A pastors testimony testimony regarding Calvinism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Yeah I am with you on 2 Cor 12:1-6 :)

That said and you know this probably, look at Vs 4-6:

[SUP]4 [/SUP]was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak. [SUP]5 [/SUP]On behalf of such a man I will boast; but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in regard to my weaknesses. [SUP]6 [/SUP]For if I do wish to boast I will not be foolish, for I will be speaking the truth; but I refrain from this, so that no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me.

1) Paul heard things in Paradise[3rd Heaven] humans were not allowed to repeat.
2) He could boast about this visit but he won't
3) His boasting would be ok, because what he would boast about is the truth
4) He will not boast, because it would take away from his primary Gospel message

This tells us that no man goes to the third heaven[paradise] and can repeat what he hears because it is not for human ears.

Like I said, I know you probably already know this, but I added this, since you brought it up, for the edification of other readers.
AMEN...goes along with PETER saying not to trust experiences (Transfiguration) because we have a more SURE WORD OF PROPHECY

The word will always trump experiences......

notuptome

May 17, 2013
mheh

like Jesus said, if someone came back from hell they still would not believe

garbage

if the devil cannot get you to say he does not exist, he will flip you the other way and convince you that Christianity consists of fighting the devil

we could never win that battle, but thanks be to God, it has already been won

on the other hand, Calvinism is a tool of the devil IMO. it is a religious system and no freedom at all.

for the record, I do not believe that Calvinists are not saved. they are barking up the wrong tree however. there is nothing in the tree they are shaking and barking at. :p
They do repeatedly mark their territory.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
People just can't resist bashing biblical sotierology, also know as Calvinism. Lol.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Anyone who clams to have gone to hell and came back....has lost any and all credibility in my mind............just saying
Well I went on YouTube and checked out his channel. He has some ...... ok some heavy stuff . He talks about things like his visit to Hell . He said Jesus took him there . He has many vids many about how California is in for it. Most of all his stuff has come from his visions. This guy needs to go back on his meds or seek professional help. It would be laughable if it weren’t so sad .
Pray for this man he needs help .
Blessings
Bill

Feb 1, 2014
Anyone who clams to have gone to hell and came back....has lost any and all credibility in my mind............just saying
Amen..nuts are a dime a dozen :)

Or liars who are attention seekers.

May 1, 2016
if making up stories about going to hell is this guys best attempt at refuting Calvinism he needs to step up his studies in theology and philosophy

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I believe the same thing about people claiming they have gone to heaven and returned.
Except for Paul right? Paul when to the 3rd heaven and came back and was not permitted to speak of it!!!

Nov 6, 2017
Except for Paul right? Paul when to the 3rd heaven and came back and was not permitted to speak of it!!!
Check out what I replied to another poster about this very thing in this thread on Post #19

Here it is:

Yeah I am with you on 2 Cor 12:1-6 :)

That said and you know this probably, look at Vs 4-6:

[SUP]4 [/SUP]was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak. [SUP]5 [/SUP]On behalf of such a man I will boast; but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in regard to my weaknesses. [SUP]6 [/SUP]For if I do wish to boast I will not be foolish, for I will be speaking the truth; but I refrain from this, so that no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me.

1) Paul heard things in Paradise[3rd Heaven] humans were not allowed to repeat.
2) He could boast about this visit but he won't
3) His boasting would be ok, because what he would boast about is the truth
4) He will not boast, because it would take away from his primary Gospel message

This tells us that no man goes to the third heaven[paradise] and can repeat what he hears because it is not for human ears.

Like I said, I know you probably already know this, but I added this, since you brought it up, for the edification of other readers.