Word Association

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
raises (as in calf raises. I do those often. I do curls using dumbbells, such as dumbbell bicep curls or hammer curls. I prefer hammer curls myself. I don't put curls in my hair. I have thick, long hair. It'd be an agonizing process!

Years ago I started out doing curls with 5 pound dumbbells, then 10 pounders then 12 then 15 and then 20. I have a stronger lower body though. Even so, I started working out at a place in a state park that has outside body weight machines. There are 3 different ones. You sit down and pull your body up. Most people do this with their feet on the ground making it easier, but I'm short and can't touch the ground lol. So I lift all of me up. One of the machines is easy and I can do good number of them (200+), but one of the machines is really tough and kicks my rear...but I do it. Personally, I don't like gyms. I like to workout outside.

Belle Starr was an outlaw here in Indian Territory (before Oklahoma became a state, it was called Indian Territory). It is said that no name is spoken more than hers in the tales of outlawery. A lot of stories about her are not accurate. Some of the stories about her that intrigue me is that she was a spy for Quantrell (for the Confederacy) and made many raids. She also was fond of telling children stories, and singing them gospel songs as she played her guitar. What is known for certain is that she was shot in the back and killed, which I personally think was cowardly. It is unknown who killed her.

In some ways, men are like sunlight, and women like moonlight. It would be a terrible place if the moon started giving sunlight also, because how would we keep cool at night, and also rest when it was so bright?
I love this^! Very nice!!

I imagine a world where men and women work together as God intended. I think that combination is a powerful force, which was what was intended in the beginning. So, of course, I believe that destroying that incredibly powerful combination and the family unit gives Satan great pleasure.

Btw, Cassidy, the fella who beheaded Baphomet, was charged with a hate crime. He just recently took a plea deal: "...two years probation, an $855 civil penalty, and to pay restitution in an amount to be determined."

That said, in times past and even today, some people have been terribly cruel whether due to gender or race or something else. :| So can understand people being defensive and supporting such groups to a degree, also.
I agree!

I also agree with you about outlaws. Not all outlaws should have a bad rep. I grew up in the Osage where there are a lot of hills. My great-great grandmother lived at the bottom of a hill and outlaws lived on top of the hill. They'd come down from the hill and pay her to do their laundry.

You've done most bravely and wisely in eliminating the worst of the Barbies! And if you end up being forced to become an outlaw, you're assured to still have my full support!)

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
elevates (Wow! It sounds like you would be very strong. Lol - and I definitely can understand why you wouldn't curl your hair! :)

Belle Starr does sound like a very interesting character, and with only knowing the little I have learned in two days, can well believe she was involved in some sort of espionage or conspiracy, given the manner of her death. Like you say, a cowardly way to kill someone... But perhaps if the death were a necessary part of business, the cowardly way would be the most expedient? I would have thought if her death were the avenging of a personal wrong or a crime of passion, there would have been more than just a shooting in the back... Unless the killer really was terrified of her?

Yeah, it's almost laughable (if it wasn't so tragic) what the devil weaving a bit (okay, maybe more than a bit!) of deception has been able to achieve. You are right - men and women working together would have been an incredibly powerful force for good (and probably were in the past). I guess I now understand why lies (such as the devil has spread) are just as evil as murder, as that is what those lies have accomplished.

That's sad about Cassidy, although he does have a cool-sounding name (I had forgotten until you reminded me). I would be all for going Gideon on such demonic statues wherever they infest the land - and hold their supporters to just account, if they dare to acknowledge their support by requesting compensation for disposal of their abominations.)

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
hoist (I'm not very strong. Just yesterday I had a hemophobic episode. All those people who work with blood everyday are a lot stronger than me.

Belle lived during the wild west. A lot of dastardly things happened back then. If I could go back in time, I go back to the late 1800s to see Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. Mainly to watch Annie Oakley's sharp shooting.

We used to have a 10 Commandments statue at our capital in Oklahoma. The satanist commissioned a Baphomet statue in protest of the 10 Commandments statue. Also, some guy urinated on the 10 Commandments statue and then drove his car into it, claiming Satan told him to. In 2015, it had to be removed due to being "unconstitutional.")