A Mind Renewed By the Word

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lesjude

The Preface to Healing By Redemption by David Treharne (An uncopyrighted book)
"I have been practising medicine and surgery for nearly 30 years, and have been a believer for about 24 years.
Because of the conviction that the occupation of medical practitioner was an unscriptural one I gave it up, though it was the only means of livelihood familiar to me.
That step was a climax of years of considerable uneasiness of conscience.
As I am, God willing, about to publish a concise account of the development of my conviction, I will say no more on that subject here.
Commending the volume to the blessing of God, and to the unbiased judgement of the reader,
I remain,
Yours in the Lord's service,
DAVID TREHARNE."
Hawkhurst, Kent.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
And Luke the beloved physician?
Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.
(Col 4:14)
I never see anywhere in scripture where the practice is spoken disparagingly. It is only a problem when people trust them over their trust in God. God normally uses means such as physicians...it is the miracle healing that is the exception.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
The Preface to Healing By Redemption by David Treharne (An uncopyrighted book)
"I have been practising medicine and surgery for nearly 30 years, and have been a believer for about 24 years.
Because of the conviction that the occupation of medical practitioner was an unscriptural one I gave it up, though it was the only means of livelihood familiar to me.
That step was a climax of years of considerable uneasiness of conscience.
As I am, God willing, about to publish a concise account of the development of my conviction, I will say no more on that subject here.
Commending the volume to the blessing of God, and to the unbiased judgement of the reader,
I remain,
Yours in the Lord's service,
DAVID TREHARNE."
Hawkhurst, Kent.
I do not judge a soul for going to the doctor for healing, and I believe many do go to doctors for healing because the following elders are really scarce in our day and age:
Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

The oil overflowing has been rare for me to see in the church, and that is why I believe many are so unfruitful. Thorns, stony ground, and wayside are all reasons for not being fruitful.

My question to anyone who loves God (not questioning that) is this:

Why do you want someone other than God to heal you by going to the doctor? Do you not think God is trustworthy? This is not testing God, but it brings glory to God. Pain is a different story in my opinion, but to go to the doctor to be healed is not healthy for Christians, and we are not set apart in doing so. I guess there's really not a whole lot we are set apart in as Christians in America, is there? No all things common, no equality, respect of persons, no unity; sounds a bunch like the world to me. I'm not judging, just some food for thought about what the world might be seeing (that we/Christians are not really from Heaven, but some are).

L

lesjude

And Luke the beloved physician?
Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.
(Col 4:14)
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/54003-luke-physician-divine-healing.html
Please read the above link.
I never see anywhere in scripture where the practice is spoken disparagingly. It is only a problem when people trust them over their trust in God. God normally uses means such as physicians...it is the miracle healing that is the exception.
Please click the link and read: http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/54002-sin-sickness-medical-system.html
Mark 5:25-26

New King James Version (NKJV)

25 Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years, 26 and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse.

2 Chronicles 16:12-13

12 And in the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa became diseased in his feet, and his malady was severe; yet in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but the physicians.
13 So Asa rested with his fathers; he died in the forty-first year of his reign.
The Jews KNEW they could NEVER get away with doing BOTH!

1 Kings 18:21

21 And Elijah came to all the people, and said, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people answered him not a word.

Jeremiah 17:5

5 Thus says the Lord:
“Cursed is the man who trusts in man
And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the Lord.

Feb 11, 2012
The greatest healing God provides through repentance and faith, is a heart and spirit, no longer under the bondages of sin, he chooses to heal who He desires, and its not lacking faith if you go to the emergency room when you may bleed to death, or you need heart surgery,etc,,, God uses the godlyand the ungodly to heal in many ways, but many strong men and women of God have had many ailments even crippled, and God never healed them physically, but spiritually He will, only to a real brokeness and repentance leading to salvation!
ISA 55-7
Its not sin to seek out medical help and medications, as long at the meds do not become an addiction.

One of the most godly men, I know who preaches the truth, had a kidney transplant recently, God used this to reach others through his courage and pain he went through,and also provided him a new kidney, through many fine surgeons who God used to heal Him.

I am not saying God cannot heal cancer, failing organs, rare diseases, but His main healing is the heart of man, who turns from thier evil ways and seeks His mercy and forgiveness!

L

lesjude

The greatest healing God provides through repentance and faith, is a heart and spirit, no longer under the bondages of sin, he chooses to heal who He desires, and its not lacking faith if you go to the emergency room when you may bleed to death, or you need heart surgery,etc,,, God uses the godlyand the ungodly to heal in many ways, but many strong men and women of God have had many ailments even crippled, and God never healed them physically, but spiritually He will, only to a real brokeness and repentance leading to salvation!
ISA 55-7
Its not sin to seek out medical help and medications, as long at the meds do not become an addiction.

