4th Industrial Revolution

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
GPT-5 is the JOB KILLER! Millions Set to Lose Everything!

80% of all jobs will be reduced by 80%. By that I think they mean that if it takes you 100 hours to do your job it will now take you 20 hours to do the same job. I suspect that as a result one person will be able to do the work of five people, I also suspect that a lot of jobs that are "high paid" will become minimum wage jobs. Finally, I think that one year of AI doing 80% of your job will result in it improving to where it can do 90% of your job and will be able to impact 90% of jobs. So this year it impacts 64% of employees, a year from now it will impact 81% of jobs.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Nvidia's New Computer Has Released A Terrifying WARNING To ALL Other Computers!

They have increased computing power by 2.5x. There is a direct correlation between AI's performance and its computing power. As a result of all their advancements they are in a position to have a single exaflop machine on a rack. That is almost 5,000x the power of what they had six years ago. Not only so but they can cut the training time for an AI by 2/3 and cut the power consumption as well.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
it would be an eye opener to see how many media agencies are doing this, probably more than one would think...
Even the people in most mainstream newspapers, TV , radio and various outlets simply regurgitate what the AP, Reuters, or gt give them as a press release.
I used to write press releases as a director of private, local, county and corporate entities.
The outlets liked that the hardest part of their jobs were essentially done for them.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Even the people in most mainstream newspapers, TV , radio and various outlets simply regurgitate what the AP, Reuters, or gt give them as a press release.
I used to write press releases as a director of private, local, county and corporate entities.
The outlets liked that the hardest part of their jobs were essentially done for them.
yes, they are teleprompter readers.

just reading talking points....

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
yes, they are teleprompter readers.

just reading talking points....
Soon those will be replaced with deep fake anchors

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

AI Gone WILD: Google's New AI - SEMANTICA, Elon Musk Says No One Will Work Anymore!

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

think about this, in 3 years it takes 50% of the jobs. That means you won't be hiring people for those jobs. Now imagine you are a kid in K-12, even if you are a senior this fall, you have five years before you graduate college and enter the workforce. Why would you pay $240k or more for four years of college?

Suppose you are a freshman in college this fall, what hope do you have of getting a job when you graduate?

But it is worse. Let's say you are a senior, do you have a chance at getting a job next June? I think you do, but not what you expect. At that point they will have the AI to replace you what they will need to do is train it. They will probably hire people to work on training the AI. This will be temporary work. And this will dry up quickly. Also, these trainee jobs are probably being filled right now. We see them training robots, etc. Soon, this summer, every Fortune 500 company will be paying for this AI and the managers will be doing an analysis to determine how many people they can eliminate as a result.

Now you can argue that you cannot replace an elementary school teacher with AI. But let's consider that. If AI takes 50% of jobs in three years aren't you going to have a whole bunch of parents at home? Also Khan academy already has Khanmigo which can tutor your kid in any subject and costs $35 a year. I think it will be very easy to homeschool, very cheap, and that will certainly be better if people are struggling to find income from jobs. Imagine half the kids stop going to public school in three years. What happens to the teachers? Also you will see computer labs with 50 kids replacing a classroom with two teachers and 25 students.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Now consider this, a fortune 500 company feels they need 5 years out of you to make it worth hiring you. They definitely don't want to hire someone that they will have to fire in two or three years. Now they might be hiring people on probation if the probation lasts for six months and then let you go around Christmas. Otherwise they'll probably hire contract labor. Generally the new hires each year represent 5-10% of their workforce. If they stop hiring new people over three years that would be 30%, if they offer incentives for early retirement that would probably give you another 20%. This announcement is a public notice to Fortune 500 companies to begin making changes.