Your Mistakes Are Not Your Identity

• Thread starter ChristianGirlLivingLife
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianGirlLivingLife

I always grew up a struggling Christian. My family is not the brightest of all families. We fight, and have different opinions and such. To avoid my family, I have gone to worldly things to fill the void that I've felt. The lost love that I never fully understood. I've never felt fully loved by my parents, and have gone to different things to satisfy me. But it never fully satisfied. The "friends" I let mess with me did not fully satisfy. The "social life" I gained never fully satisfied. Unfortunately I have fallen unto deep addictions at one or two points in my time. When I was given responsibility, I would take advantage of it, which resulted in losing more trust in my parents. I knew that what I was doing was wrong, but I didn't want to stop. I felt a pulse whenever I did it. A sense of worth and urgency. But it was always temporary.
I turned to God fully when I entered my junior year in high school. I found God speak to me most when I attended the summer camp at church, where we booked a bunch of houseboats along the California Delta River. I spent the entire week with the people I loved entirely most, and the ones that cared about me. I have never felt so much love that way until that moment. I was baptized that weekend, and continued to grow up overcoming circumstances and strengthening my relationship with Him.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
God turns (if we let Him) our defeats, failures, mistakes (and other negative experience) into VICTORIES! Rom 8v26-39 (esp v28), 1Cor 15v57, 1John 4v4

Rom 8v28 states: "And we know with an absolute knowledge that for those who are loving God, all things are working together resulting in good, for those who are divinely summoned ones according to His purpose." Wuest...

Yahweh Shalom...

K

kip-s

His mercy endures forever! PTL!