
Since she sued in the Australian courts, seems pretty obvious she's still there. Probably passed the test, too. Just resented having to "prove" her Christianity.