2 kinds of faith.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

There are 2 kinds of faith we must have. Faith in God is the most persued one in the Christian Life today. Faith comes by hearing. James adds that doing and not being hearers only is most pleasing to God.
There are times in our walk of faith that we fall short. We get it wrong. We backslide. We get emotional instead of spiritual.
Then there are times where life steps in and takes us on a rollercoaster ride, or tragic events happen. Hurtful things. Death of love ones ect.
We find ourselves depressed, lonely, discouraged,
With all our strength we muster to believe God and say he is in control. We cry out but it seems he is far from us.
Scripture tells us to be quiet and still when we are at this point which sometimes is the only thing we can do.

Now the second or secondary faith we need to focus on. Who we are in Christ. Satan wouldn't like anything better than to rip you off stamp failure on your head and and kick you to the curb. But saints, friends of God , sons and daughters of the most high, light and salt of the earth, ambassadors of Christ, precious jewel, beloved, holy people, church, bride, apple of his eye, sister, brother, redeemed, new creature, ....blessed....and the list goes on.
Are you going to let him?

For God so loved you and thought you were worth it that he gave his only son that if all you read in his word is true then believe what he says about you .

Faith in God .....faith in what God has made and calls you.......thank you Jesus..

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! pottersclay... PTL!
To me, in a practical sense; there's the faith I have for Jesus as my Lord and Savior, which is solid as a rock. And then there's the faith that I strive to attain to as I pray for a particular prayer request. Actually, if I can be sure its something that I know the Lord would want, I just keep striving to believe as I assume the Lord is just trying my faith again so that I'll learn to persevere even more.
Maranatha!

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
it clearly takes faith just to believe in God because you read about He exists and is real, but appearance wise, God has not been on earth for 2,000 years. and the Bible to unbelievers have that mythical sense about it, as in it's a story from long ago and that is all it is. so to actually believe in God and profess/confess God in your life takes a definite amount of faith. because to prove God is real in your life, literally requires understanding how the Holy Spirit guides us, helps us, and to be alert enough to see God actually working in our personal lives.

and then once you believe, it takes an additional kind of faith to put your beliefs into action. to go up to that stranger and offer prayer when you can see something is wrong, to go to the hospital and pray for the sick to be healed, to live like you actually have a real one on one relationship with God where you are in constant communication, and to just know that you know God is there with you at ALL TIMES!!

this walk is definitely the most uneasy path you will ever experience. because the mountain tops of victory lead right into the lonely valleys of trouble and doubt. every time you see something amazing from God, the next moment the adversary has a trap waiting on you. there are moments of assuredness and you can feel the presence of God everywhere throughout your life. and then it's like God just up and disappeared on you when literally all hades is breaking loose. but as difficult this path can be, there is nothing else that you can compare the rewards to.

Mar 28, 2016
There is the faith of God (God's witness) as that which comes from hearing Him through the scriptures. By it as it is written with the word it representing the faith of God men that have "no faith" Then men can have their new born again faith towards God .

In the book of Philippian we see the faith of (coming from) God as the righteousness of God that we might be found with a faith in (towards) Him not seen.

In and of two, different directions.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Natural man is shown as having "no faith" not little but again none.

Deuteronomy 32:20And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

The witness of men as that seen is something we can trust. Like the wife's cooking in a hope their is no antifreeze or another will pay the bills on time .But is the kind of faith or witness that can diapponit us .By the faith of God we know he cannot lie .

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Mar 28, 2016
If I could offer another of use of what I will call a no faith(doctrine) not little but none in respect to those who have not been born again from above after the incorruptible seed of God's word .

The disciples who did have the born again faith of Christ were reckoned as having little faith. They were not reasoning by all things written in the law and the prophets(sola scriptura) But again were reasoning after the philosophies of men, the wisdom of this world according to the god of this world. Not seeing bread or not mixing faith in the parable as pertaining to the word of God, as to the spiritual understand hid from those who have "no faith". Jesus when alone with his born again ones revealed the meaning to those who had little faith .

He must increase we must continual all the days of our lives decrease .

Matthew 16:8 Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Two kinds of faith? Perhaps there is life giving faith and there is death giving faith. Death giving faith is probably easier described as no faith.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The word of God only produces one kind of faith not two.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

P

pottersclay

Two kinds of faith? Perhaps there is life giving faith and there is death giving faith. Death giving faith is probably easier described as no faith.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The word of God only produces one kind of faith not two.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

This was to edify the body not to pick things apart. But if we must go there then so be it.
The scripture you posted was for those who are seeking. But fellowship is a balance of who God is and who we become in Christ.
We forget when we get knocked around and fail how God sees us.
As a encouragement I posted this thread to remind those saints that the Lord doesn't change his view on us even though we seem to think he has.
God is excited about us it's his good pleasure to give us the kingdom. We will fail, we will dispair, we are not perfect, we will be broken, in fact we all are broken that's why we need Jesus.
That's why we need to be reminded of how Gods sees us.
Without faith it's impossible to please him for sure but we need also to have faith that he will complete what he has started in us.
We are set apart, a royal priesthood, regardless of any short comings.
We were saved by grace saint not works grace because God wanted to save us. His love for us is unmeasurable.
To be that "new creature" in Christ we must have faith that we are that creature.
Are we sinners because we sin.....no...... we sin because we're sinners.
We are more than just repented sinners thank you Jesus....he has made us sons and daughters of the most high.

Mar 28, 2016
This was to edify the body not to pick things apart. But if we must go there then so be it.
The scripture you posted was for those who are seeking. But fellowship is a balance of who God is and who we become in Christ.
We forget when we get knocked around and fail how God sees us.
As a encouragement I posted this thread to remind those saints that the Lord doesn't change his view on us even though we seem to think he has.
God is excited about us it's his good pleasure to give us the kingdom. We will fail, we will dispair, we are not perfect, we will be broken, in fact we all are broken that's why we need Jesus.
That's why we need to be reminded of how Gods sees us.
Without faith it's impossible to please him for sure but we need also to have faith that he will complete what he has started in us.
We are set apart, a royal priesthood, regardless of any short comings.
We were saved by grace saint not works grace because God wanted to save us. His love for us is unmeasurable.
To be that "new creature" in Christ we must have faith that we are that creature.
Are we sinners because we sin.....no...... we sin because we're sinners.
We are more than just repented sinners thank you Jesus....he has made us sons and daughters of the most high.
We are saved by the work of Christ faith as a labor of His three day work of love not of our own selves That work of His faith gives us the grace to know God .Before we are given the eternal faith of God we were reckoned as having "no faith" . Not little but none.

Faith is the gift