13 Russians Charged for Election Meddling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Looks like the Russians used US social media to influence the US election. Seems that they decided early to push Trump and Sanders against their primary opponents.

IMHO this was one of many social media disinformation campaign troll schemes waged by a wide variety of organizations. No one running was immune.

13 Russian Nationals charged in Mueller investigation

F

FenceMan

Yeah, the only reason they are giving this so much attention is because they hope to find evidence that Trump somehow directed them to do this, thus proving the election was won unfairly and promoting a reason to have him impeached. But I'm sure there were thousands and thousands of fake ads out there from a variety of organizations, as you say. They just didn't happen to be led by Russians...

Personally, I didn't even have social media at the time, so it had no effect whatsoever on me. :p

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone can buy ad space.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I wonder if this investigation will lead to Obama being indicted in Israel for using US money to campaign against BiBi Netanyahu.

Aug 2, 2009
So having a website that creates fake news now qualifies as "election meddling"....

I was under the impression that someone had to actually physically tamper with votes or voting machines to qualify for such a charge.. But what do I know.. :p

S

SpoonJuly

Looks like the Russians used US social media to influence the US election. Seems that they decided early to push Trump and Sanders against their primary opponents.

IMHO this was one of many social media disinformation campaign troll schemes waged by a wide variety of organizations. No one running was immune.

13 Russian Nationals charged in Mueller investigation
This just shows how ignorant the American voters are.

S

Society

Ah I love the sound of goalposts scrapping as they get moved.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Looks like the Russians used US social media to influence the US election.
Since there was zero evidence that the elections were influenced in any way, that is incorrect. The objective was to sow discord and anarchy in America, and that was hugely successful. As to pro-Trump vs pro-Hillary activities, there was no comparison whatsoever, and it was mostly pro-Clinton.

Even so, since Mueller can't touch these Russians, this was just another attempt to justify wasting millions of dollars on a fake investigation based upon total garbage. What should have really happened at this point is that Mueller and his gang of investigators, Sessions, Wray, and all the top brass of the FBI and DOJ should have been immediately FIRED. Their inaction on the Florida shooter was more evidence of corruption and incompetence at the highest levels.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
This just shows how ignorant the American voters are.
They are not ignorant but uninformed.

but I believe President Trump is the better candidate even he made a lot of sins in the past.

I believe he is generous, good father, and helpful man despite of his nastiness.

besides in the Bible, early Christians are not that well educated but in God's eyes they know the Truth which the well educated Romans, Greeks and Jews never know (read 1 Corinthians Chapter 1)

Knowing the truth sometimes need a good heart to distinguish it.

so never belittle the so called ignorant.

Nov 23, 2016
I see perfectly clear now. 13 Russian's can influence the U.S. election ... but millions of illegal alien voters can't ? Those dastardly Russian's :rolleyes:.

S

SpoonJuly

They are not ignorant but uninformed.

but I believe President Trump is the better candidate even he made a lot of sins in the past.

I believe he is generous, good father, and helpful man despite of his nastiness.

besides in the Bible, early Christians are not that well educated but in God's eyes they know the Truth which the well educated Romans, Greeks and Jews never know (read 1 Corinthians Chapter 1)

Knowing the truth sometimes need a good heart to distinguish it.

so never belittle the so called ignorant.
IGNORANT--lacking knowledge, uninformed, or awareness about something in particular

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
JUST 13?

Shoot, Obama had more than that in Israel working against Benji during his last Election Campaign

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah really. I'll start complaining about Russia's speck after we remove our plank.

JUST 13?

Shoot, Obama had more than that in Israel working against Benji during his last Election Campaign

S

Susanna

After reading the posts in this thread I'm a little worried about people's reflections on Russia.

Keep in mind that "Ivan" has an agenda of his own, of which necessarily isn't in the best interest of the Western world.

I'm sure being pro Russian on a website isn't that questionable due to the fact that most of you doubtlessly have good intentions.

Yet I'd advice against being on too friendly terms with a foreign government.

Seeing how people are developing a positive impression of Russia, is telling me that they are succeding in their efforts of divide et impera.

This is just a friendly advice.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
After reading the posts in this thread I'm a little worried about people's reflections on Russia.

Keep in mind that "Ivan" has an agenda of his own, of which necessarily isn't in the best interest of the Western world.

I'm sure being pro Russian on a website isn't that questionable due to the fact that most of you doubtlessly have good intentions.

Yet I'd advice against being on too friendly terms with a foreign government.

Seeing how people are developing a positive impression of Russia, is telling me that they are succeding in their efforts of divide et impera.

This is just a friendly advice.
I don't think anyone thinks positively about Russia. I'm still disappointed the cold war ended before I could bayonet the reds. I just don't think any of this is new, or of any real consequence.

Sep 14, 2017
Ya gotta blame somebody you can't touch when you fail miserably at blaming the President.

How could they find a better scapegoat?

S

Susanna

I don't think anyone thinks positively about Russia. I'm still disappointed the cold war ended before I could bayonet the reds. I just don't think any of this is new, or of any real consequence.
It's not new. It has been going on for decades. What's new is that they are being more succesful at what they do now.

The strange thing is that their intelligence doesn't even bother to change their methods. What's even more strange is that they don't even have to. People don't recognize it.

One major problem is that the foreign power problem is being exclusively connected with Trump. That is a cul-de-sac.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans are being played. At this point the Democrats are spending their energy on tying Trump to said foreign power, but they are unable to comprehend that they are doing exatcly what said foreign power wants them to.

It's so simple, yet extremely effective.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I believe that more people from the cemeteries voted for Hillary than Russian influenced voters voted for President Trump.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
How precisely are the Russians more successful with election meddling than they were during the Cold War?

Even by your standard of attention paid to the event. At no point in time has there been more spurging out over Russian involvement than now. Not even when Kruschev made it his favorite hobby in the 50's and 60's or when Ted Kennedy went on his little miss-adventure.

I'm willing to believe just about any bad thing concerning a national leader, but I fail to see any special relationship between Trump and Putin. Especially in comparison to Obama and W. who were each more openly conciliatory. Heck, our own military just wiped out more Russian soldiers in one day than at any point during the Cold War.

If the best we can come up with is 13 fake news trolls, then Tommy has it right- our own nation has done its own fair share of interfering with free elections in the last decade alone. We shouldn't shy from tossing stones at Russia, but not while we sit atop a glass house. It's untenable.

It's not new. It has been going on for decades. What's new is that they are being more succesful at what they do now.

The strange thing is that their intelligence doesn't even bother to change their methods. What's even more strange is that they don't even have to. People don't recognize it.

One major problem is that the foreign power problem is being exclusively connected with Trump. That is a cul-de-sac.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans are being played. At this point the Democrats are spending their energy on tying Trump to said foreign power, but they are unable to comprehend that they are doing exatcly what said foreign power wants them to.

It's so simple, yet extremely effective.