Y is God mean to me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

Yuan

I am writing here cuz i believe my people can dig me better. .. I dunno y God is being so mean to me... I am struggling to get a job... but tis jus not happening.. i've been a trainee for more than a year and there is so much politics hppning at my work place.. though i hv my bro in a gud position,nothing is hppning.. even da interviews i attend in other companies aren't working out... my dad keeps feeling sorry cuz his daughter is being so unsuccessful in everything she does... I trust in God,but i dunno im jus losing it... I have started to feel he doesnt want me anymore,God doesnt care about me either!!!

S

Sideburns

Hold on to your faith friend, you say you trust God? Well then trust him 100%, Let me share something with you from the Word of God

[h=3]James 1:8[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]8 [/SUP][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One has to make his mind up, to trust God? or not to trust God?, that is the question![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The bible tells us why we must come to such conclusion!

[/FONT]
[h=3]Hebrews 11:6"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,[/h]and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"

The Lord God is saying, without faith in him its going to be impossible to please him because we will be double minded about certain things, but God is tell us, if we believe that he is, that he is a God of Love that knows what we need and will provide for us, as the word says a REWARDER to those that 'diligently seek him', then we must act on that faith!

The bible makes it very clear for us to know in 1 peter 1:7

[h=2]That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:[/h]
God allows us to go thru trials and temptations as a way to build up our faith in him, to prove that we do indeed have faith in him, how else would he know who truly loves him or believe in him? Just because they say I have faith in God I believe he can do this or do that! Dearly beloved be not deceived [h=3]James 2:19 "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."
We must remember
[/h]
James 2:17"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

So if you really do believe and have faith that God will take care of your needs then walk by that faith friend!

Matthew 6:26 "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

God is asking you, aren't you much better than the fowl of the air? Of course you are! You have to trust him! remember what he PROMISED you!
[h=3]Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, [/h]and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"

Diligently seek the Lord friend, Don't worry about the problems of life, they only burden us, but Jesus told us

Psalm 55:22"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved"

But this requires faith, even if it is as small as a mustard seed you will be able to move mountains thru Jesus Christ, the only thing God wants us to do is...

Psalm 34:8"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

I hope this was able to help you out friend, if so, if this has helped in anyway, please GIVE the GLORY to God and not me :) God bless you and peace be unto you and your family ! :)

L

livingepistle

I am writing here cuz i believe my people can dig me better. .. I dunno y God is being so mean to me... I am struggling to get a job... but tis jus not happening.. i've been a trainee for more than a year and there is so much politics hppning at my work place.. though i hv my bro in a gud position,nothing is hppning.. even da interviews i attend in other companies aren't working out... my dad keeps feeling sorry cuz his daughter is being so unsuccessful in everything she does... I trust in God,but i dunno im jus losing it... I have started to feel he doesnt want me anymore,God doesnt care about me either!!!
It is wonderful that you are casting all your cares, concerns, and desires upon God, because He says to do so in his Word (Bible) and confirms that He cares for us as H [is children;COLOR="#4B0082"]1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."[/COLOR] The fact that you are in a Christian Chat forum indicates to me that you love God and want to understand if God cares about you, Yes!. God cares about Yuan.

Simply, your problem is not you; it is your work environment. Politics is a by-product of a company’s culture. Corporate culture, “whether written as a mission statement, spoken or merely understood, corporate culture describes and governs the ways a company's owners and employees think, feel and act.”; entrepreneur.com/encyclopedia/corporate-culture. The culture directly relates to human natures and the prejudices that accompany human attitudes; for instance jealousy, anger, bias, hate, etc.

Let us talk politics for a moment and ask yourself these questions: 1) What is the culture of the existing work environment? 2) Who can I trust for honest feedback concerning my career path/who can coach me 3) Do I require specialized education even though I may have a degree?

Once you discover the answers to these questions; wherever there is a deficiency, take those specific concerns to God in prayer. Personally, I do not see these circumstances as a problem you created. Try following the steps above and we can pray together for God to act on your behalf.

You are a child of God and that means you have privileges. God is no respecter of persons, he does not discriminate, whatever he does for one child belonging to him, he will do the same for the next. So again, God Loves Yuan. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
V

violakat

Have you ever read the book of Job. Eh lost everything, including his children, in order to be tested. Maybe God is testing you. Maybe He's trying to grow you, who knows. But in the end, if you stand fast, you will be blessed in ways you cannot imagine, in the spiritual, and possibly in the physical. And just to let you know how Job ends, God doubled everything he had. Now that's a blessing.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
Do not give up trusting God. God sees everything. I know because I have done much life and had much life done to me. Looking back now I see my past as a test. I am so happy that even when life was throwing me lemons with relationships, death, sickness, etc. etc. etc. I never got angry with God. I knew somehow he wasn't giving me these things. People, circumstances and my sins shaped my life. God only helped me. I prayed for peace and to be loved. I prayed for forgiveness and for understanding. I talked to God about the unfair things in my life and how I was hurting. I didn't have anyone else to confide in. I only had God. I just recently heard myself say those words and I realize how very blessed I am to only have our God.

