YOU DON'T NEED MONEY!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Joshua175

You are right about that Rainacorn! I hope it is a lesson I never have to repeat.
On the flip side for all those who are saying "Oh the poor don't need anything but the love of Jesus." Get real!
James
2:14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if people claim to have faith but have no deeds? Can such faith save them?
2:15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food.
2:16 If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
I am not saying we should not share the gospel, but that we should attend the gospel by our actions. I don't know where we got the idea that Spreading the word gets us of the hook for sacrificial giving.

Jesus is the creator of heaven and earth, that's as real as you can get. You should give food and shelter to the poor and sometimes that uses money, but giving them the gospel is giving them the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, Creator of Heaven and earth. He's not someone who can't provide without money. Forget about the manna that God sent from heaven to the Israelites in the desert? They lived for 40 years in the desert without money because God provided.

J

Joshua175

By the way, I'm not saying that you shouldn't give to the poor, that would be stupid. I'm saying that the gospel is more needed (again not saying that you shouldn't give -.-) and that God can provide without money.

I

IQ

Jesus is the creator of heaven and earth, that's as real as you can get. You should give food and shelter to the poor and sometimes that uses money, but giving them the gospel is giving them the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, Creator of Heaven and earth. He's not someone who can't provide without money. Forget about the manna that God sent from heaven to the Israelites in the desert? They lived for 40 years in the desert without money because God provided.
I guess I just wish that Christians in this country took their responsibility to the poor more seriously. I work in a community outreach to feed the hungry in this area. The members of our church are overall very prosperous. Yet, our outreach is praying for "manna from heaven" every week. It frustrates me. Franky it makes me want to cry. By God's grace we make it but it's always by the skin of our teeth.
The MOST annoying attitude is the idea of the "deserving poor". What nonsense that is! Christ NEVER even implied that. But people take scripture out of context to justify it. I know that scripture explains poverty in many cases, but our charge is to see to them regardless of the cause of their situation.
God bless

J

Joshua175

I guess I just wish that Christians in this country took their responsibility to the poor more seriously. I work in a community outreach to feed the hungry in this area. The members of our church are overall very prosperous. Yet, our outreach is praying for "manna from heaven" every week. It frustrates me. Franky it makes me want to cry. By God's grace we make it but it's always by the skin of our teeth.
The MOST annoying attitude is the idea of the "deserving poor". What nonsense that is! Christ NEVER even implied that. But people take scripture out of context to justify it. I know that scripture explains poverty in many cases, but our charge is to see to them regardless of the cause of their situation.
God bless
I've never myself known a real Christian who wasn't compelled to give to the poor. I also don't know how saying ''You don't need money'' implies that you shouldn't give to the poor. God Bless you, it sounds like you have a true heart.