a hope of fear

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
There have been alot of posts on the fear of God Our Father and I have been reading them in hope.
I hope that some of you can help me with this.
You see, fear has always been born of abuse, cruelty,severe disapline,abandonement, and always meant that I would suffer some kind of pain.
Mostly, as I know some of you can understand, through expeariance as well, due to the abuse of a worldly father.
I have some fear of God, but I cannot seem to get past fear being bad.
I have prayed, and I welcome any prayer here, for myself and others that struggle with this.
I just cannot get the bad out of fear.
This is why Im asking your help here.
Please share any scripture that has helped you, or you believe can help.
I know this is causing me to hold back trust in God Our Father, my hope, is that what you share will not only help me, but others that struggle with this.
Ultimatly, it will require faith, but scripture sure would help, also any witness of your own expearience.
I know some how that to embrace the fear of God with Joy, would be to abolish any fear of the world or evil.
I just cant seem to get past fear being bad.
If one can consider, the fear of Our Lord God would end every and all other fears.
Thankyou for any help on this.
God bless, pickles

G

greatkraw

Pickles, i suppose fear is bad

i just consider it wrong

perfect love casts out fear

if we trust God we have no cause to fear

it can be important to differentiate between an irrational emotion and what you choose to believe to be true

let your thinking rule your feelings consistently and the feelings will eventually start to obey

more than anything do it all in God's power

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
What is calledmfear of the Lord is not like the fear you relate to, and it saddens me that you have suffered in such ways, and I relate with your pain, because my mother was very abusive, physically and mentally. But in God I found something that I never believed possible; love without measure, love that does not have any bounds, love that does not depend upon my performance or goodness or looks or anything other than He just loves me, just as I am.

Fear of God is not fear as of an authority figure, not for us. Rather it is the sure understanding of just how magnificent He is, how so beyond our experience and knowledge. And truthfully, I believe that this will be our experience with Him even into eternity, and that we will always be awed by Him. My experience with our Father is one of a love for me that is so undeserved and yet so freely given, in circumstances where I expected anything but love. This is the main reason why He holds my awe.

But those who are fleshly minded, to them the experience of God's present is a fearful thing. Fir the flesh cannot endure seeing Him. This is why those at the mountain in the wilderness did not want God to talk to them, lest they die.

No it is not a fear like you are used to. His love encompases us about like arms that protect us from all enemies.

In His love,

L

lighthousejohn

There have been alot of posts on the fear of God Our Father and I have been reading them in hope.
I hope that some of you can help me with this.
You see, fear has always been born of abuse, cruelty,severe disapline,abandonement, and always meant that I would suffer some kind of pain.
Mostly, as I know some of you can understand, through expeariance as well, due to the abuse of a worldly father.
I have some fear of God, but I cannot seem to get past fear being bad.
I have prayed, and I welcome any prayer here, for myself and others that struggle with this.
I just cannot get the bad out of fear.
This is why Im asking your help here.
Please share any scripture that has helped you, or you believe can help.
I know this is causing me to hold back trust in God Our Father, my hope, is that what you share will not only help me, but others that struggle with this.
Ultimatly, it will require faith, but scripture sure would help, also any witness of your own expearience.
I know some how that to embrace the fear of God with Joy, would be to abolish any fear of the world or evil.
I just cant seem to get past fear being bad.
If one can consider, the fear of Our Lord God would end every and all other fears.
Thankyou for any help on this.
God bless, pickles
Pickles,

I interpret "fear of God" as meaning awesome reverence. I also believe that there was a literal fear of God stemming from the old testament. If you look at what God did throughout the Old Testament in regards to striking people down in supernatural ways. He caused an entire clan to be swallowed up by the earth. He caused the Isrealites to die in the wilderness over a 40 year period because of their distrust of Him. They lived in fearful obedience of God because they were afraid of not obeying God.

How many times have you heard the phrase "May God strike me dead..."? It is a favorite line to indicate a person is not lieng. To testify in court, you had to swear on the Bible that you "would tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God". This also stems from a fear of God.

