Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree24Likes
  • 3 Post By Beez
  • 4 Post By Tommy379
  • 3 Post By Ugly
  • 3 Post By Beez
  • 1 Post By Beez
  • 1 Post By NoNameMcgee
  • 1 Post By MattforJesus
  • 2 Post By Oncefallen
  • 2 Post By Tommy379
  • 3 Post By maxwel
  • 1 Post By Beez

User2User Tech Support

Get or give free technical support on using Christian Chat -- or any computer-related problems/questions!

Thread: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Beez's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Is it just saying that I like someone? That I like what they post? Is there more to it?
    He is found by those who do not seek Him. He says, "Here I Am! Here I Am!" to those who never called His Name.
    Worthy are You, O L-rd our G-d, to receive glory, honor, and power; for You
    created all things. Because of You, they are and were created.


  2. #2
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,593
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    Is it just saying that I like someone? That I like what they post? Is there more to it?
    I like you.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    20,089
    Rep Power
    238

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Nothing to read into it. Some people add lots of people randomly. Others, like myself, tend to be more picky. For me it usually just makes it easier to PM someone, or see what they've posted recently.
    longtrekker, Angela_s and Beez like this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  4. #4
    Senior Member Beez's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I like you.
    Well, I like you, too!
    posthuman, tourist and lightbearer like this.
    He is found by those who do not seek Him. He says, "Here I Am! Here I Am!" to those who never called His Name.
    Worthy are You, O L-rd our G-d, to receive glory, honor, and power; for You
    created all things. Because of You, they are and were created.


  5. #5
    Senior Member Beez's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Nothing to read into it. Some people add lots of people randomly. Others, like myself, tend to be more picky. For me it usually just makes it easier to PM someone, or see what they've posted recently.
    Okay. Thank you!
    He is found by those who do not seek Him. He says, "Here I Am! Here I Am!" to those who never called His Name.
    Worthy are You, O L-rd our G-d, to receive glory, honor, and power; for You
    created all things. Because of You, they are and were created.


  6. #6
    Senior Member Beez's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    I've been a bit -- no, a LOT -- hesitant to add friends, even those I really like. On some sites, it has seemed that "liking" someone caused a bit of stuff for them. Glad to know that it's never that.
    Angela_s likes this.
    He is found by those who do not seek Him. He says, "Here I Am! Here I Am!" to those who never called His Name.
    Worthy are You, O L-rd our G-d, to receive glory, honor, and power; for You
    created all things. Because of You, they are and were created.


  7. #7
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    344

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    yes

    you can make things private so only friends can see



    i have a profile picture

    but friends can view it
    Beez likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    I don't expect anybody to want to be friends with me,or give me likes,or reps,because I do not fellowship with people online for the most part,but I post about what I want to say,and that is it.When I am offline I fellowship,but rarely online.

    Also I like to post about the whole of the Bible,and talk about the end time,and get kind of serious,and a lot of people kind of shy away from that,and most people would become friends with those that claim Jesus as Lord,do not post too much about the Bible,or at least not the hardest parts to understand,and post about random things not pertaining to the Bible,like pets,food,walking the dog,watering the lawn,terrible neighbors,got a splinter in their foot,and such things.

    If you talk about things not pertaining to the Bible you are most likely to get friend requests,but I would rather people did not want to be friends online,and I do not come across as someone trying to have friends,so I understand if they do not want to be friends.

    Offline I will fellowship,which my sister says I am the nicest man she ever met,but online I do not bother,which I do not feel I am missing out on anything important.

    But that is the way I like it online,and that is the way I come across,so there is no wondering on my part for that is what I want,and people will sense it,but not to be rude,but I do not want to invest that much time when it is online,and I rarely even reply to those who reply to my post,for I post and run,or is that a cyber crime.
    Beez likes this.

  9. #9
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,696
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    Is it just saying that I like someone? That I like what they post? Is there more to it?
    This............




    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    yes

    you can make things private so only friends can see



    i have a profile picture

    but friends can view it
    NoNameMcgee and Beez like this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,883
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    Is it just saying that I like someone? That I like what they post? Is there more to it?
    Maybe It was something In their words when they welcomed you that Influenced you deep enough that you requested to be their friend.
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,883
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    What If someone that you have befriended post In these forums things that you are In total disagreement with,should you be loyal and keep them as your friend or should you unfriend them?
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  12. #12
    Zi
    Guest

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    PM them about it. So they are aware. That way no confusion. And whatever you decide is will understanding..

    You, they are not meant personally
    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    What If someone that you have befriended post In these forums things that you are In total disagreement with,should you be loyal and keep them as your friend or should you unfriend them?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,593
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    What If someone that you have befriended post In these forums things that you are In total disagreement with,should you be loyal and keep them as your friend or should you unfriend them?
    I can be your friend, and not agree on a single thing.
    Magenta and Depleted like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  14. #14
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
    Proverbs 27:6

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,883
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I can be your friend, and not agree on a single thing.
    I see your point but It might be confusing to some people If they see that your Interpretations and doctrine are In opposition and the person goes to your homepage and sees the person as a friend,just saying.
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,593
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    I see your point but It might be confusing to some people If they see that your Interpretations and doctrine are In opposition and the person goes to your homepage and sees the person as a friend,just saying.
    It's one of my joys, to confuse others.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  17. #17
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,002
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
    Proverbs 27:6

    Waggles,

    Does this mean you go around kissing your enemies?

    Please send me a friend request as soon as possible...
    I'm terrified to be your enemy.
    Lynx, Magenta and Depleted like this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,005
    Rep Power
    618

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    I see your point but It might be confusing to some people If they see that your Interpretations and doctrine are In opposition and the person goes to your homepage and sees the person as a friend,just saying.
    Best not to make assumptions


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  19. #19
    Senior Member Beez's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Is there a specific reason (or more) for "friending" someone?

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    What If someone that you have befriended post In these forums things that you are In total disagreement with,should you be loyal and keep them as your friend or should you unfriend them?
    Since when do friends have to always agree? Since chatting on the Internet. Before that, people could be friends and not get all hot under the collar over a disagreement.
    Ugly likes this.
    He is found by those who do not seek Him. He says, "Here I Am! Here I Am!" to those who never called His Name.
    Worthy are You, O L-rd our G-d, to receive glory, honor, and power; for You
    created all things. Because of You, they are and were created.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 190
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2018, 09:53 AM
  2. The Specific Cause of the "Evolution vs. 'Creationism'" Controversy
    By pgardner31 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 17th, 2013, 03:47 PM
  3. "Un-friending"
    By dashadow in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2013, 05:13 PM