Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
Like Tree47Likes

User2User Tech Support

Get or give free technical support on using Christian Chat -- or any computer-related problems/questions!

Thread: cutting and pasting pictures...

  1. #21
    wwjd_kilden
    Guest

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Cool

    Things were less complicated before we got all this technology
    CaptainGoat likes this.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,804
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    well I never use the pictures in such a way that someone will think they are mine,I just use them for silly fun,still I kind of feel like I'm getting the run around can't one of you just plainly say yes or no,if it is wrong to cut and paste pictures?
    I mean I took a website class on this sort of thing but that was quite a while back,but I do know that it is not something to kid about.
    if I continue to get no answer then I'll just stop posting pictures to be cautious...
    I gave you the definition. So you could determine for yourself. I never took a class.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  3. #23
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    But you do need for watermarks on pictures, or ones that say "copyright" or have a "C" on them..
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhh,what is a "watermark"??? all my pictures I mainly cut and paste from giphy.com,do you mind explaining what you mean?
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  4. #24
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,119
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    This is a watermarked photo. Since I need to give attribution, this photo is courtesy of dreamstime.com.. I got this one direct from their site, to use as an illustration in this post. It is not one of the many free photos that I use on here.


    . little-cats-20284533.jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhh,what is a "watermark"??? all my pictures I mainly cut and paste from giphy.com,do you mind explaining what you mean?
    seed_time_harvest likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  5. #25
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    This is a watermarked photo. Since I need to give attribution, this photo is courtesy of dreamstime.com.. I got this one direct from their site, to use as an illustration in this post. It is not one of the many free photos that I use on here.


    . little-cats-20284533.jpg
    ok but I don't see what you are trying to say,does it mean each time I post any picture that I must have some form of tribute to the site I got it from,like stating the site it's from or when I cut and paste is this done for me???
    because I know somewhat of what you mean,mainly I don't want to get banned for something I may have been doing that I don't quite understand.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  6. #26
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,119
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Do you see the "dreamstime" word written across the face of the kitten in front? That's a watermark..

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    ok but I don't see what you are trying to say,does it mean each time I post any picture that I must have some form of tribute to the site I got it from,like stating the site it's from or when I cut and paste is this done for me???
    because I know somewhat of what you mean,mainly I don't want to get banned for something I may have been doing that I don't quite understand.
    seed_time_harvest and joefizz like this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  7. #27
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Do you see the "dreamstime" word written across the face of the kitten in front? That's a watermark..
    sheesh that was tough to see okay I get you,I had to zoom in alot to see the word,but yeah I saw it,so now I understand what you were saying,as long as it has something in the picture representing the site you got it from you can post it,would that be correct?
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  8. #28
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    giphy.com
    so would this be okay even though it doesn't have a water mark since I put the site?
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  9. #29
    wwjd_kilden
    Guest

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    A watermark isn't your job, it is what the ones making the pictures do.

    and no, you don't have to add the site name for random gif's.

    but if you find a photo of a named photographer you should refer to his / her name when posting the picture
    seed_time_harvest and joefizz like this.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,946
    Rep Power
    361

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    sheesh that was tough to see okay I get you,I had to zoom in alot to see the word,but yeah I saw it,so now I understand what you were saying,as long as it has something in the picture representing the site you got it from you can post it,would that be correct?
    That means it is copy right material and can only be used with permission or else the watermark is such an ugly disfigurement to the image no sane person would really want to use it though people still do LOL. In fact some watermarks are deliberately applied to discourage use, like this:

    blue_ladybug and joefizz like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  11. #31
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,119
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Use some of these sites to get your pictures from, Joe. They are absolutely free to use, no attribution required..

    1. https://www.pexels.com

    2. PhotoPin - Free Photos for Bloggers via Creative Commons

    3. Over 390,027 Free Photos and Images - FreeImages.com

    4. Free vectors, photos and PSD Downloads | Freepik
    seed_time_harvest and joefizz like this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  12. #32
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    A watermark isn't your job, it is what the ones making the pictures do.

    and no, you don't have to add the site name for random gif's.

    but if you find a photo of a named photographer you should refer to his / her name when posting the picture
    ok I think I grasp how to "properly" post Gifs/pictures now.
    seed_time_harvest likes this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  13. #33
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,119
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Yes...........


    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    giphy.com
    so would this be okay even though it doesn't have a water mark since I put the site?
    joefizz likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  14. #34
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,946
    Rep Power
    361

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    I see no watermark on this image... just dew drops



    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  15. #35
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    thank you all for your help in helping me not to go bonkers,from worry of if I violated the rules here and guiding me through the ins and outs of what is allowed.
    blue_ladybug and Magenta like this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  16. #36
    Senior Member GaryA's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2014
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,127
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    I see no watermark on this image... just dew drops

    I am pretty sure than any image referenced directly with a URL is perfectly okay to do so without "additional" attribution.

    For example, the URL from Magenta's picture above is:

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/84/f6/01/84f601d567b8e88fc69d519287da5054.jpg
    wwjd_kilden and blue_ladybug like this.
    Jesus Is Lord!
    'KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS'
    "Glory to God; NONE to Satan. Forever, and Ever, and Ever. Amen, and Amen, and Amen."


    * Olivet Discourse * Order Of Events * Second Coming * Time Line *

    Click here to check out my Just-For-Christian-Chat page.

    Awareness + Open Eyes + Common Sense + Discernment =>
    "The ability to step outside the MATRIX and see it for yourself..."

    Humility => Knowledge + Awareness + Discernment


  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    I just read all the rules of CC,and it said something about plagiarism concerning pasting pictures,I'm a bit worried now,I've been cutting and pasting the images I like to my posts from sites,because I use a phone and can't upload pictures,was this wrong for me to do or is this still ok for me to do,please tell me!
    I want to pull a picture of a good looking woman off the internet to be using as an avatar, so that people will think I'm good looking. How do I do that with a phone?
    blue_ladybug and joefizz like this.
    My restless, roaming spirit would not allow me to remain at home very long.

    -
    Buffalo Bill

  18. #38
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,401
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    sheesh that was tough to see okay I get you,I had to zoom in alot to see the word,but yeah I saw it,so now I understand what you were saying,as long as it has something in the picture representing the site you got it from you can post it,would that be correct?
    Our rule pertaining to plagiarism was primarily put into place because of users who would copy and paste quantities of text without giving proper credit to the original source thus (whether intentionally or not) passing the material off as their own original idea.

    As far as pictures go, you should check the policies of the site you are sourcing from to see what their copyright policies are.

  19. #39
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: cutting and pasting pictures...

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    I want to pull a picture of a good looking woman off the internet to be using as an avatar, so that people will think I'm good looking. How do I do that with a phone?
    wouldn't that be lieing though? lol,just kidding,Magenta and Winerose use beautiful women avatars as for what one's to use I would ask blue lady bug about this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a limit on pasting in the forum volume wise?
    By Free-To-Be in forum User2User Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 4th, 2014, 02:32 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 1st, 2014, 04:34 PM
  3. pasting problem
    By crossnote in forum User2User Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 4th, 2013, 09:21 AM
  5. Is cutting okay?
    By smile_for_the_camra in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: December 21st, 2012, 02:56 AM