Fortunately, the New Testament gives us a new promiose and a new covenant. God's grace is freely offered to all. Tere is still judgement for everyone but God gives us the choice of reward or punishment based on our choice. We no longer need to live in fear of God holding a sledge hammer over our head if we do something wrong. I choose to have an aweome reverence of God's power, wisdom, knowledge and love.

If you can change your definition of fear, you will see God in a new light.

In Christ,
John

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Greatkraw, VW, and John, thankyou for your help, Im getting a message that the fear I think I should have ,is not what God Our Father wants.
Is this what your saying?
Your right John , reading the OT has made me think I should fear God Our Father more than I do, but it is possible that, that bugger satan is tring to trip me. Im struggling with trying to overcome some things in my life, smoking is the biggy. I keep thinking if I had more fear , maby I could succeed.
But then Im thinking Im the one rather than it being Jesus and in him, God Our Father healing this.
Maby I should just stop thinking too much. smiles
I do believe that the fear of God Our Father will end all other fears, this part seems to be good, but this is more about trust than fear.
Ugh, thinking to much again. I should just step back from all of this and let Jesus lead.
If Im missing something here let me know.
Thankyou Greatkraw, VW, John.
God bless, pickles

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
You know, not once did Jesus say for us to fear our heavenly Father. I wondered why, but now I know. Jesus is in our Father, and we are in Jesus.

I am blown away by my Father in heaven. Fear does not come anywhere near to describing how I feel about Him, and I am not sure that words could suffice in any case.

K

Kat50LovesJesus

Hey there, Pickles...Oh my...The wisdom...The Love in ya'll...I love and need ya'll so much...This has been coming up in chat too. Alot...And I love how Our God takes care of us and leads us and shows us what we need to read what we need to do. And I don't know why...but I haven't been able to testify like I should have...and how I'm doing that now. I don't understand why right now I have to write all these posts and they are so long... I can't help it...hoping and walking by faith...I have to do this now... How He loves us and won't ever leave us...I had a hard time with someone loving me for more than 15 minutes...My daddy left us...adultery, you know. Abandoned wasn't the word! Oh dear me...even now at times 50 and still 12 at the same time...Fear gripping me and still does sometimes that I'll be abandoned and left alone when I can't do anything on my own anymore. (At least that's how it feels...But really I do know that He will strengthen me for whatever I need to do in this life He has given me.) So could I relate to a Loving Father? Nope...One that wouldn't leave me...Nope...That Loved me all the time...That loved and didn't lust? (Like my boyfriends and/or husbands) Nope...That knew me even before I was born...Nope...Why was I born? I was miserable!!! Drinking, smoking to ease the pain inside. Escape this mess. I had to escape somehow...Drank myself almost to death in 10 years. Smoked for 29 years!!! 29 years...Saved...smoking...Oh...I know smoking won't keep us out of Heaven...but from my very own experience; I was not being used to my full potential by God as long as I was smoking...I wanted God to use me. I wanted to be filled with every bit of Him that I was supposed to have. So guess what started coming up on the TV at that time (Christian television) preachers that smoked before. Some of them even preaching and then going to smoke!!! Oh my...and then one testifying how she was just set free...I kept wanting that. But then the healthy fear of God took over. Then the truth started settling in on me. I am a vessel of the Holy Spirit and literally I can't have smoke going in all over Him...Whew...What The Lord does to us to set us free...I smoked more and became more fearful. Could not stop on my own...couldn't...tried...couldn't smoke enough...getting sicker and sicker...even tried the gum...didn't work...The last 2 weeks that I smoked were the worst...but did I live through it? Yes...and now can talk about being set free from a very powerful addiction. Found out another truth. Addicition is Lust of the flesh...My body craving that drug. Lusting...after it. So what did I do to be set free...for good...just like I had never smoked? Justified...just as if I had never smoked...It feels like right now that I have never had one in my mouth...Oh my...cleansed...I prepared for a yard sale!!! The most carefully I had ever prepared...(Keep in mind...God is not in our little box...He can and will do anything any way He wants to, hahaha) Marked every item...Took 2 weeks to prepare. Praying every minute it seemed like. Then I said these words: Lord, we need this money right now from this yard sale. (we did need it for some bills) and I need Your help. Lord...My daddy needs healing and I'm praying for him. And Lord if You will help me to make at least $500.00 at this yard sale (which to me wasn't much, hahaha-looking at it now-oh dear-there was no way I could've made that much) Anyway...I said...I will give up smoking. Well...that weekend was a turning point!!! He lead me to the church He wanted me to go to. This lady came bee-bopping up and was going to the church that I had been praying for! And when the yard sale was all said and done; I came home and started counting more money than I had ever seen at one time. $400-450-500-$550...Isn't Our God Amazing!!! $589.00...From the very second I knew how much money there was and it was over the $500.00 that I had asked for...from that very second...The desire to smoke left me and has not been back. It's been almost 5 years. We serve an Awesome God that hears us that knows our heart...That binds up our broken hearts and sets us free...I want to be free IN HIM...so bad it hurts...And as long as there is at least one breath in me; there is still hope that I can do something for Him...Oh my...He is my everything now...In The Mighty Name of Jesus...I pray...There is something else that helped me beyond anything else. When I fear The Lord...I run right into His Loving Arms...When I am afraid I run away...When I fear-I run to...It's true The Fear of The Lord is the beginning of Wisdom...and Psalm 19:9 (NKJV) The fear of The Lord is clean, enduring forever;

