Does anyone get ear pain when they’re stressed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 16, 2024
My heart rate also rises and it hurts my throat. My sinuses feel numb and head gets constricted.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
My heart rate also rises and it hurts my throat. My sinuses feel numb and head gets constricted.
I found that much of the pain people experience is due to inflammatory response or dehydration.

Here's one option that I use much of the time and target to try to get family members to follow.

Body Weight (pounds) ÷ 60 = _______
Then add 1.

Example :. A 180 pound person
Divided by 60 = 3 quarts water
Add 1 and that person has a target goal of 4 quarts or one gallon.
This should be adjusted for activity level and temperature.

The easiest way to achieve this is to have a pitcher filled at the beginning of the day with the proper amount and replace other beverages with water.

I take a quality mineral supplement to offset the minerals that are washed out.
Starting the morning with a quart or more is a great way to start the day.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Heart rate rising when stressed is pretty much a given. I can also see the head thing.
Possibilities for causes of some other pains may be where and how you carry stress. For myself when I'm stressed I can get headaches. Or tighten the muscles in my jaw. The hinge of the jaw is near the ear, so perhaps there's a connection there.
Next time you're stressed try to be aware of how your body reacts physically. Make a point to relax your body, especially any areas you find are more tense than the rest, see how that helps. You'll probably have to keep doing it as it's a natural response for you. But being aware can help minimize the effects.
I'd also advise stretching. Just basic stretching like how when people first wake up in the morning and stretch. Keep the muscles loose and try not to sit still for long periods while stressed.
The movement should help prevent the tension in your muscles from building up. Also if need be stretch your jaw or anywhere else you need to target.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I get jaw muscles tightening, clenching my teeth, and also if I am very stressed my chest area burns inside.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Sounds more like an allergy attack. Try saline spray and allergy nasal spray like astropro. Take a 24 hour allergy meds like zyrtex or xyzal. And then a allergy medication like advil allergy if still bothering.

If ears are still messed up try using a vibrating toothbrush on them. Just be careful about ear crystals moving. Will make you get vertigo.

If none of that works then get antibiotic at doctors. I deal with allergies every day of my life and have a lot of ear issues from it. Your ears are linked with your nervous system. But you probably won't find a doctor that says it's anxiety induced, especially with the other symptoms you have. Good luck