3 Things Impossible for Man

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graybeard

Answer this question. Why is blasphemy against the Son forgiven of men and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit not forgiven of men? If both blasphemies are sin, why is one forgiven and the other not? Your answer can't be, because the word says so, even though that is true. You have to find an answer that explains why the two kinds of blasphemies are different in the eyes of God. If they were not different then both would be forgiven of men or both would not be forgiven of men. Might the issue be who is being blasphemed and what is being said of the one being blasphemed? Think about those things.
I reason it to the fact that all fruits or works in The Lord are done by The Holy Spirit, and by declaring that those works/fruits are from Satan or evil will grieve The Holy Spirit, these same works /fruits are not done by Jesus but rather through Him by The Holy Spirit. I think there is so much more to The Holy Spirit that we do not understand how these effect Him.

G

greatkraw

I'm confused with No.2, I thought anything evil was against God, and anything against God is sin.

It is important to understand that evil is not necessarily sin.

In God's eyes Human Good is evil; because Divine Good is good.

That is why unbelievers will be condemned, not by their sins, but by their human good.

G

Graybeard

It is important to understand that evil is not necessarily sin.

In God's eyes Human Good is evil; because Divine Good is good.

That is why unbelievers will be condemned, not by their sins, but by their human good.
I have to disagree purely because "evil" is against God and what is against God is sin in my understanding

G

greatkraw

Believers also will be rewarded according to their deeds. Those good or positive things done in their own strength will be burned away. Only positive things done in God's strength will remain and be rewarded. This is the process by which...

'...His bride has made herself ready.....'

Jan 8, 2009
IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT.
It most certainly is. If you say that you or another person cannot fall short of God's mark then that's saying you are perfect and infallible. But God is God, we are not, I wouldn't be so proud and high minded to claim that we could never fall knowing we are still human and not yet glorified.

B

Buddee

It most certainly is. If you say that you or another person cannot fall short of God's mark then that's saying you are perfect and infallible. But God is God, we are not, I wouldn't be so proud and high minded to claim that we could never fall knowing we are still human and not yet glorified.
That is not what YOU originally said.

YOU said, and I quote, "To say somethign is impossible for man is to say that man is infallible."

You mention NOTHING about falling short of God's mark nor did I or anyone else as you so boldly suggested "claim that we could never fall knowing we are still human and not yet glorified."

You really need to check where that finger of yours ought to be pointing.

Then go smell the roses.

Jan 8, 2009
I also quote what I said right after that, which you probably missed,

The correct thing to say would be that all these things are possible for man, but by God's grace we will not do that.
You said:

You mention NOTHING about falling short of God's mark nor did I or anyone else as you so boldly suggested "claim that we could never fall knowing we are still human and not yet glorified."

That is in fact what they mean when people say that something is impossible for man. To say something is impossible for man is to claim that man is God. That is what it really amounts to when a person says they can never turn away from Christ or lose faith or deny Christ, but the examples are plenty.

Remember that Paul said "no not I Lord" that he would never deny Christ , and well we know what happened there don't we?

Remember that pride comes before a fall. Perhaps that's why so many OSAS believers do end up backsliding, and unfortunately in their state of denial, think they are still saved. So as Paul taught, do not be highminded but fear, because if God didn't spare the natural branches He may not spare you either (Romans 11).

I am pleased to see that the bible commentaries I consult are agreeable with my views, or rather, I do bother to check I'm interpreting scripture correctly, from a variety of sources, unlike most in here:

PNT commentary:

And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief. As Gentile believers will be cut off unless they "continue in the goodness of God," so the Jews, if they abandon their unbelief, shall again be grafted in. They are not cut off by a decree of God casting them away, but by their own unbelief.

Barnes commentary:

Otherwise thou also shalt be cut off - Compare Joh_15:2. The word "thou" refers here to the Gentile churches. In relation to them the favor of God was dependent on their fidelity. If they became disobedient and unbelieving, then the same principle which led him to withdraw his mercy from the Jewish people would lead also to their rejection and exclusion. And on this principle, God has acted in numberless cases. Thus, his favor was withdrawn from the seven churches of Asia Rev. 1–3, from Corinth, from Antioch, from Philippi, and even from Rome itself.

Scripture aligns with other scripture beautifully when we aren't filtering scripture through a false doctrine of man, such as OSAS. We don't have to argue that humans are robots, infallable, or try to align scripture to a OSAS point of view if we just read each scripture in context assuming no prior knowledge or presumption of what it is meaning.

Last edited:
B

Buddee

Brother, you're so busy being "right" that you don't even see when you are wrong.

Now, tell me again about Paul saying
"no not I Lord" and his denying Christ? :confused:

This is a good one as well...

"
I am pleased to see that the bible commentaries I consult are agreeable with my views, or rather, I do bother to check I'm interpreting scripture correctly, from a variety of sources, unlike most in here:"

No overtones of high-mindedness in that statement!
:D

Jan 8, 2009
Buddee are you interested in playing the who or who isn't high minded game or seeking the truth? Probably the former. And yes I am pleased to see that my and their views agree, that's all I said. If they didn't, then I would seriously re-think my position.

The point with Peter and Christ was that Peter was adamant that he would never deny Christ, but then he did deny Christ three times. OSAS believers saying they can never do this or never do that (i.e it's impossible for them), remind me of how Peter said he would never deny Christ but ended up doing it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.