May 21, 2009
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Child,

You may not know me,
but I know everything about you.

Psalm 139:1
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know when you sit down and when you rise up. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Psalm 139:2
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am familiar with all your ways. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Psalm 139:3
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Matthew 10:29-31
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you were made in my image. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Genesis 1:27
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In me you live and move and have your being.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Acts 17:28
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my offspring. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Acts 17:28
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knew you even before you were conceived. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Jeremiah 1:4-5
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I chose you when I planned creation. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Ephesians 1:11-12
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You were not a mistake,
for all your days are written in my book.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Psalm 139:15-16
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I determined the exact time of your birth
and where you would live.
Acts 17:26
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are fearfully and wonderfully made. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Psalm 139:14
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knit you together in your mother's womb. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Psalm 139:13
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And brought you forth on the day you were born. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Psalm 71:6
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have been misrepresented
by those who don't know me.
John 8:41-44
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am not distant and angry,
but am the complete expression of love.
1 John 4:16
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1 John 3:1
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simply because you are my child
and I am your Father.
1 John 3:1
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Matthew 7:11
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am the perfect father. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Matthew 5:48
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
James 1:17
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Matthew 6:31-33
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Jeremiah 29:11
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because I love you with an everlasting love. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Jeremiah 31:3
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My thoughts toward you are countless
as the sand on the seashore.
Psalms 139:17-18
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I rejoice over you with singing. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Zephaniah 3:17
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will never stop doing good to you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Jeremiah 32:40
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my treasured possession. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Exodus 19:5
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I desire to establish you
with all my heart and all my soul.
Jeremiah 32:41
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I want to show you great and marvelous things. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Jeremiah 33:3
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you seek me with all your heart,
you will find me.
Deuteronomy 4:29
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Delight in me and I will give you
the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For it is I who gave you those desires. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Philippians 2:13
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am able to do more for you
than you could possibly imagine.
Ephesians 3:20
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your greatest encourager. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am also the Father who comforts you
in all your troubles.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you are brokenhearted,
I am close to you.
Psalm 34:18
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a shepherd carries a lamb,
I have carried you close to my heart.
Isaiah 40:11
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One day I will wipe away
every tear from your eyes.
Revelation 21:3-4
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I'll take away all the pain
you have suffered on this earth.
Revelation 21:3-4
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am your Father, and I love you
even as I love my son, Jesus.
John 17:23
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
John 17:26
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He is the exact representation of my being. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Hebrews 1:3
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He came to demonstrate that I am for you,
not against you.
Romans 8:31
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His death was the ultimate expression
of my love for you.
1 John 4:10
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I gave up everything I loved
that I might gain your love.
Romans 8:31-32
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you receive the gift of my son Jesus,
you receive me.
1 John 2:23
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And nothing will ever separate you
from my love again.
Romans 8:38-39
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Come home and I'll throw the biggest party
heaven has ever seen.
Luke 15:7
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have always been Father,
and will always be Father.
Ephesians 3:14-15
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My question is…
Will you be my child?
John 1:12-13
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am waiting for you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Luke 15:11-32
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Love, Your Dad
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Almighty God[/FONT]

