Yet another shooting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
So those who fear a racial group, or the police, should be free to shoot on sight? Something like "The police are killing black people. I'm black so I have the right to kill any policeman I come across as I fear being shot myself"? There is no such thing as preemptive self defence. Any society that takes that route is headed for total anarchy.
Yes, no one should be allowed to shoot someone who is knocking on their front door, or driving up their driveway. (The exception of course is if you have a gate and they have smashed through the gate and have already opened fire on your house.)

However, the rules for self defense of your home are vague. Generally, the person has to be in the house for you to legally shoot them. If they have just broken through the door or window when you shoot and they then fall back out of the house, you had better go and pull them back into the house before the police arrive. Simply being on your property is usually not reason enough to shoot someone, you need breaking and entering and you need evidence that you feared for your life and the life of your family.

Also, even if all that is true you better hope you don't shoot them in the back. If the person is fleeing from you, even if they broke in while perpetrating a crime, in many states you will still be held guilty because killing a person who is fleeing from you does not support a claim that you felt your life was threatened.

L

Locoponydirtman

So those who fear a racial group, or the police, should be free to shoot on sight? Something like "The police are killing black people. I'm black so I have the right to kill any policeman I come across as I fear being shot myself"? There is no such thing as preemptive self defence. Any society that takes that route is headed for total anarchy.
Where did i say preemptive anything? I didnt.
Where did i say anything about fear? I didnt. Ok thanks.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
"False flag" is your contention. The only thing false is your contention. Next you'll be telling me that the earth is flat.
Okay. So you admit that most everything I stated was factual, except that I drew the wrong conclusion and it was all coincidence rather than conspiracy? These days, there are fewer and fewer coincidence theorists.