Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By tourist
  • 1 Post By Ugly
  • 1 Post By CaptainGoat
  • 3 Post By Oncefallen
  • 1 Post By NoNameMcgee
  • 2 Post By Desdichado
  • 1 Post By Jennie-Mae
  • 3 Post By joefizz
  • 1 Post By Jennie-Mae
  • 1 Post By joefizz
  • 1 Post By blue_ladybug
  • 1 Post By blue_ladybug
  • 3 Post By tourist

User2User Tech Support

Get or give free technical support on using Christian Chat -- or any computer-related problems/questions!

Thread: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

  1. #1
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    77

    Default giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    I'm confused,are we not allowed to mention other Christian Chat sites in a non influential manner, or can we?
    because I am currently logged into a chat site that only has 41 active members,and I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in just simply giving it a try,pretty much a second chance to be on the internet radar so to speak(it took awhile to find compared to others) please explain what is allowed and what is not allowed when mentioning another Christian Chat sites(I read the rules again but still uncertain),thank you.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,901
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    283

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    I'm confused,are we not allowed to mention other Christian Chat sites in a non influential manner, or can we?
    because I am currently logged into a chat site that only has 41 active members,and I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in just simply giving it a try,pretty much a second chance to be on the internet radar so to speak(it took awhile to find compared to others) please explain what is allowed and what is not allowed when mentioning another Christian Chat sites(I read the rules again but still uncertain),thank you.
    Mentioning competitive chat sites is frowned upon by this establishment. You could mention it in a PM to another member that you actually know but probably shouldn't send out a mass mailing to the members that aren't familiar with you as that would be considered solicitation.
    wwjd_kilden and joefizz like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,925
    Rep Power
    156

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Rules are clear. No using CC to build up other chat sites.
    Personally I find the idea of using a popular site as a platform to build up a competing site to be lacking in character and faith. If God wants that site bigger He will make it happen. You shouldn't have to use underhanded and deceitful techniques to fullfil God's will. Which is what it is to poach users from one site to another.
    tourist likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  4. #4
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Mentioning competitive chat sites is frowned upon by this establishment. You could mention it in a PM to another member that you actually know but probably shouldn't send out a mass mailing to the members that aren't familiar with you as that would be considered solicitation.
    I get what you mean ok I'll try that then,very good answer!!!
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,925
    Rep Power
    156

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Isn't that still the same thing? Just doing it in a way you won't get caught as easily? I still find it deceitful and against the spirit of the rules set in place. Perhaps mods will pay attention to your PMs for "soliciting" a site using CC to build up another.
    Didn't see in the rules where solicitation or using CC to build up other sites was ok, as long as it's on PM. I saw where they said it was wrong. Period. Lost respect for you joe.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,925
    Rep Power
    156

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    It's only wrong if I get caught....
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  7. #7
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    It is a bit like churches. I once found myself in the middle of quite an argument when I was in my 20's where a lady came to preach at our church and the Lord had her give a word for me. She invited me to meetings she was in which were on a different day to the church I was in. They were having a tent outreach and many young people were coming to know the Lord!
    When my local church heard I had been there and when she came to one of our meetings again, the leaders of my church went mad! They were accusing her of stealing their members... I tried to say "Dont I have a choice where I go?" but the church leaders ignored me and what I said.
    Later the Lord had me leave that church as He was moving me on to grow in Him!
    Online I will say it is healthy to be on more then one site. I'm not saying this against this site as this site is a really good site. By being on more then one site one can learn things and enjoy the company of others who one may not otherwise meet. It is nice sharing in this way. It is a shame that most Christian sites dont have links to each other just because we are all on the same side.
    Different churches have different visions that God has them to do, and different internet sites also have the same.
    May God bless both this site and the others who have put so much time and patience to run these sites. Thank you all!
    joefizz likes this.

  8. #8
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,416
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    I'll make it quite clear, our rules always have (and always will) prohibit using Christian Chat to advertise/promote/solicit for a competing site.

    Users who have been found engaging in this activity can expect to be banned. Think this is in some way heavy handed? Try going into Walmart and walk around telling their customers about how good Target is.