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You know, not once did Jesus say for us to fear our heavenly Father. I wondered why, but now I know. Jesus is in our Father, and we are in Jesus.

I am blown away by my Father in heaven. Fear does not come anywhere near to describing how I feel about Him, and I am not sure that words could suffice in any case.
Thankyou VW,thankyou for conferming.
Last night God Our Father helped me understand, He is a good father.
Maby Ill post about it later. But it seems the great things in Him are sometimes beyond words. :)
In Jesus, God bless. pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hey there, Pickles...Oh my...The wisdom...The Love in ya'll...I love and need ya'll so much...This has been coming up in chat too. Alot...And I love how Our God takes care of us and leads us and shows us what we need to read what we need to do. And I don't know why...but I haven't been able to testify like I should have...and how I'm doing that now. I don't understand why right now I have to write all these posts and they are so long... I can't help it...hoping and walking by faith...I have to do this now... How He loves us and won't ever leave us...I had a hard time with someone loving me for more than 15 minutes...My daddy left us...adultery, you know. Abandoned wasn't the word! Oh dear me...even now at times 50 and still 12 at the same time...Fear gripping me and still does sometimes that I'll be abandoned and left alone when I can't do anything on my own anymore. (At least that's how it feels...But really I do know that He will strengthen me for whatever I need to do in this life He has given me.) So could I relate to a Loving Father? Nope...One that wouldn't leave me...Nope...That Loved me all the time...That loved and didn't lust? (Like my boyfriends and/or husbands) Nope...That knew me even before I was born...Nope...Why was I born? I was miserable!!! Drinking, smoking to ease the pain inside. Escape this mess. I had to escape somehow...Drank myself almost to death in 10 years. Smoked for 29 years!!! 29 years...Saved...smoking...Oh...I know smoking won't keep us out of Heaven...but from my very own experience; I was not being used to my full potential by God as long as I was smoking...I wanted God to use me. I wanted to be filled with every bit of Him that I was supposed to have. So guess what started coming up on the TV at that time (Christian television) preachers that smoked before. Some of them even preaching and then going to smoke!!! Oh my...and then one testifying how she was just set free...I kept wanting that. But then the healthy fear of God took over. Then the truth started settling in on me. I am a vessel of the Holy Spirit and literally I can't have smoke going in all over Him...Whew...What The Lord does to us to set us free...I smoked more and became more fearful. Could not stop on my own...couldn't...tried...couldn't smoke enough...getting sicker and sicker...even tried the gum...didn't work...The last 2 weeks that I smoked were the worst...but did I live through it? Yes...and now can talk about being set free from a very powerful addiction. Found out another truth. Addicition is Lust of the flesh...My body craving that drug. Lusting...after it. So what did I do to be set free...for good...just like I had never smoked? Justified...just as if I had never smoked...It feels like right now that I have never had one in my mouth...Oh my...cleansed...I prepared for a yard sale!!! The most carefully I had ever prepared...(Keep in mind...God is not in our little box...He can and will do anything any way He wants to, hahaha) Marked every item...Took 2 weeks to prepare. Praying every minute it seemed like. Then I said these words: Lord, we need this money right now from this yard sale. (we did need it for some bills) and I need Your help. Lord...My daddy needs healing and I'm praying for him. And Lord if You will help me to make at least $500.00 at this yard sale (which to me wasn't much, hahaha-looking at it now-oh dear-there was no way I could've made that much) Anyway...I said...I will give up smoking. Well...that weekend was a turning point!!! He lead me to the church He wanted me to go to. This lady came bee-bopping up and was going to the church that I had been praying for! And when the yard sale was all said and done; I came home and started counting more money than I had ever seen at one time. $400-450-500-$550...Isn't Our God Amazing!!! $589.00...From the very second I knew how much money there was and it was over the $500.00 that I had asked for...from that very second...The desire to smoke left me and has not been back. It's been almost 5 years. We serve an Awesome God that hears us that knows our heart...That binds up our broken hearts and sets us free...I want to be free IN HIM...so bad it hurts...And as long as there is at least one breath in me; there is still hope that I can do something for Him...Oh my...He is my everything now...In The Mighty Name of Jesus...I pray...There is something else that helped me beyond anything else. When I fear The Lord...I run right into His Loving Arms...When I am afraid I run away...When I fear-I run to...It's true The Fear of The Lord is the beginning of Wisdom...and Psalm 19:9 (NKJV) The fear of The Lord is clean, enduring forever;
Thankyou Kat, your words touched my heart. Your honesty is the real witness and truth always.
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Child,[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not know me, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but I know everything about you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:1 [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know when you sit down and when you rise up. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am familiar with all your ways. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 10:29-31[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you were made in my image. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Genesis 1:27[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In me you live and move and have your being.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acts 17:28 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my offspring. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acts 17:28 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knew you even before you were conceived. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 1:4-5 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I chose you when I planned creation. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ephesians 1:11-12 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You were not a mistake, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]for all your days are written in my book. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:15-16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I determined the exact time of your birth [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and where you would live. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acts 17:26 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are fearfully and wonderfully made. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:14 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knit you together in your mother's womb. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:13 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And brought you forth on the day you were born. