- Oct 25, 2016
Minister, his wife and teen son face assault charges for 'choking cop' during skirmish over runaway girl the 17-year-old boy had 'impregnated'
- Prosecutors have filed 12 charges, including aggravated assault, against Georgia minister Wilmer Cruz, his wife Cristina and their son, Wilmer Cruz Jr.
- The charges stem from a March 24 incident involving the Cruz family and police
- Officer Ryan Long went to the minister's church on a call about a missing girl
- The girl was apparently impregnated by the minister's 17-year-old son
- When he got to the church he and several other officers were suddenly attacked
- Wilmer Sr. and Wilmer Jr. allegedly pinned him up against a glass door and choked him so hard he couldn't breathe