The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2019
Well it does, what He did for them He died for will bring them to follow Him as they are His Sheep, so its guaranteed.
Right and John Calvin also drowned people in the sea for disagreeing with him. This isn't really a conversation. Based on the topic, this is a conversation based on what the community here, what the majority of the community here believes, and it seems like every time it's about tulip or it's about grace, it's about specific dogmas, and I'm not a presbyterian, okay, I. Don't believe in a lot of this nonsense. So obviously I'm not gonna fit in with this community. I'll look elsewhere.

Nov 21, 2020
Right and John Calvin also drowned people in the sea for disagreeing with him. This isn't really a conversation. Based on the topic, this is a conversation based on what the community here, what the majority of the community here believes, and it seems like every time it's about tulip or it's about grace, it's about specific dogmas, and I'm not a presbyterian, okay, I. Don't believe in a lot of this nonsense. So obviously I'm not gonna fit in with this community. I'll look elsewhere.
Im finished with you, your focus is on men and not the accomplishment of Christ. see ya

Oct 10, 2019
So the question is, the atonement? What did it really accomplish? What does that mean? Google says Prepare Yourself Spiritually. The Atonement is the sacrifice Jesus Christ made to help us overcome sin, adversity, and death. So apparently Christ atonement is a call to purity, a call to holiness and a call to prepare ourselves spiritually. And all those things require a response.
Im talking about what Christ has done, you are focusing on man and not Christ. What about Christs faith and accomplishment ?
That wasn't specified in the topic. Just as john says if you say your a child of light but walk in darkness then your a liar. So our response to how god is working in our life is just as important. Jesus says if you love me then do what I tell you. He didn't say if your the chosen elect then enjoy the ride. Repentance, loving your enemies, and denying ourselves, are all proper responses for gods grace working in our life. Without our cooperation our faith is useless.

Oct 10, 2019
I would place John Calvin and most of the reformers in that camp. They say their children of light but the protistants first council couldn't agree on the faith. They split in like five different camps. They burned each other at the stake and went to war. And still division is growing. Are they children of light? If so then why do they walk in darkness? Why is there so much division? Does this display the fruit of the holy spirit? So far it would seem to me the tulip and hyper grace is rotten fruit.

Oct 10, 2019
Im finished with you, your focus is on men and not the accomplishment of Christ. see ya
And this is the fruit of John Calvin and the reformers everyone.This is the fruit that they offer. To cut people off and kill them because they have a disagreement about a theology that's not even essential to their salvation and relationship with God.Yeah , you're right , we are done. I won't be back to this site

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Sanctified by the Will of God

Many today in mans religion are willfully unaware of this Gospel fact, that those sinners Christ died for, are by His Death, and by the Will of God, Sanctified once for all.

Heb 10:5-10

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is the greek word
hagiazó and means:

I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify

to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify. See 40 (hagios).

The word is also in the perfect tense which means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

This is the case for every sinner Christ died for. And this is not the case for all sinners without exception. 57