    RoboOp has spent two decades building this site without trying to piggyback off of other sites and we expect other sites to do the same.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,412
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    I'll make it quite clear, our rules always have (and always will) prohibit using Christian Chat to advertise/promote/solicit for a competing site.

    Users who have been found engaging in this activity can expect to be banned. Think this is in some way heavy handed? Try going into Walmart and walk around telling their customers about how good Target is.

    RoboOp has spent two decades building this site without trying to piggyback off of other sites and we expect other sites to do the same.
    Hey..... let me be a mod ^_^
    Magenta likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,378
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    Think this is in some way heavy handed? Try going into Walmart and walk around telling their customers about how good Target is.
    I'm just picturing a dude with a Target shirt and coupons in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It's making me laugh.

    Even better if he's got a rainbow flag.
    Ugly and joefizz like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2017
    Age
    33
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    I'm just picturing a dude with a Target shirt and coupons in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It's making me laugh.

    Even better if he's got a rainbow flag.
    What would he use a rainbow flag for? Targeting a new set of customers?
    joefizz likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Isn't that still the same thing? Just doing it in a way you won't get caught as easily? I still find it deceitful and against the spirit of the rules set in place. Perhaps mods will pay attention to your PMs for "soliciting" a site using CC to build up another.
    Didn't see in the rules where solicitation or using CC to build up other sites was ok, as long as it's on PM. I saw where they said it was wrong. Period. Lost respect for you joe.
    and how do you figure that???because I myself right now am logged into and post on and stay a member of this site and 5 other Christian Chat sites,and I am not as you put it "poached" which I know what that word implies,I am not intent on anyone leaving this site to go to another site and no longer come to this site,quite the contrary I only thought to simply mention a site,and leave the choice to the individual if they want to join it,and I would never encourage anyone to stop being a member here,I would actually prefer they still come here to Christian Chat,because as I said before,"this is still my favorite Christian Chat site",what you interpret as "poaching"(trying to steal members from this site and have them no longer use this site)I merely was just going to make mention,as in simply stating the name of the site,and leave it at that,is it wrong for one to be told of an extra Christian Chat site?
    considering that some members here have already,(yes I'm not kidding I know of at least 2 members here that go to and stay logged into multiple Christian Chat sites)
    and yes I am well aware that God can lead people to other sites as he did with me,
    I am not interested in some petty conflict,I just was seeing where I stood,simple,no need to be crass or mean,Ugly,hence the reason I asked in the first place(was that wrong to ask for understanding???)
    and since you prefer me not to make mention of another Christian Chat site,then I shall not(and have not mentioned one after asking this question,so calm down...)I am not about to feud,for I serve the God of peace.
    wwjd_kilden, tourist and Magenta like this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2017
    Age
    33
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Free speech doesn't really apply on a private owned site. The rules are made by the founder of the site. I wouldn't appreciate it if I was the owner, and somebody was soliciting for another site. Just my two cents, though.
    Ugly likes this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,925
    Rep Power
    156

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    and how do you figure that???because I myself right now am logged into and post on and stay a member of this site and 5 other Christian Chat sites,and I am not as you put it "poached" which I know what that word implies,I am not intent on anyone leaving this site to go to another site and no longer come to this site,quite the contrary I only thought to simply mention a site,and leave the choice to the individual if they want to join it,and I would never encourage anyone to stop being a member here,I would actually prefer they still come here to Christian Chat,because as I said before,"this is still my favorite Christian Chat site",what you interpret as "poaching"(trying to steal members from this site and have them no longer use this site)I merely was just going to make mention,as in simply stating the name of the site,and leave it at that,is it wrong for one to be told of an extra Christian Chat site?
    considering that some members here have already,(yes I'm not kidding I know of at least 2 members here that go to and stay logged into multiple Christian Chat sites)
    and yes I am well aware that God can lead people to other sites as he did with me,
    I am not interested in some petty conflict,I just was seeing where I stood,simple,no need to be crass or mean,Ugly,hence the reason I asked in the first place(was that wrong to ask for understanding???)
    and since you prefer me not to make mention of another Christian Chat site,then I shall not(and have not mentioned one after asking this question,so calm down...)I am not about to feud,for I serve the God of peace.
    You can blah blah blah all you want, but OnceFallen has made the Official stance of the site (more) clear in this thread. Feel free to direct your arguments to him.
    Regardless of what you say I still view it as being in poor character to advertise other chat sites here. You won't change my mind. Save your arguments.
    It was quite clear in the posted rules and even more clear when OnceFallen spoke on it. To claim confusion is willfull ignorance. To continue advertising is willfull disobedience.
    I'm done with the subject.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  15. #15
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    I'll make it quite clear, our rules always have (and always will) prohibit using Christian Chat to advertise/promote/solicit for a competing site.

