A question? A comfermation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
We all agree the bible is the inspired and living word of God.
Many also agree that the Holy Spirit teaches us a deeper understanding of the word.
I wanted to ask what you believe the scripture: Ask and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you.: means ?
I already believe and know it is about all that we ask we shall recieve in faith and accepting Jesus into our hearts and letting Our Lord God recieving us . Also God granting his promises, gifts.
Over the last few months I see a deeper understanding of this. I say deeper for lack of a better word.
I hope that in many of you sharing your understanding I will recieve a comfermation.
Thankyou so very much for your help. I know it may seem a funny way to ask but this is very important to me.
God bless, pickles

Jan 8, 2009
It's about being progressive in how we should approach prayer. From simple asking to more persevering knocking.

W

worldlover

from what i understand Ask and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you means that God is always ready to provide if
you are sincere to your prayers, willing to do anything, and if he sees that you really need it.

S

shad

We all agree the bible is the inspired and living word of God.
Many also agree that the Holy Spirit teaches us a deeper understanding of the word.
I wanted to ask what you believe the scripture: Ask and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you.: means ?
I already believe and know it is about all that we ask we shall recieve in faith and accepting Jesus into our hearts and letting Our Lord God recieving us . Also God granting his promises, gifts.
Over the last few months I see a deeper understanding of this. I say deeper for lack of a better word.
I hope that in many of you sharing your understanding I will recieve a comfermation.
Thankyou so very much for your help. I know it may seem a funny way to ask but this is very important to me.
God bless, pickles
Pickles, you have a beautiful heart after God. I want to respond by way of an example. Let's say you had a Bible Study and you outgrew your meeting place and it was time to ask God to provide a new location. You get together with your people and ask God for a new location. Now you go out by faith and seek it out and start knocking on some doors. As you are knocking a door opens up. This is how we approach things that we are seeking God for. The whole process is from faith to faith, the asking, the seeking and the knocking on the doors until one opens up. You trust, you trust and you trust some more while your faith was active and believing God even for the impossible. You asked, you went seeking and the door opened and it was all by grace. Then you can say that truly this was from the Lord and you can rejoice.

W

Walt

I feel like God is talking about revealing Himself to you as well as giving you a deeper understanding of His Word and who He is.
I also think it applies when you ask for guidance or wisdom from the Holy Spirit.

He follows that verse in Luke with this:

Luke 11:11-13 (New International Version)

11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[a] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles, you have a beautiful heart after God. I want to respond by way of an example. Let's say you had a Bible Study and you outgrew your meeting place and it was time to ask God to provide a new location. You get together with your people and ask God for a new location. Now you go out by faith and seek it out and start knocking on some doors. As you are knocking a door opens up. This is how we approach things that we are seeking God for. The whole process is from faith to faith, the asking, the seeking and the knocking on the doors until one opens up. You trust, you trust and you trust some more while your faith was active and believing God even for the impossible. You asked, you went seeking and the door opened and it was all by grace. Then you can say that truly this was from the Lord and you can rejoice.
Im not sure how to speak of what Im asking. In prayer, I was given an answer, I asked Our Lord God about how do I came closer? Ask and you shal recieve was what rested on me. I became more aware of how even though we are still in the world, we as his children can live so compleatly in Jesus that we are no longer in the world. I know this sounds so simple , but it is the depth of this, the understanding that I want to comferm. So great is this that as much as I want to step forward Im also afraid. I wish I could explain it better.
Then last night again I saw how much I fail. I wondered again if I will ever be able to do the will of Our Lord Jesus as he asks. I was brought pretty low again. Hills and vallys again as I say. So many thngs can meet scripture, but also I want to test and have comfermation. I do wish sometimes that Our Father in heaven could check a box for us as to yes or no. It would make the walk alot easyer.
Thankyou for your answer and if you see more Id like to hear.
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
mahogony,walt and worldlover please see above for my responce. Thankyou all so much.
God bless, pickles

May 21, 2009
Asking first of all we all should be always wanting more and more of God and being able to do his will. Plus all the other wants we have. I used to go to this church and not many people went there. I had been doing all I could to be close to God. I was upset by the church not being filled and I prayed for God to fill the church. The Holy Spirit took over the Pastor and was saying ask and you shall receive, knock, all the different ways in the bible of ask and you shall have. Then the Lord sent a bunch of angels and said if people don't fill the church I will send my angels to fill the church. God is cool! It's all about if we are really obeying God then he will give us what we ask. Have fun, Love

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Asking first of all we all should be always wanting more and more of God and being able to do his will. Plus all the other wants we have. I used to go to this church and not many people went there. I had been doing all I could to be close to God. I was upset by the church not being filled and I prayed for God to fill the church. The Holy Spirit took over the Pastor and was saying ask and you shall receive, knock, all the different ways in the bible of ask and you shall have. Then the Lord sent a bunch of angels and said if people don't fill the church I will send my angels to fill the church. God is cool! It's all about if we are really obeying God then he will give us what we ask. Have fun, Love
I love so much hearing how Jesus works in lives. Thankyou Loveschild.
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I just wanted to share good news. Our Lord God checked my answer box.
God bless, pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.