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 71:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have been misrepresented [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by those who don't know me.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 8:41-44[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am not distant and angry, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but am the complete expression of love. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 4:16 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 3:1 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simply because you are my child [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and I am your Father. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 3:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 7:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am the perfect father. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 5:48 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]James 1:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 6:31-33 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 29:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because I love you with an everlasting love. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 31:3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My thoughts toward you are countless [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]as the sand on the seashore.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalms 139:17-18[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I rejoice over you with singing. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Zephaniah 3:17 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will never stop doing good to you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 32:40 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my treasured possession. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exodus 19:5 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I desire to establish you[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]with all my heart and all my soul. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 32:41 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I want to show you great and marvelous things. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 33:3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you seek me with all your heart, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you will find me. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deuteronomy 4:29 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Delight in me and I will give you [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the desires of your heart. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 37:4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For it is I who gave you those desires. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Philippians 2:13 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am able to do more for you [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]than you could possibly imagine. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ephesians 3:20 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your greatest encourager. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Thessalonians 2:16-17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am also the Father who comforts you [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in all your troubles. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Corinthians 1:3-4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you are brokenhearted, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am close to you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 34:18 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a shepherd carries a lamb, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have carried you close to my heart. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isaiah 40:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One day I will wipe away [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]every tear from your eyes. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Revelation 21:3-4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I'll take away all the pain [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you have suffered on this earth.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Revelation 21:3-4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am your Father, and I love you [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]even as I love my son, Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 17:23 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 17:26[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He is the exact representation of my being. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hebrews 1:3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He came to demonstrate that I am for you, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]not against you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Romans 8:31 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Corinthians 5:18-19[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Corinthians 5:18-19 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His death was the ultimate expression [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]of my love for you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 4:10[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I gave up everything I loved[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]that I might gain your love. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Romans 8:31-32 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you receive me. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 2:23[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And nothing will ever separate you [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]from my love again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Romans 8:38-39[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Come home and I'll throw the biggest party [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]heaven has ever seen.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luke 15:7 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have always been Father, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and will always be Father.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ephesians 3:14-15 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My question is…[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will you be my child? [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 1:12-13 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am waiting for you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luke 15:11-32[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love, Your Dad[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Almighty God[/FONT]
Thankyou loveschild for this, it reached in my heart and renewed the understanding of God Our Fathers love. Hopefully Ill be able to cut and paste this so I can print it .
This is beautiful, thankyou.
Hugs and God bless.
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou all for your help, as I mentioned to VW, last night God Our Father helped me see what he wanted.
Im still just floating in it all. I do hope to do a post. Just dont know how to word it all yet.
God has a sence of humor in His messages, along with His great love.
In Jesus, God bless. pickles

