Recent content by Rose1956

  1. Rose1956

    I don't want to be a doormat.

    Update......The Police said there is nothing they can do, but to take him to small claims court, which I did. He did not show up, so he lost of course. He had 30 days to pay, which he did not do, of course. So now I have to file more paperwork, eventually the court will confiscate a belonging...
  2. Rose1956

    Anyone a divorcee?

    Hi Sugarysweet, I am sorry about what you are going through. I know the pain as I have been through it. You don't say how long you were together, if there are children, reason for the divorce, etc. I don't need to know, just want to say that you should look over the time you had together...
  3. Rose1956

    I don't want to be a doormat.

    I thank you all for your input, lots of good advice and things to think and pray about. I have also received advice from my pastor and a number of local friends. I have decided to take him to small claims court. The contract has his full name, address, phone, signature and date. The day I...
  4. Rose1956

    Anyone a divorcee?

    Hi Stephy13, Welcome to CC, I hope it is beneficial to you. I was married at 20, too young, we had 3 kids, and were divorced after 23 years. I never thought it would happen to me, and Biblically I did not believe in it. But our years were very difficult on me (and the kids). He was a...
  5. Rose1956

    Isolated

    One correction.....a regular physician can prescribe anti-depressants, I've been on them for years due to past abuse, never seen a psychiatrist. Otherwise, good message.
  6. Rose1956

    Isolated

    Hello again M1chaeL, It's so good to know that you have gone to God with your problems, keep going to church, reading your Bible, and praying, they will all help. It's good to know you recognize you have issues, but you have to remember, we all do. You would be amazed how many people feel the...
  7. Rose1956

    God is so good🙏🏼

    Welcome Alexis, I've only been here a couple of weeks myself. I hope God blesses you with lots of positive interactions here and in your life.
  8. Rose1956

    Suicide

    Back in the mid 90's I worked in a foster care home for teen girls, pregnant or with babies. I think all of them were on antidepressants, many to the point they were barely functional. I had no experience with this but it angered me. Of course they are depressed, they are teenage...
  9. Rose1956

    How to act around friends

    Hi M1chael, old lady here, crossing the lines between forums, I hope you don't mind. I really respect your interest and commitment to God, very admirable in a teenager. You should not turn away from your true interest, instead, push toward it. God loves you and will always be your friend. I...
  10. Rose1956

    Are you happy with who you are right now?

    I am a child of God, so I am secure in my future and eternity. I am a work in progress, growing spiritually. However I have had a bit of a rough life, still learning to deal with the after effects. I have struggles with physical, mental, financial, social, and spiritual aspects. But I know...
  11. Rose1956

    Do I love him

    Hello Embal, I am pretty new on this app and I have been hesitant to enter the teenage forums. I am 63, older makes wiser, sometimes, lol. I have always enjoyed teens, and ran church youth groups for years, but I did not want to invade privacy. I do see several familiar names from the adult...
  12. Rose1956

    The Number 40

    What a great question! We didn't come up with an answer, but you sure sparked some good conversation.
  13. Rose1956

    Raising boys or girls?

    I do think it depends on the personality and temperament of the child, and their placement in birth order can also have some influence. That being said, I raised a boy (1st born), and 2 girls (the youngest being adopted). My son was the picture perfect child. Always well behaved, well...