History of the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
i am not answering for john, but the only thing that makes one lost is unbelief in Christ.

believe=saved.

do not believe= lost/condemned.
Are we now going to do the same thing as many others and assume you know you know something about me that you really don't know?

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Well, without the explanation of what the New Testament means and why things happened the way they did....it doesn't have a lot of importance. Like how Jesus fulfilled the prophecy, became our atoning sacrifice, and was God.
The best way I know to explain the New testament is this. Though many will not understand it, much less see the truth in it. It is after a midresh, or if you like a parable.
A man goes to the house of Shimei and ask.
Good rabbi, teach me Torah as I stand on one foot.
The rabbi chased him out with a broom.
Undeterred the man goes to the house of Hillel, and ask, Good rabbi teach me the torah as I stand one foot.
Hillel says, Begin.
The man lifts one foot, and Hillel tells him, "Love the Lord with all your heart mind and spirit, the rest is commentary. Now go and study.