1111 meaning to a simple woman??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ams111

Hi y'all,
I signed up for this chat to ask this question that I am in hopes the Christians here can help answer.
The question is seemingly silly, but I am hoping to get the answers I need.

I know numbers are significant in the Bible, but what do they mean to us. Specifically, I have been seeing the numbers 111 or 1111 so many times since the new year. It's on my digital clock, my car clock, even the kitchen timer.
I asked a preacher friend and he says that it is significant to the end of the world. The Internet says that it symbolizes the trilogy.

Any thoughts what this might mean in a simple woman's life. I am working on writing a book in the following genre--i know it sounds like an oxymoron--it is called historical, Christian non-fiction.
Thanks,
Ams

K

kenisyes

Bilbical Hebrew uses the letters to write numbers as well as to write words. The system of preaching from the numbers that words spell out is called gematria. This link will take you to the 111 page. HEBREW GEMATRIA File #2: Values from 100 - 299
The 1111 page requires a cross reference, as there are no Biblical words using 1111 from the days of Jesus, but a new system was added later that produces 3. The three are Melek Yitzrael meaning "King of Israel", aiton meaning "longlasting", and gebton meaning "elevation". There is also Greek gematria, but I know of no reverse lookup dictionary.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Specifically, I have been seeing the numbers 111 or 1111 so many times since the new year. It's on my digital clock, my car clock, even the kitchen timer.
I don't have much knowledge on the meaning of numbers, but I think you might be taking it a bit too far with the above quote...those times happen 4 times within a 24 hour period. You're bound to see them...

A

Ams111

I know it seems like a silly thing, and I have maybe put significance where I shouldn't. On the other hand, as the above note shows, the mysteries of the Bible are far beyond what my brain can comprehend. Thanks for your input. Ams

A

Ams111

Hi,
Thanks for the quick and informative response. I know the Bible is The Word and God-inspired. I have studied many years and am just scratching the surface. I think I know, too, that certain numbers are repetitive and therefore significant.

I would very much like to study Biblical Hebrew for the writing I intend to pursue from now on.

To my knowledge, please interject hre, but there are not many complete books in the Bible that were originally written in Greek.

Thanks, Ams

K

kenisyes

The entire NT that we have was written in Greek. Some believe that parts may have been written in Aramaic, but we have no copies so we do not know. Aramaic is the more modern Hebrew spoken in Jesus' time, like English and Old English. Almost the entire OT is written in Hebrew, except for a few chapters of Daniel written in Aramaic. This is true of the Protestant OT. The Catholic Bible contains several OT books (Aprocrypha) which were written in Greek. Becuase they were written in Greek, the Jewish rabbis did not accept after 195AD, but there were arguments over this, and that is why some bibles have these books, and some do not.

There are more books of the OT than the NT, so by actual count MOST of the Bible is Hebrew. If you are a Christian, MOST of what you go by is probably Greek (depending on your denomination).

Care to tell us more about the book you are writing?

U

Ugly

I don't place a lot of emphasis on numbers. What tends to happen with people, is they notice something, for whatever reason, it sticks out to them, and because of that, they all of a sudden start seeing it all over. I don't believe that its that its suddenly popping up, but rather, since your mind has put an emphasis on it, it becomes noticed, whereas before, when there was no emphasis on it, you didn't notice the same things.
I've had it happen to me on numerous occasions. I dated a woman from TN once. She dumped me in a very harsh manner. Suddenly everywhere i turned i heard TN. Was it because it suddenly started coming up? Nope, i was just now more aware, and when it came up, it flagged in my brain. It only seemed to suddenly show up more often.

A

Ams111

Hi,

Of course you are right regarding the languages. I guess I was getting Greek and Aramaic confused in my haze. I have been sickly going on two months now.

I am just getting started on my master's portfolio with the intent of having a book length product when I am finished in two years. I am a Christian and I love the whole Word, but I tend to know more about the OT.

My idea is to write on stones in the Bible. The current story I am focusing on is set during King Solomon's reign. It is a little tricky to write, because I want to focus on Psalm 118:22, too, on the rejected cornerstone, which is more like a parable than an actual event; however, this ideology is infused in the NT with Jesus himself addressing the topic.

Anyway I am going to write the story as if Psalm 118:22 actually happened infusing characters from King Solomon's early reign, before his descent into paganism presented to him, and accepted by him, stemming from his many foreign wives.

Whoo, I'm tired just writing about what I'm writing about. Please pray that I have the stamina to see this through.

Thanks, Ams

A

Ams111

Hi,

I think you are more than likely right. I am just seeing this because I have focused in on this strange phenomena. It's like driving a brand new car and then realizing how many cars are around just like yours.

I'm tending to lean towards your opinion. I guess there is a certain intrigue in thinking maybe there is another way that God points out things in one's life.

I'm sure of one thing: if God wants to, He will get his point across to me in his time and in his will.

T

Tintin

Ever seen the Jim Carrey movie, Number 23? Yeah, that's it. There's nothing supernatural or meaningful about the number 111.