One of the most godly men, I know who preaches the truth, had a kidney transplant recently, God used this to reach others through his courage and pain he went through,and also provided him a new kidney, through many fine surgeons who God used to heal Him.

I am not saying God cannot heal cancer, failing organs, rare diseases, but His main healing is the heart of man, who turns from thier evil ways and seeks His mercy and forgiveness!
Please give scripture for God permitting the taking of poison. The Bible says the opposite. ALL drugs harm the body in ANY amount. The long term effects are not known until it is too late. Jesus never used them, never recommends them, and in fact poked some fun at the drug users with spit and mud.
It is not from God's side that anyone is not healed. What you are doing is changing God's forever settled word based on man's experience. That amounts to calling God a liar. I suggest repentance and having your mind renewed by God's word.
God clearly provides both spiritual healing and physical healing in the atonement and in the meaning of "save" as used in the Bible.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Please give scripture for God permitting the taking of poison. The Bible says the opposite. ALL drugs harm the body in ANY amount. The long term effects are not known until it is too late. Jesus never used them, never recommends them, and in fact poked some fun at the drug users with spit and mud.
It is not from God's side that anyone is not healed. What you are doing is changing God's forever settled word based on man's experience. That amounts to calling God a liar. I suggest repentance and having your mind renewed by God's word.
God clearly provides both spiritual healing and physical healing in the atonement and in the meaning of "save" as used in the Bible.
Here's the verse on drinking poison (but as long as it's not testing God)

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Even the sun puts holes in us everyday by the x rays, so that's something harmful to our bodies everyday, and it's ok, cause we're already dead (the flesh). I used to be a welders helper, and would cough up black stuff all of the time, and I willfully did it too. I sit around campfires sometimes, and willfully allow myself to get wiffs of campfire smoke. Many willfully take immunization shots, and it's possible that some of those shots are more harmful. The list goes on and on.

Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

By the way, I do have experience with deadly water (poison), and it has no power over me (to God be all the glory).

D

djness

Is healing blocked if the recipient doesn't believe? Let's say for instance 100 people believe perfectly that God will heal someone but that person isn't getting healed. Is it a lack of faith on the recipients part?

One of the great examples im sure we all know of is Joni Eareckson Tada, or perhaps Nick Vujicic. She is disabled and he was born without legs or arms. Do you believe that both of these people despite being prayed over have rejected healing in their innermost beings and therefore have not been healed? I don't know if anyone in the bible actually had a limb fully replaced, although jesus did reattach a guys ear. Usually though they had the body part it just wasn't working well.

A friend of my moms had cancer..lived 5 years longer then the doctors gave her...was prayed over and prayed for healing...my father had disease his whole life...was prayed over and prayed for healing.

Is the lack of healing that takes place because they didn't REALLY have the faith to be healed...is there an instance in scripture were someone was the unwilling recpient of healing?
I can't think of anyone other then maybe Lazerous coming back from the dead. Most all of the other people wanted to be healed. Or the kid who fell out the window or several other people who died. They were dead though, and really had no say in the matter. Hmmm but what then about the centurians servant or other people now that I think of it, several children who had fallen ill.

so is there perhaps in all of these people despite the enormous amount of faith exerted by the people around them that there is something side unwilling to believe and that is why they are not healed? This is very puzzling.

I don't have alot of faith ..soo im not really taking sides on this. I do actually somewhat agree with jude on the healing part..i think we do lack the faith....but i have a hard time believing medicine is evil..

I have a handicap since birth, I don't even pretned I will ever have the faitht o be healed...although i think being healed would cure me of alot of other depressions. I know people have prayed for me..
there is no cure for what i have although they are working towards one

How about this verse?
John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

L

lesjude

Is healing blocked if the recipient doesn't believe? Let's say for instance 100 people believe perfectly that God will heal someone but that person isn't getting healed. Is it a lack of faith on the recipients part?
The Bible clearly says that the issue is NOT form God's side. Here is a link with reasons the Bible gives as to why people are not healed. Please click on it and ask if you have any questions. http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/53578-why-many-fail-receive-healing.html

One of the great examples im sure we all know of is Joni Eareckson Tada, or perhaps Nick Vujicic. She is disabled and he was born without legs or arms. Do you believe that both of these people despite being prayed over have rejected healing in their innermost beings and therefore have not been healed? I don't know if anyone in the bible actually had a limb fully replaced, although jesus did reattach a guys ear. Usually though they had the body part it just wasn't working well.
Mrs Tada by the words of her mouth that I have heard is not exercising any faith for her healing. I personally have not seen any parts of the body restored/recreated but we have family friends and our oldest son's father in law that have seen it numerous times so I know God does it. We will see it in Jesus' name.

