As a person thinks in the present second, that controls me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Thoughts
As a man thinks, so is he.

Proverbs 23:7

Authorized (King James) Version

7 for as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:
Eat and drink, saith he to thee;
but his heart is not with thee.

read this from verse 1, Ask for insight from God

I get this insight, I am sharing.
How can "I" be angry without angry thought(s)
How can I stop sin, having thoughts of stopping sin?
Does sin take occasion by the command being told to not sin?
Being aware of sin can "I" stop it, and if "I" stop it, who then will get the credit, God or me? Or even both? Really

I see, this. My emotions predictable respond to whatever I am thinking at any given moment. Could this be why we are told in scripture to take all thought captive to the obedience of Christ
Does our emotions know any right or wrong?
Our Emotions can lead us or they can follow us. By our thought (mine at least) emotions follow whatever thought is on my mind and that can and does happen fast, maybe y'all too. Anger pours out, before I can get a hold on it, maybe y'all also.

2 Corinthians 10:5-7

Authorized (King James) Version

5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ’s, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ’s, even so are we Christ’s.

Trust: Did Jesus take away all sin on that cross, in his shedding of blood willingly or not? (John 1:29, Psalms 103:12, John 19:30)

Stand: in belief, as you go out and about in this world, even if troubles happen to you too! they will, it happens to everyone, some more than others, yet happens to all. Just as the rain falls on all, good or bad, matters not does it? if it does, you will get choked, I have been.

Stop/ remember truth, God sent Son to die for you in your deserved place of death. Discern from God now living in you by belief to the truth, he is risen alive forever, to never ever die ever again. Jesus, God in the flesh, went willingly to that cross without a fight of flesh.
He did it for who, you, me and all other people too. (1 John 2:1-4)
(Eph. 1:6-7.13) we are forgiven, accepted and sealed in the beloved.
That is done for us the people to believe it or not, Between God and you personally. Therefore, exercise this truth placed in you by God for you daily in thanksgiving and praise daily (Psalms 100:4, 103:12. Trusting God to do Ezekiel 36:26 in you. Even if you are caught up in sin, still right now. The new you begins, and you will stop sin over time and time again of trusting God to have taken it away, (John 1:29) God works with you, one sin at a time, not all at once, Son did the "All at once" on that cross for us all. (John 19:30) left only one choice to be given the new life as born again from God to you, you, me and the entire world of people, once anyone believes God in this truth of Son as risen for them too.

And once you see this truth, then you begin to stop sin(s), as new ones or even old other ones try to enter in and try to trap you again by Guilt and shame again. The reason why, is because it is you trying to not do what no flesh person can do. per Romans 7 and 8, Rom. 8:1-3. God took them away in Son for you to stand in belief to this truth for you too and continue in belief to "It is Finished" by Son that took away sin for you and all others too.
Believe, receive and be new in God Father for you. You can now yell out as Jesus did on that cross (It is Finished) for you
Thank you for reading, adhering and trusting to hear from Father of the risen Son Jesus for you too.

Attachments

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Take each day as it comes. Do not think about tomorrow. A day is sufficient for its own troubles. This is what Jesus says in Luke. Be controlled by thinking about the far future. But living for the present. The ultimate goal is eternity with God not various success in this life. The goodness will come in time, but focus on God.

May 22, 2024
Seek to follow phill4:
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.