Your personal identity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zaoman32

So being in a singles forum, it's an automatic assumption of mine that most people viewing this forum are in search of someone to share their life with, be it actually on this website or somewhere else I don't know. It got me thinking, what is the one thing that is always required of us when we meet someone new? We have to introduce ourselves. Give a little introduction to who we are, which of course when we meet someone is telling them how much of a wonderful person we are, and making ourselves look good.

I was listening to a study on Esther when the bible teacher brought up an interesting point. Esther has two names. Esther, obviously, and Hadassah. Hadassah was her Jewish name, and Esther was her Persian name. It is recorded in scripture that her cousin Mordecai was not only silent about his faith, but ordered her to be silent about hers. The were of the Jewish faith, but still half in the world, a B.C. lukewarm christian if you will, half in the world, half out. As most of us know later on in scripture we find Mordecai finally learning to take a stand, go public, and defend his Faith, Esther of course does the same.

Throughout recorded scripture there a stories of God's people getting new names. Jacob (my personal favorite story) becomes Israel. Simon becomes Peter, Saul becomes Paul, and even in the final book of the bible, Revelation, it is told that we will be given new names. This is pure speculation and guessing, but it is my belief that these are the names that will identify us as Gods own.

While we are in the world, how will we identify ourselves? God says in Revelation I believe that he hates lukewarm christians and wants to spit them out of his mouth. They're not really part of the world, they belong to God, but they're not really God's either because they love the world, they're in the proverbial Limbo. As long as we will identify ourselves with where we find our happiness, and if we identify ourselves with things of this world (idolatry, income, relationships, etc.) we will always come empty handed, and broken hearted, when we love the one thing, we will be bound for the destruction of another. When we identify ourselves as children and heirs of God, we realize who we are, we are children of THE King of kings, and we see our self worth.

Where do you find your identity?

K

kkt6

I identify myself as a Christian, however I think alot of people think because you are a Christian you should not get involved with 'things' of the world. We do live in the world after all. We as Christians need to participate in the world so that we can become movers and shakers. The more we shy away from things like politics or big business the more we have other people running our lives then we get annoyed at who is in charge when the Christian community wouldn't take a stand and get involved so that we can shape the world by God's perspective.

J

Jullianna

Who am I? First and foremost, I'm a child of God, which influences every other aspect of who I am. It guides the sort of mother I am. It guides the sort of worker I am and motivates my choices in that. It shapes the sort of friend I am. It motivates me to be very involved in my church and community. It motivates me to learn more about people and things going on in the world in order to allow Him to use me in whatever way possible to stand for Him and be the light He's called me to be.

While I do enjoy talking with friends in this forum, singleness has never been anything I have considered to be part of my identity any more than what I'm wearing on any given day. The world is far too big and there is far too much going on in it for finding someone to ever be my priority, though things do happen from time to time that pose questions in my mind. Most of them are being answered. :)

P

Powemm

Christ is in me and I am in Him
different stages of growth
A metamorphosis from me to Him...this transformation is happening every day... less of me and more of Him... not my will but His will... Not my plan but His plan, not
My way, but His way.... He will determine my steps , I'm only along for the ride as He leads