Q

quidni

Remember that language changes through time. "Cute" used to mean "bowlegged." "Gay" used to mean "bubbly and cheerful."

"Fear" and "terror" did not always mean the same thing. "Fear" was a healthy respect for, "terror" was the adrenaline that came with life-threatening danger.

I.e. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Having a healthy respect for God, for Who He is and what He can do, can inspire one to want to learn more about how to please Him. (paraphrase by quidni... worth every penny you paid for it.)

May 16, 2010
The only real fear I have of our Heavenly Father.is for His feelings! Knowing that HE is LOVE, and what Satan has forced Him to do is Despicable!

This is the part of the Contract (Covenent) made in LOVE. through the Families of Abraham. Issiac and Jacob that I believe HE wishes ALL would come to

repentance of. Just because OUR FATHER is going drop that knife on Satan; It does NOT make it any easier to do, than if He had made Abraham follow

through on Issiac! After all, HE IS LOVE!!!

Love & Peace Forever in CHRIST!!!

May 21, 2009
Pickles God gave you healing when he went to the cross. Now you just take what he has already given you. Rip the hurts out by the roots. Tell the hurts they can no longer live inside of you. Fill the holes of the roots with the blood of Jesus and be healed. Like the lady in the bible with the issue of blood. She had to go grab the healer to get her healing. Take your healing.

C

charisenexcelcis

I was rereading this post and something came to me. Was there an ontological change to the idea of "fear of the Lord" after the incarnation and the cross. Did this new revelation of God (Jesus Christ being the perfect revelation of God) change our response to God from fear of the unknown to awe at His love and grace? I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a healthy respect, but didn't Jesus ontologically change our relationship with the Father?

L

lighthousejohn

I was rereading this post and something came to me. Was there an ontological change to the idea of "fear of the Lord" after the incarnation and the cross. Did this new revelation of God (Jesus Christ being the perfect revelation of God) change our response to God from fear of the unknown to awe at His love and grace? I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a healthy respect, but didn't Jesus ontologically change our relationship with the Father?
David,

I agree. As I said earlier in this thread, we now have/live in awesome reverence of God. This change in attitude was brought about by Jesus' sacrifice so that we could be reconciled to the Father. He changed our approach to God by the tearing of the veil. God is no longer hidden from us. Now thru Christ, we can boldly come before the Throne of Grace. The tone of the commandments went from "Thou shalt nots" to "Thou shalts" Christ changed everything for us. Praise God!

In Christ,
John

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Yes, I think that He did. The evidence is there if looked for.

Blessings,
Vic

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
David,

I agree. As I said earlier in this thread, we now have/live in awesome reverence of God. This change in attitude was brought about by Jesus' sacrifice so that we could be reconciled to the Father. He changed our approach to God by the tearing of the veil. God is no longer hidden from us. Now thru Christ, we can boldly come before the Throne of Grace. The tone of the commandments went from "Thou shalt nots" to "Thou shalts" Christ changed everything for us. Praise God!

In Christ,
John
Hi John,
One could not even approach God according to the old covenant. But in the new, with the grace that is in Jesus, we read "Hence He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, because He always lives to make intercession for them. This is why He came and died and rose again. And it is in the holy presence of God that we are changed into His image, from glory to glory.

Blessings in Jesus,
Vic

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Wow, thankyou guys. I had looked at this as well, and in the Nt there is litttle referamce to fear. Pretty much revelations is the only place fear returns, and it seems to be for those that reject God.
God bless, pickles