Focusing on Immigrants

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
What are you doing to reach the immigrants to your community?

Our community has experiencing a rapid growth in the population of immigrants. They come from South America, the Northern and the Southern USA, and Asia. Most have no interest in the Gospel, and are skeptical of visiting Christians. Any suggestions to help us here would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in Scotland, a lot of the (legal) immigrants coming here have no accommodation and struggle to find it. For example students. Helping something with their search for a roof can be greatly appreciated. Sometimes they come into the church on Sunday looking for help, even filling in a form. Others have come alone and are worried as they have family left in dangerous places, a listening hear can mean a lot to them. Little practical steps. God Bless You :)

Aug 21, 2023

Our community has experiencing a rapid growth in the population of immigrants. They come from South America, the Northern and the Southern USA, and Asia. Most have no interest in the Gospel, and are skeptical of visiting Christians. Any suggestions to help us here would be greatly appreciated.
I didn't understand this. Immigrants from the USA?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Everyone has an immigrant story at some point in their family...the whole Bible is full of stories of people migrating from one place or other.

Some stand out like the Book of Ruth. Ruth was from Moab.
Jesus was a refugee in Egypt and the Hebrews never forgot their time in Egypt, plus they were exiled and taken captive, and their homeland taken from them.

Dont discount just because someone already believes something else or their culture and langauge is different that they may not be open to Jesus. Gods Love encompasses all humankind and creation. If it did not, and Jesus was not a light to the Gentiles, only Hebrews and the chosen Israelites would believe in God.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA

With all kindness, brother,

"Seeker-sensitive" ministry is not biblical. No one seeks for God before they are regenerated. We preach the God-breathed truth, which cuts through culture, skepticism, and rebellion. We are fishers of men, and most do not bite. Preach the Bible the way it is written, in its entirety, and let the Spirit of God do the heavy lifting.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
i hate the immigrants
Well! Nothing like tipping your hand the moment you walk in the room.

According to your profile you are Scottish but living in Zimbabwe. Either you are lying, or a rank hypocrite... or perhaps both. Your profile also claims that you are a elder or pastor. Nice example you're setting.

1695568922396.png

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I would like to echo the sentiment on post #2 here and say that you should neither try too hard nor go out of your way to have immigrants in your church because you will be dealing with a lot of cultural and spiritual barriers that one group cannot understand about another group.
I remember when Protestants were in the Mediterranean region in the early 90s and they were trying to lure people in their groups by giving them cash!
The locals of course were making fun of them and took the cash and they never showed up.
So, don't be like that basically.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Basically then you can only belong to a church if you are a landlord and make heaps of money and have generations going back to the Mayflower or whatever it was then.

Is that right? If you want to be WASP

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Yes countries should take a limited amount of genuine asylum seekers, but not the ungrateful illegal ones who come to scrounge off us, especially as the vast majority are not even Christians.
The Bible is quite clear on this-
"Do not let unbelievers into your house or bid them God speed" (2 John 1:10 KJV)
Jesus said- "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs....do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces" (Matt 15:26,Matt 7:6)

Yep that's how we look at it here in Texas too. For instance in my wife's family they can trace their genealogy back to the early 1700's when this was still called New Spain and then afterwards Mexico. After the Texas/Mexican war it was Texas but they still lived on the same exact farm in south Texas and after that it was the state of Texas in the US. I agree with you though the gall of all these foreigners emigrating to our land,gaining our trust and then years later claiming it's theirs as if they lived here before we did.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Basically then you can only belong to a church if you are a landlord and make heaps of money and have generations going back to the Mayflower or whatever it was then.

Is that right? If you want to be WASP
I don't know if you're addressing me here but even if you did i still don't understand what you're saying.