Now 36 years later, I know God was listening. I now fully understand Jesus and 11 years after Jesus into my heart and studying the book of Mark, God has given me abundant blessings. He has given me healing for my pain and I am no longer on pain meds. He gave me the filling of his spirit, which felt like someone overnight came and poured pure love into my heart. I now have his power to face my life and the new circumstances I and my family suffer with everyday. All I need is God and all you need is God.

A

Areille

Forgive me for saying this, but all I see through your predicament is God's crushing heart. I see how mean the world is to you. How mean you are to yourself, by expecting from yourself, demanding from yourself. I see how you are hurting yourself, slowly losing your Faith, the only thing that ties you to God(from your end), and how that is hurting the Heavenly Father.
Your doubt in Him does not lessen God's love for you. It just lessens your belief in His love. Eats away at your peace, and drains away your strength.
Dear Sister in Christ, He loves you with a love none of us will ever understand. He gave you so much without you ever asking for it. He gave Himself for you! You were not there to ask Him for the sacrifice. But He did. He shed His blood for you. Before you were even born. How could He not plan out with His own hands your beautiful life? He has. And He shall reveal it to you on time. Please keep faith. Lean not on your understanding, but His. We are to walk by Faith, and not by sight. :)

T

TomH

Lots of folks are struggling trying to find work these days, but God loves you. Don't believe the lie that God doesn't care about you. It is Satan that is trying to pull you away from God by making you doubt God. Don't believe him. He is a liar and the father of lies. Read the word of God to console you and reinforce your expectation. It will edify your spirit with the spirit of God that overcomes all. Your faith is being tested right now. Keep the faith, sister. Believe God.

"No trial has taken you except what is human. Now, faithful is God, Who will not be leaving you to be tried above what you are able, but, together with the trial, will be making the sequel also, to enable you to undergo it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)

"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, And do not lean to your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

"by faith are we walking, not by perception" (2 Corinthians 5:7)

"Be steadfast, and be resolute! Do not fear, and do not be terrified because of their presence, for Yahweh your Elohim, He is the One going with you; He shall neither neglect you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

"As for Yahweh, He is the One going before you; He Himself shall come to be with you. He shall neither neglect you nor forsake you. You shall neither fear nor be dismayed." (Deuteronomy 31:8)

I pray God gives you peace during your trial.

L

livinglifejesusway

Hey Yuan! That's the same way I've felt n feel sometimes in my life. However strong we are, these kind of ebbs n flows are common, I guess. And I mean it when I say, I've gone through it too :)
It's very difficult when going through such trials. Yes, they are trials.
But from my life n experiences, I've started to smile when I see the word 'trials' instead of frowning at them coz I've experienced great miracles after each and every trial.
There have been many such instances in my life. But I'd like to quote one for now.
- [I guess you will understand this coz ur from India too.] I used to face a lot of jealously n politics in college. The college staff used to lessen my internal marks and send to the university to make me get a low score. It was all a mental torture for me. But guess what? When the results were out, I would be the topper for many semesters! Those people could meddle with my internals but they couldn't do a thing with my other papers which would be corrected in some other university. So, God has always managed to surprise me, you know :), to score the highest percentage inspite of those people meddling with my marks n the foul politics. It's great, right? It still amazes me. The way God works.
Yes, initially I used to cry and spend sleepless nights but later I've learnt to smile whenever I came to know of something as such. Coz I knew that after each and every tribulation and trial, there's a wonderful gift waiting for me! And yes, I love gifts. Don't You??

James 1:2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds

It sounds so easy- to count it as joy when we meet trials- but trust me, it's all worth it in the end.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

But the key here is to keep in mind Romans 12:12 and to be in prayer n faith during such times.

And the question I mostly have on my mind during such times, when I lose my ground now n then is "Why me???"
I mean, there are so many people around who live their lives carelessly, who don't study or who are plain bad. But why is it that its just me going through all these things?

And what I've learnt through my life is, trials just present us a way to grow in life- to grow spiritually- and to draw nearer to God. They are definitely difficult and painful but the joy we receive at the end of it is immeasurable and indescribable!