    Users who have been found engaging in this activity can expect to be banned. Think this is in some way heavy handed? Try going into Walmart and walk around telling their customers about how good Target is.

    RoboOp has spent two decades building this site without trying to piggyback off of other sites and we expect other sites to do the same.
    thank you,I'm always cautious of rules before any action on internet sites,because I understand that soliciting(asking for money or promoting one's own site is never allowed)
    but I wasn't sure if simply mentioning a site(without promoting it or influencing others,or pressuring others)
    was allowed because as much as I'd like to see every Christian Chat site flourish I am not about to break rules,or willfully offend anyone,by doing something that does not follow a sites,beliefs or it's all together foundation,I apologize if it seems as if I was asking a "foolish" question,I just feel compassion for other sites because,some of the lost are still there crying wildly into the night without much guidance or words of wisdom,for like Jesus I would not have the lost left to their own devices,if there be a way to help them,I may have much of the holy spirit but alas I am still just one man,I knoweth that I maketh my self weak by spreading God's word to other sites,but I just cannot see lost souls and do nothing,(for there is at least one lost soul at the site I can't mention and my words while drawn by the spirit don't carry to such as this individual,because they see in an abundantly wordly light,and I shall do my best but I just wondered if there were a way to mention the site where this individual lurks and shouts arrogantly,though there is practically noone there to speak to or help this lurking soul,the mod there cannot find a way for the soul to come to correction so they let the individual stay despite how behave)
    to me bringing even just one more soul to God is worth the effort and time,I'm sorry to have posed this question,and though I won't leave this site ever,I still am a little disheartened at that I have to work harder to help lost souls when I so want to help them alot more with help from devout servants of God,more than words can say...
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  16. #16
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    I'm just picturing a dude with a Target shirt and coupons in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It's making me laugh.

    Even better if he's got a rainbow flag.
    now things are different people come into walmart asking"where is McDonald's?"!
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  17. #17
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    56,667
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    305

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    We are not allowed to mention or advertise, other Christian sites on here. It's called recruiting, and that's against the rules here.. I know you're NOT recruiting, but still....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    I'm confused,are we not allowed to mention other Christian Chat sites in a non influential manner, or can we?
    because I am currently logged into a chat site that only has 41 active members,and I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in just simply giving it a try,pretty much a second chance to be on the internet radar so to speak(it took awhile to find compared to others) please explain what is allowed and what is not allowed when mentioning another Christian Chat sites(I read the rules again but still uncertain),thank you.
    joefizz likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  18. #18
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    56,667
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    305

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Ummm, it's STILL solicitation (recruiting) even if it's in a PM and not on the open board..


    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Mentioning competitive chat sites is frowned upon by this establishment. You could mention it in a PM to another member that you actually know but probably shouldn't send out a mass mailing to the members that aren't familiar with you as that would be considered solicitation.
    joefizz likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  19. #19
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,901
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    283

    Default Re: giving a Christian chat site a second chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Ummm, it's STILL solicitation (recruiting) even if it's in a PM and not on the open board..
    You are right. Don't know what I was thinking. My bad.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: May 11th, 2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Why even come to the Christian Chat site?
    By tourist in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: February 18th, 2015, 03:38 AM
  3. IS CHRISTIAN CHAT.COM A CULT WATCH WEB SITE?
    By Digital_Angel_316 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 24th, 2011, 01:58 PM
  4. Finally a Christian Chat Site!
    By writingluverr812 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2011, 12:31 AM