youth Ministering

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AbD

Oct 26, 2022
hi everyone i would like to open a discussion regarding youth ministry..amyone>

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
hi everyone i would like to open a discussion regarding youth ministry..amyone>
That's a rather generalized topic. It may benefit the discussion to narrow it down.
Typically it works best to actually Start the discussion with your own thoughts or questions so people have something to respond to.
Also not disappearing for days, after starting a thread, is another good way to go.

AbD

Oct 26, 2022
I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while just same with you guys I have also a Ministry to handle. The reason for the discussion I want to tackle here is that I want to know what also those forms or ways that God has poured instructions to everyone here who is in the same Ministry or Youth Ministry handling rather.

89jerbear

Nov 12, 2022
I’ve been working with youth for the past 5 years. It’s been a bumpy road but this year is finally showing some fruit. We average around 15-18 kids. All of our teens are unchurched and come from broken homes. In the past it was so hard to get through a lesson most Wednesdays. They had behavioral issues and they were mostly disruptive and rude. They also struggle with major anxiety, depression, self harm and many things of that nature.

This is the first year that I have been full time with youth ministry. I have had more time to pour more of my attention into lessons and making them more engaging. They have been listening a lot better.

While it’s ultimately not my place to know or judge, I do not believe any of them to be Christians.

It seems almost impossible to find a curriculum out there that isn’t mostly for discipleship for churched teens. So I have learned to make the lessons on my own, focusing on the gospel and how it changes lives by emphasizing our fallen nature, why the world is so messed up, and the way God has created us to be.
It has been encouraging to see them engaging in conversation and asking questions.

I have also began doing projects with them that get them focused on doing for others. Our church does the operation Christmas child every year. Where you pack shoe boxes and send them overseas to children who live in poverty and desperate circumstances. I plan to have them doing more like that in the future.

It’s definitely been a learning process, but things are going pretty well and it seems we are making progress. A lot of prayer has gone into things this year, and I can’t wait to see what God does.