wrong to wish I was dead?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 13, 2012
I'm not going to do anything to hurt myself, so don't worry, only God can make a decision like that, but just wishing something would happen to me, so I would be gone, I am worthless now, no job, no way to take care of my wife, can't drive my truck, can't pay my bills, can't even put food in the house, all I am is taking up space and being a burden to my wife, at least with the insurance she would have something, I'm certainly not worth anything alive, I just feel like a waste of space. We are going to lose everything and I cant do anything about it, at least when I was working I was contributing something, now nothing

W

wantstogiveup

You are a blessed and highly favored child of the one true God! I had to learn to speak to my problems not about them. We weren't made to survive, we were made to thrive. Don't listen the lies the devil is throwing at you. Lift up your head, square your shoulders and fight with everything you have! The bible says to seek FIRST the kingdom of God and THEN all these things will be added to you. Including finances. The bible doesn't say figure it out it says Trust God. Your not worthless and you CAN get through this.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse.

:)

you're not alone!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You and your wife remain in my prayers in Jesus's name.

God bless
pickles

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
if you have the faith of a grain, it will do wonders, please have faith in the Lord,He will lift you up. i pray that God take care of everything, and be glorified in your life, as He provided, bread to Elijah, with the help of a crow in the drought season, so let the Lord , provide you help during this time , Amen

W

wwjd_kilden

I think it is human to feel that way sometimes. Even John wanted to die (but realized there were people who needed him).
Try doing voluntary work until you get a new job. It will make you feel better, it will help others, and potential employers will see you did something while not having a regular job

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
:rolleyes: The author of this thread has been banned and is no longer a member here!!

W

wwjd_kilden

but he can still read our posts (if you log out and enter the forums, you'll see) :)

Caduceus

Apr 10, 2013
Is that how you look at it or how your wife looks at it? I'm guessing that she doesn't see it that way. Don't be so hard on yourself it won't change anything and making your self depressed will make it harder not easier to find work.

K

kittycat7

Lord, give this man a fresh new revelation of your love for him Father God: let him know that he is your beloved, and that he is wonderfully made, and is loved by you. Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

J

jb800m

lord even though this chatter is banned i still lift him up to you only YOu father truly know his heart and his pain and his intentions, i speak that you will met with him and give him a new experience with you father.. i pray this in your mighty name amen

B

bluebirdchaser

I'm praying for you too (if you can still read this forum). I'll tell you this much, you are more than how much you produce, and you are not worthless because a problem has gone out of your control. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, butt I will say it's natural to just want the pain to stop and to just get out, of course it is. Across the Bible you see people that wish they were dead when everything's overwhelming. I know I've thought "I want to die" before. But God says that those people will be blessed. He is going to take you in his hand and bring your through this. Promise. Hang in there wherever you are!

T

Tera

God is with u, never listen to satin.. He is here to destroy us! Pray n god will lift u up