A Christian Tribute to 911

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
A Christian Tribute to 911

If this doesn't touch your christian heart spiritually...

God bless our fallen, our fallen heroes, our survivors and all their loved ones...

Nice tribute...

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Always a good cry though... I find them healing in a healthy way - have become restorative...

I had the television on in the TV room while working on the computer in the office next to that room. It was a morning show that was broadcasting. The hostess was in downtown Manhattan. All the sudden I hear this panic in her voice as she tells viewers a plane just struck one of the towers.
By the time I got to the TV room the second plane was making impact on the second tower. I thought I was watching a Hollywood special effect.
I prayed those buildings were empty. That all the people who worked there had been tied up in the tunnel or on the bridge .
I cried for a week.

Years later a Muslim planned on converting a former retail site into a mosque. The building was about two blocks from ground zero.
The sponsor of this project was known to have shady relations with extremists overseas and he was determined. There are a great number of mosques in Manhattan already. But he wanted one two blocks away from the site where Muslim hijackers made world history. And the city fathers were too afraid to tick off the Muslims that they were ready to concede and allow the mosque to happen.

Then came Donald Trump. :) The so called 9-11 mosque never happened. I will always respect him for that.

America is stronger than her enemies.
God's mercies surround those who perished that awful day. And his love and strength surround those who grieve still.

Aug 2, 2009
They said in the news that a lot of current high school students were not yet born on 9/11. It doesn't seem like that long ago to me. :eek:

Aug 2, 2009
But yes, it was a very sad time. I remember it took an emotional toll on me. The whole country was greiving. It was like a dark cloud. I remember people were so nice to each other for some time after it happened. Even other drivers were being courteous... thats like a miracle around here.