God says that we, as His children are the light of the world in Matthew 5:14.
And in Matthew 5:16, He says

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. "

You know, just when we are going through the difficult phases in our lives, there are a lot of people watching us just to catch us off guard. And also, as God's children, we are supposed to be the 'light'. We are supposed to behave and deal things in a way that would make the people around you wonder. So, we know what to do, don't we? :)

And ultimately, after we emerge victorious from the trials, we can be a living testimony to God -which is priceless and can tell others that we know what they are going through.

So, going through a difficult time? Just smile. There's this wonderful gift that God's waiting to give you when you emerge a winner through it with prayer and faith, in the end.

Take care!

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
Dear Sister,
I would encourage you to continue to trust God, for your blessings may be just around the corner. God answers every prayer. However, he may do it in His timing, and in the way He chooses to. We must wait for His timing and trust His ways.

In India, corruption is at its peak, and therefore the job environment has been adversely affected. Millions of qualified people are jobless, whereas unqualified people make it to the top. God-loving individuals who mind their own businesses are seen as incompetent, whereas arrogant people are perceived as smart and capable. There is no value for the employee because someone else is willing to do the same job for a lesser salary. Due to the absence of labour laws, employees end up working for more than 12 hours a day. It's just modern day slavery. Even if you get the kind of job you love, there is no guarantee that it will be free from politics and corruption. If you get a good paying job, they will demand all your time. There are no free lunches.When you get a promotion, they will burden you with more work. It's all meaningless. All the glamour that we see in those high paying jobs is fake. So do not depend on your job to make you happy. Nevertheless, work hard and expect the best.

I would also urge you not to gauge God by whether you get a job or not. Measure him by the love he showed you and me on the cross. He thought that you and I were important enough to die for.

I'm sure he has an answer to your prayers. Trust him and he will reveal the perfect pasture for you in this bad bad world. He is our father after all, isn't he?

D

Dine_wit_Me

Yuan...

Just look at the story of Job....everything under the sun happen to him...he only loath his birth..but never did he ever curse God and say that God was being mean to him....even when his wife said that he should curse God and die...his reply was...should God only give us good and not evil....u may have had a pretty decent life coming up as a child under ur parents roof..but now u r an adult...where as u depended on ur parents to make ends meet for u..now u must depend on God to make ends meet for u...u r an adult now...so trust God even when u cant see how deliverance will come...Read the book of Job...Habakku..and Haggi...u will b amazed of how much strength u will draw from these....B of good cheer..for God is not slack according to His promises as men count slackness.

D

Dine_wit_Me

Yuan...

Just look at the story of Job....everything under the sun happen to him...he only loath his birth..but never did he ever curse God and say that God was being mean to him....even when his wife said that he should curse God and die...his reply was...should God only give us good and not evil....u may have had a pretty decent life coming up as a child under ur parents roof..but now u r an adult...where as u depended on ur parents to make ends meet for u..now u must depend on God to make ends meet for u...u r an adult now...so trust God even when u cant see how deliverance will come...Read the book of Job...Habakku..and Haggi...u will b amazed of how much strength u will draw from these....B of good cheer..for God is not slack according to His promises as men count slackness.

D

Dine_wit_Me

Also Yuan,

God wrote the blue print for ur life....He knows how to navigate it well...so relax..do ur part and He will always do His in the fulness of time...b well my sister.

J

jason4567

First of all god is not mean to any one.
you may thinking that god doesn't care about you any more,but the truth is he is putting you in a higher place.
After few days/months,you will thank to god for not letting you to get the job you want because you will find something better.

D

DyingDaily

It's cause I'm inked up Brink stuck,
Skinning all the doe.
If I had a buck to spare,
I'd probably say no.
Indian burns, so my wrist on glow.
If you every see me yawn,
Know I reign my deer.
If I be gender sensitive,
It's cause I split these queers.
And I'm so weird....
They should call me Slick,
Cause I'm sh** outta luck.

H

HeIsNowHere

Peter tells us to "Cast all our anxieties on Him for He cares for us." I have been going through tough times also. The last 2 weeks have been grueling. But I did just that. I cast my anxieties on him. I prayed and asked for help and mercy. This last week prayers were answered for me directly not in the way I expected but nonetheless answered. I rejoice and encourage you to do the same. Jesus knows what you are going through. Go to him and listen to him if he is telling you to do something perhaps you are not listening closely. Sometimes we do not listen until we get to a state of brokenness then He can begin to help us. Lord Jesus we ask you to please help give this one joy of knowing your love.