A friend of my moms had cancer..lived 5 years longer then the doctors gave her...was prayed over and prayed for healing...my father had disease his whole life...was prayed over and prayed for healing
I cannot comment on these issues except to say it was not from God's side. If it was then He is a liar and not God.
Is the lack of healing that takes place because they didn't REALLY have the faith to be healed...is there an instance in scripture were someone was the unwilling recpient of healing?
I can't think of anyone other then maybe Lazerous coming back from the dead. Most all of the other people wanted to be healed. Or the kid who fell out the window or several other people who died. They were dead though, and really had no say in the matter. Hmmm but what then about the centurians servant or other people now that I think of it, several children who had fallen ill.
Read Mark 16:17-18 and notice it does not say those that are healed have to believe anything.Those that lay hands on them are expected to believe.
so is there perhaps in all of these people despite the enormous amount of faith exerted by the people around them that there is something side unwilling to believe and that is why they are not healed? This is very puzzling.
Most do not know what Bible faith is or how to exercise it. Hoping i.e. maybe it is God's will and maybe it isn't is a LONG way from Bible faith. Usually I have found that is the situation. If you do not have God's will forever settled on the basis of His word and character alone you cannot exercise Bible faith.

I don't have alot of faith ..soo im not really taking sides on this. I do actually somewhat agree with jude on the healing part..i think we do lack the faith....but i have a hard time believing medicine is evil..
You really do. You believe that when you throw a switch lights will come on and you cannot see the electricity. You walk on floors that you are absolutely sure will support you. You get the idea. Here is what faith is Hebrews 11:1, here is how a promise is received Mark 11:24 (note the tenses) and then what is believed in the heart will be acted upon and come out the mouth in agreement with what you have received on the basis of God's word and character. The prayer of faith need only be prayed once. Here is why: 1 John 5:14-15.

I have a handicap since birth, I don't even pretned I will ever have the faitht o be healed...although i think being healed would cure me of alot of other depressions. I know people have prayed for me..
there is no cure for what i have although they are working towards one

How about this verse?
John 9:3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.
You can have healing because Jesus loves you and died for you to have it.
The healing is what glorified God not the sickness. However this does not mean that the root of all sickness is not sin because that is how it came into the world. Note the man was healed thus defeating the source of sickness which is sin and Satan, then the man received salvation and was spiritually healed.

Here is a summary of faith and how to use the faith you already have and strengthen it:
It is always Jesus' will to heal, no exceptions, only conditions and these are easily met by grace through faith. II Cor. 1:20

Exodus 15:26 The condition is to be obedient to the truth we have and a heart to learn more. God does not put the sickness on us but allows it for disobedience or for the following reasons: I Peter 1:7, James 1:2-4, Romans 5:3-5.

Please be aware of I Cor 10:13. One way is to use you supernatural prayer language. Jude 20.
Psalm 107:20 The condition is to know Jesus loves you enough to heal you every time because He and His word are the same! The Centurion understood this and the authority of the word. We have the same authority to speak that word over ourselves and others! See Matt 8:5-13. So speak I Peter 2:24 over yourself. Proverbs 4:20-23 and Proverbs 18:21. It was ALREADY accomplished 2000 years ago. Isaiah 53:1-12. In verse 4 the words griefs and sorrows should be sickness and pains. This is explained in Matt. 8:16-17. The tense of 'fulfilled' means ongoing. See Hebrews 13:8. Jesus heals today!
I explained Mark 11:23-24. Your 'mountain' is what you have been told by the doctors. One of the conditions to "move the mountain" is Mark 11:25-26. Make sure you have NO unforgiveness in you heart!

Here are two case studies of how faith works: II Kings 4:8-37. Note the words that came out of her mouth as to what she was believing for. "It is well!"

The other is the 12 spies in Numbers 13 and 14. Note what Caleb and Joshua said when ALL the facts and evidence were against God's promise. Do not let the 'facts' of your situation contradict God's truth in I Peter 2:24, Psalm 103:1-5, Exodus 15:25, Exodus 23:25, Psalm 107:20 (just like the Centurion's servant!

Here are the scriptures that I gave a lady who took them like medicine: All are in Matt. 8:16-17, 9:35, 10:1, 12:15, 14:14, 14:35-36, 15:29-31, 19:1-2, 21:14 and she was healed of terminal cancer. The point is Jesus is still willing to heal all who come to Him. The main condition is coming in faith (see Hebrews chapter 11). Jesus will also show you how to act your faith as all did in Hebrews 11. See James 2:18-26. All acted their faith.
If you have ANY questions please ask.