K

kenisyes

Ams, you cannot do the topic justice without looking at the legend of the shamir, and how Solomon recovered it. Before you dismiss it as non-hisotrical, read the entire description how it worked, and compare it to laser engraving. Shamir

A

Ams111

Hi,
That sounds very interesting. I will read through the link in-depth when I get to my computer. I'm on my iPhone now. Thanks.

D

danschance

Specifically, I have been seeing the numbers 111 or 1111 so many times since the new year. It's on my digital clock, my car clock, even the kitchen timer.
Yes, I am familiar with this phenomena. It is rooted in the new age. A few Christians have even been fooled by this and claim it is God's way of telling us the time is short. In the New Age, they think it ties in with the Mayan calendar.

I myself experienced this for a short time I would look at the clock and it would be 11:11 many more times than one would see it just by coincidence.

If you are seeing this, there might be a deliverance issue you need to address in your life. It does not come from God, but it is something that comes from the demonic. For me, it did last long as I employed some deliverance techniques and put a stop to it.

K

kenisyes

412 does this for me. Many years ago, in ministry, I met my first Jewish rabbi, and my wife and I became friends with him and his wife. He remarked that the Temple "parsonage" had the street address 412, and that is the Hebrew number for the word "beit", meaning "house". That was a nice coincidence. Since then, every time I see 412, I think about that, and so I tend to think I see 412 a lot.

D

danschance

This is something a friend of mine wrote about 11:11. She is a former New Ager and former psychic, now serving Jesus faithfully.

11:11 is a movement and a teaching based on a set of "energies" or spirit beings. There is a book called 11:11 (which I read years ago and which was the undoing of my first marriage). There are 11:11 groups (cults), gatherings, meditations and activations.
Many new agers consider 11:11 a "wake-up call," a prompt, a spiritual gateway, doorway, or bridge into "oneness," meaning spiritual evolution (toward personal divinity.) It is closely intertwined with Hinduism and Buddhism.

Solara, the author of 11:11 (the book) says 11:11 is not a religion. She is right. It is much more than a religion. It is a cosmology and an entire worldview. She says you do not have to give up your religion to align with 11:11. This is true. But once you have aligned with it, the spirits behind it will dismantle your previous worldview, including your faith in anything that does not support Hinduism and Buddhism.

Aligning with 11:11 leads you into what is known as the "Greater Reality," which will allow you to connect with the spirit guides (a.k.a. Midwayers) that will "assist" you in spiritual evolution, or to put it plainly the process of becoming your own god.

The 11:11 Progress group says the following:

These 11:11 Wake-Up Calls on your digital clocks, mobile phones, VCR’s and microwaves are the "trademark" prompts of a group of just 1,111 fun-loving Spirit Guardians, or Angels, and the 11:11 prompt is their way of using our innate ability for pattern recognition to let us know that they are here. Once they have your attention, they will use other digits, like 12:34, or 2:22 to remind you of their presence. Invisible to our eyes, they are very real.

Our earthly 1,111 Spirit Guardians, often called "Midwayers," have been assisting folks of all walks of life for many centuries.

Once you have allowed the Midwayers to begin communicating with you, they will begin to fill your mind with false ideas about personal spiritual significance, power, supremacy and mastery. These are just variations of Satan's original lie - that he (and we) can be synonymous with (or above) God, our holy creator.

“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” Genesis 3:4-5

You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.[a]
I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.”
Isaiah 14:13-14

When we "make a wish on 11:11," or on 1/11/11, or 11/11/11 or 12/12 or 1234 or 333, or any other such number, we are initiating contact with these Midwayers and inviting them into our lives. You do not want these beings in your life. I lived with them. They are not kind spirits. They are deceiving spirits. Demons. And don't think they won't answer when you "call" by engaging in such activities. They are real and they are not messing around. They want to destroy you and will take any opportunity they can get.

Please remember, Satan is a thief. And a thief doesn't care if you leave your door open unintentionally. You'll still be robbed.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Everybody involved in this thread has moved on almost a decade ago. Also I don't think angels have to resort to such crude, circuitous measures to communicate.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Everybody involved in this thread has moved on almost a decade ago. Also I don't think angels have to resort to such crude, circuitous measures to communicate.
Why simple and straightforward if it can be complicated and ambiguous?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Why simple and straightforward if it can be complicated and ambiguous?
BLASPHEMY! Go say three Hail Marys, five Our Fathers, the Pythagorean Theorem and four Laws of Robotics, you heretic!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I believe there is something to it, and 11:11 has come up for me and a friend for some time, we notice the Lord prompting us in the spirit before it is shown. we know Holy Spirit guides, speaks and shows us all truth. I would not explain away something like this as a coincidence or a naturally explained thing as we are clearly guided to take ALL things to the Lord first that He may make our path straight. Does this resonate in your spirit? If so, that is His leading that it is spiritually significant.
Blessings, in Jesus name