13 Russians Charged for Election Meddling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It's somewhat interesting to observe that once a person is mentioning Russia on here, people will be screaming "Hillary voter" at you instantly. Even though you are literally saying the opposite in your post.

HAHA
Did you vote Hillary?

I was so hoping Hillary would bust hwr head on the glass ceiling.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I suppose I'm confused by what you meant in the emboldened paragraph.

Connected how and by whom? How is it a cul de sac?

It's not new. It has been going on for decades. What's new is that they are being more succesful at what they do now.

The strange thing is that their intelligence doesn't even bother to change their methods. What's even more strange is that they don't even have to. People don't recognize it.

One major problem is that the foreign power problem is being exclusively connected with Trump. That is a cul-de-sac.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans are being played. At this point the Democrats are spending their energy on tying Trump to said foreign power, but they are unable to comprehend that they are doing exatcly what said foreign power wants them to.

It's so simple, yet extremely effective.
My major disagreement is that this bit of interference doesn't match their effectiveness at undermining American elections during the early-mid Cold War.

Nor is it something we Americans can justly complain about when our government does similar things to this day.

S

Susanna

I suppose I'm confused by what you meant in the emboldened paragraph.

Connected how and by whom? How is it a cul de sac?

My major disagreement is that this bit of interference doesn't match their effectiveness at undermining American elections during the early-mid Cold War.

Nor is it something we Americans can justly complain about when our government does similar things to this day.
I'm talking about the investigation by Mr. Mueller. A broader perspective would serve the country better. The best solution would be closing down the investigation. The politcal unrest all these allegations and accusations have caused is the major foreign achievement here. Investigating Trump is, maybe, just a dead end.

When playing a board game I'd say it would not be fair complaining about another player cheating, when you are doing it yourself given the opportunity.

A country, on the other hand, will always be justly complaining when another country is meddling. That's the law of the land(s).

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'm talking about the investigation by Mr. Mueller. A broader perspective would serve the country better. The best solution would be closing down the investigation. The politcal unrest all these allegations and accusations have caused is the major foreign achievement here. Investigating Trump is, maybe, just a dead end.
Ah. Okay, we're about the same here. I wouldn't say it's a foreign achievement as much as it is a monument to our own fecklessness.

When playing a board game I'd say it would not be fair complaining about another player cheating, when you are doing it yourself given the opportunity.

A country, on the other hand, will always be justly complaining when another country is meddling. That's the law of the land(s).
I'll have to part ways with you there, ethically speaking. I think either you go the full realist route and say "Hate the game, not the player" or deal with other nations by way of a consistent standard of justice and fairness. Particularly when a peaceful democracy or republic is choosing its fate in an election.

S

Susanna

Ah. Okay, we're about the same here. I wouldn't say it's a foreign achievement as much as it is a monument to our own fecklessness.

I'll have to part ways with you there, ethically speaking. I think either you go the full realist route and say "Hate the game, not the player" or deal with other nations by way of a consistent standard of justice and fairness. Particularly when a peaceful democracy or republic is choosing its fate in an election.
In terms of ethics you're right, but we can't always afford being ethical.

Sometimes a peaceful democracy plays a significant role in a strategic plan...like the pawns in a chess game.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
What's peaceful about democracy?

Democracy = mob rule.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I don't fall back to strictly Aristotelian terminology.

Fine, "free and representative republican elections."

It's a mouthful, but are we happy?

What's peaceful about democracy?

Democracy = mob rule.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

Nice pic....

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Just here to rep for the Motherland.

S

Susanna

I like that. The abbrevation is nice also, FRRE...it's like a Russian trying to say "Free".

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah, but it also sounds like an acrostic from some lame corporate seminar.

"When a customer comes to you with a problem, remember FRRE

Friendly

Responsible

Reliable

Explanations"

I like that. The abbrevation is nice also, FRRE...it's like a Russian trying to say "Free".

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
That's right. I know everything about your decadent business structures fomenting indolence and alienation among the working class.

I also can't decide which era of Russia I represent.

ALL of them! Long live the Tsar and the Golden Horde!

S

Susanna

That's right. I know everything about your decadent business structures fomenting indolence and alienation among the working class.

I also can't decide which era of Russia I represent.

ALL of them! Long live the Tsar and the Golden Horde!
It looks like you're representing the pre Tsar Nikolai 2nd era.