Mike Winger's "Why I think Calvinism is Unbiblical"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Aye can see that, though I lean more toward buccaneer. What does "aar" even mean anyway?
It's simply short for "aargg" for lazy pirates who will probably find themselves swabbing the deck or walking the plank later.
And a buccaneer is simply a pirate trying to rehabilitate his (or her) image. Down deep one is still a pirate.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
true repentance and faith
Can only happen if there is actual free will. Without free will, there is neither.
Which of course quashes your foolish (aka evil) pretensions that God condemns some and saves others.....BEFORE THEY ARE EVER BORN.

And if there is no free will then this parable is meaningless....and makes God a liar.
In fact this parable is CHOCK FULL of free will. Literally everything anyone ever did was of their own free will.
Of both sons and the father as well!

The Parable of the FORGIVING FATHER

11Then Jesus said, “There was a man who had two sons. 12The younger son said to him, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13After a few days, the younger son got everything together and journeyed to a distant country, where he squandered his wealth in wild living.

14After he had spent all he had, a severe famine swept through that country, and he began to be in need. 15So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed the pigs. 16He longed to fill his belly with the pods the pigs were eating, but no one would give him a thing.

17Finally he came to his senses and said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have plenty of food? But here I am, starving to death! 18I will get up and go back to my father and say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” ’

20So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still in the distance, his father saw him and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.

21The son declared, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.b

22But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let us feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again! He was lost and is found!’ So they began to celebrate.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
the plain truth of Scripture
Do you know what the plain truth of Scripture is regarding the time of tribulation and the motives of the AC?

Well let me fill in the blanks for you:

The total destruction of freedoms, free will, free society. Thats the ultimate goal.
A utterly tyrannical police state run by a super evil super-powered Satan-man dictator.

God, being good and righteous........steps into time and space. And ends the wicked depredations of Satan and his host.
And, being Saviour, emancipates all those who call on His Name.

No free will......no true life. Those who take the mark lose their free will.....the life given them by their Creator.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
If you can not understand that the righteousness that is written of only comes by grace through faith in the blood of Christ then please do not yet call yourself a Christian.

View attachment 264290
Maxamir, do you accept that Gentiles can be grafted out?

Romans 11:19-21
You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” Quite right,
they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited,
but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either

The Jews, God's elect, were grafted out.

This is a warning Maxamir, the Gentiles can also be grafted out again.

Jan 24, 2024
I readily admit that God endued creation in such a manner as to lead man to seek after Him. I further posit that God endued man with eternity in his heart so by his conscience he may know of the existence of God. But the natural man is not as man was created. If he were, there would be no need to be born from above.
So while God has shown His desires towards man, fallen man does not seek God...Romans 3. What was possible for Adam and Eve before sin is not possible for mankind since the fall. Your failure to acknowledge this is where I believe you err. Even given all that God has done in the natural creation, fallen man needs an act of God in spiritual creation to seek after God.
But man never dictates the Plan of God.

Like Acts 17 shows, God's Plan was that man could seek Him, not that man would.
And the Plan to die for man also would include that man could accept Jesus, not that man would.
But if the first Plan applied to "All humans" so would the second Plan because God is the Same yesterday, today, forever never changing.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
But man never dictates the Plan of God.

Like Acts 17 shows, God's Plan was that man could seek Him, not that man would.
And the Plan to die for man also would include that man could accept Jesus, not that man would.
But if the first Plan applied to "All humans" so would the second Plan because God is the Same yesterday, today, forever never changing.
This is laughable coming from you. You believe man can make any choice he wants. That makes man the captain of his own fate, and the master of his own soul.
And God being the same at all times refers to His attributes, and not His actions. Man in His fallen estate does not seek after God. Who do you suppose did that? Did man impose his own penalty?

Jan 24, 2024
This is laughable coming from you. You believe man can make any choice he wants. That makes man the captain of his own fate, and the master of his own soul.
And God being the same at all times refers to His attributes, and not His actions. Man in His fallen estate does not seek after God. Who do you suppose did that? Did man impose his own penalty?
No, I believe man has the right to accept God's invitation or reject it when he hears the Gospel preached. But none of that still has any bearing on God's Plan.

We see 5 times people heard the Gospel preached and believed and we have 1 example where they heard the Gospel preached, closed their ears, and then chose to kill/stone Stephen. So it shows we have free will in this choice when it is presented to us.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
No, I believe man has the right to accept God's invitation or reject it when he hears the Gospel preached. But none of that still has any bearing on God's Plan.

We see 5 times people heard the Gospel preached and believed and we have 1 example where they heard the Gospel preached, closed their ears, and then chose to kill/stone Stephen. So it shows we have free will in this choice when it is presented to us.
What those examples actually show is where God is working there is a different response than when He is not. Everyone rejects the gospel when God is not working in the hearts of individuals. Our actions reflect what is in our hearts.

Jan 24, 2024
What those examples actually show is where God is working there is a different response than when He is not. Everyone rejects the gospel when God is not working in the hearts of individuals. Our actions reflect what is in our hearts.
Stephen being full of the Holy Spirit preached the Gospel. God was there.

55 But he, full of the Holy Spirit

Try again!

Jan 24, 2024
Where in scripture do you see that?
There's no reason for people to stop hearing the Gospel by stopping their ears unless they want to reject what they are hearing.
Otherwise, as Paul puts it, hearing leads to believing. So if hearing leads to believing and in chapter 7 hearing leads to stopping their ears, it means the Gospel was penetrating their souls like it is supposed to do and does in every example we have in the Bible. It's also clear they were hearing and decided they wanted nothing to do with what they were hearing.

We have 5 examples of those who heard did this or that. That's more scripture than you can provide to say otherwise.